The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

International relations

Hi! I have applied for 2024 intake to kcl, lse, Queen Mary and Royal Holloway with my As Level grades (history b, English b, business b) and my predicted for A Level are all As. Do you think I will get an offer from any of these unis?
Reply 1
I’m confused, are your “A-level grades” already achieved in formal examination, or are they what you currently achieve in each subject? If the former, I’m skeptical as to whether the higher band universities such as LSE would give an offer considering their “AAA” requirements (Source: their website). If the latter however, I see no reason why if, combined with strong supra-curricular activity and PS they wouldn’t. Obviously, A*s would be ideal, but if you have a strong application you’d meet the minimum requirements, again however, it is contingent on having a generally strong application.
(edited 2 months ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by TomSight
I’m confused, are your “A-level grades” already achieved in formal examination, or are they what you currently achieve in each subject? If the former, I’m skeptical as to whether the higher band universities such as LSE would give an offer considering their “AAA” requirements (Source: their website). If the latter however, I see no reason why if, combined with strong supra-curricular activity and PS they wouldn’t. Obviously, A*s would be ideal, but if you have a strong application you’d meet the minimum requirements, again however, it is contingent on having a generally strong application.

Basically I have my As level grades and for A Level my teachers submitted my predicted grades which are based of mock exams as I will be taking A level this year in may/June.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi! I have applied for 2024 intake to kcl, lse, Queen Mary and Royal Holloway with my As Level grades (history b, English b, business b) and my predicted for A Level are all As. Do you think I will get an offer from any of these unis?

Hi there,

We're delighted that you're interested in studying International Relations at Royal Holloway, University of London.

You can find out more about our BA Politics and International Relations course here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/undergraduate/politics-and-international-relations/politics-and-international-relations/ including the entry requirements and course content.

If you have any specific questions about making an application, you may find this page helpful: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/applying/. If you have any questions about your grades as mentioned, the best thing to do would be to contact our Admissions team directly here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/applicationquery and they will respond as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
Reply 4
Original post by Sofia_ciobica27
Basically I have my As level grades and for A Level my teachers submitted my predicted grades which are based of mock exams as I will be taking A level this year in may/June.

I’m not sure if Mock Exams results are sent to universities… but those predicted grades do meet LSEs IR requirements, so your chances of getting an offer are contingent on the strength of your overall application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending