The Student Room Group

Think I'm being abused

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Also he just goes to sleep when he knows I'm upset. I genuinely think he would be upset if we weren't together because he's got so used to me taking all his crap and expecting me to do nothing as I don't want to lose him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toria25
We've been together for 3 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? I hope he's never hit you. Tell him you don't want to be with him because of it, then cut all contact. OK so you've now realised the above, unfortunately some people think that this behaviour is ok and get used to treated like **** as they think they don't deserve better. Does he use you for sex, chores? :s-smilie::frown:
Reply 22
Leave him. It won't get better.
Reply 23
Original post by Toria25
Also he just goes to sleep when he knows I'm upset. I genuinely think he would be upset if we weren't together because he's got so used to me taking all his crap and expecting me to do nothing as I don't want to lose him

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that's where your mistakes lie :smile: - you care so much about him, whilst he doesn't give a single :poo: about you. Were you born in a rubbish dump? Why do you allow yourself to be treated like that?
Reply 24
This sounds like my previous relationship. It is really hard to deal with and I completely understand how you are feeling. Trust me you need to get out of this relationship. As soon as you do you will realise you are worth more. There are plenty of other guys out there who will treat you better. You don't deserve to be treated bad. No one does x
You say you don't want to break up with him.

Why? Why would you want to stay with somebody who makes you feel this way?
Just break up with him! There are other people in this world who can treat you better, don't waste your time with somebody who doesn't care about you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toria25

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aggghhh, I could shake and slap someone so hard when they say things like this. Sorry if that was harsh, bur you're clearly not happy in the relationship, so why cling on to it? It's not going to get any better unfortunately, and yeah breaking up is gonna hurt... but at the moment you're just delaying the inevitable, the quicker you break up with him the quicker you can get over him.
Hi Toria25
Thanks for your message, what you describe is certainly abusive emotionally. It must be really difficult to cope with so I am glad you are reaching out for some support.
Do any friends or family know what has been going on?
You say you don't want to leave him, and I am wondering why not? Sometimes it's normal to think that we deserve this, or that everyone will treat us like this, or that we still love someone. But, you deserve to be treated with love and respect and I promise you not all relationships are like this.
Have a look at this site and especially the relationship checklist - http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/worried-about-abuse

Also there are lots of organisations who can offer support - http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/need-help as well as a live chat function mon-fri 5-7pm on that site if you want to talk more.
If you do choose to break up with him, it is important to do it safely and let other people know what you are doing.

Take care
Jo

Original post by Toria25
My boyfriend constantly puts me second best, shouts at me, swears at me, makes me feel worthless, ignores me, turns up late for everything, never wants to make any plans with me and I'm really fed up of it. I don't want to break up with him but when I try and talk to him he doesn't listen, he's always got more important things to do. Any suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending