The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Medicine & my predicament

Hi

Just to let you know I'm willing to apply to any University in the UK that will let me study medicine.

My GCSEs are as follow 1A* (Add Sci) 2A (Eng Lang, Core Sci) 3B (Geog, Econ & Maths)

My As levels
Biology, Chemistry, Economics & EPQ

If all goes well this year i.e A,A,A/B,B minimum grades at As levels I am willing to pick up Geography as an extra As level in the A2 year because some medical schools don't approve of 3 As levels and some don't approve of EPQ as 4th As level

I've applied to Work Experience at my local hospital and Ive been approved just waiting for dates now. I've also applied to voluntary work at a local hospice awaiting approval

I also went to an EU conference with Irish PM regarding Medicine & Technology if that helps my case in any way

A few questions that I'd want Medical students or graduates to answer preferably are:

Are my GCSEs good enough for me to even get an interview at a medical school?. My GCSEs would make me eligible for some med schools like Aberdeen, Glasgow, Dundee, Leeds, Leicester according to their websites but realisticly when over 3000 people have applied for medicine at the uni I'm sure they'd only pick the best candidates and because of my GCSEs I wouldn't even get through the 1st stage

Since I'm only doing 3As levels (excluding EPQ) would I be at disadvantage even if for arguments sake I got ABB/AAB in my 1st year at college

If one thinks I would be at disadvantage would one recommend me to pick up an extra As level during the 'rigorous' A2 year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending