The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff accommodation medicine

Daughter had a phonecall yesterday offering her a place on A100 in Sept. Absolutely delighted as she was heartbroken to not get in off the waiting list last week. She declined her biomedical science course last Fri giving up her room etc. She is now in a position where she hasn't got any accommodation. The uni said that as it wasn't through clearing she can't have accommodation through them and to look privately. Contacted Unite but they are completely forgot and we do t know where to begin looking! Can anyone advise please as this is all new to us. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Marie16!
Daughter had a phonecall yesterday offering her a place on A100 in Sept. Absolutely delighted as she was heartbroken to not get in off the waiting list last week. She declined her biomedical science course last Fri giving up her room etc. She is now in a position where she hasn't got any accommodation. The uni said that as it wasn't through clearing she can't have accommodation through them and to look privately. Contacted Unite but they are completely forgot and we do t know where to begin looking! Can anyone advise please as this is all new to us. Thanks

Hi Marie. Congrats to your daughter. Is she going to Cardiff? I saw a room In Crown Place Cardiff being advertised on here yesterday. I will see if I can find a link. My daughter is going to be staying there and it looks lovely.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
IMG_9984.png
Reply 3
Original post by Finmo12
Hi Marie. Congrats to your daughter. Is she going to Cardiff? I saw a room In Crown Place Cardiff being advertised on here yesterday. I will see if I can find a link. My daughter is going to be staying there and it looks lovely.

Thanks so much for replying we actually managed to secure a room in Cambrien Point thankfully. Relieved we managed to find somewhere and not too far away. Good luck to your daughter.
Original post by Marie16!
Thanks so much for replying we actually managed to secure a room in Cambrien Point thankfully. Relieved we managed to find somewhere and not too far away. Good luck to your daughter.

Hi, I am in the same predicament as your daughter as I was offered on the reserves for dentistry. I was wondering how did manage to find it.
Reply 5
Original post by MsBobatea123
Hi, I am in the same predicament as your daughter as I was offered on the reserves for dentistry. I was wondering how did manage to find it.

We were on the waiting list with unite but rang up the individual accommodations and asked them. They too seem to have waiting lists of their own. I think we just got lucky! That's great news re your daughter it's such a rollercoaster being on a reserve list!
(edited 7 months ago)
Thank you very much :smile:, we tried to do the same thing here, but still no good news. So we will keep on persisting. It is definitely a rollercoaster indeed but at least the university place has been confirmed now.
Reply 7
Good luck with the course...being on a reserve list was so hard as there was always a glimmer of hope after the initial.upset of rejections! Congratulations to getting onto dentistry!
Original post by MsBobatea123
Thank you very much :smile:, we tried to do the same thing here, but still no good news. So we will keep on persisting. It is definitely a rollercoaster indeed but at least the university place has been confirmed now.

Hi there

Current Cardiff uni student here!

Have you managed to find accommodation? If you can't find anything through private accommodation providers, it's worth checking Cardiff student Facebook groups for student flats with a spare room. Good options include Cardiff Students House Hunters or Overheard at Cardiff University. For this, I would just advise you to do your due diligence, triple-check the contract and quality of the house/ flat and try to have multiple calls with the other tenants and meet them if possible.

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending