The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mix97
Did you use all 8 adjustments and IS was definitely 38 something

I did but I got 37770 for the income statement. What did you get for the balance sheet?
Reply 181
Original post by AmyBabee17
I did but I got 37770 for the income statement. What did you get for the balance sheet?

Balanced at 58100 how about you

I got that for the income statement!
There was one thing on the balance sheet that most people didn't get
It was the non current liabilities which was a bank loan of 6000 but it said HALF is to be paid in the next year and the rest at a later date so is it that half is a current liability and half is a non current liability??
My balance sheet didn't balance though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DC FaNaTiC

That's the same as what I got but what did you get for the balance sheet? I got the top part to 60 thousand and something and the capital to 58thousand and something. I think I didn't adjust my debtors but it still didn't equal the capital section.
Reply 184
That's the same as what I got but what did you get for the balance sheet? I got the top part to 60 thousand and something and the capital to 58thousand and something. I think I didn't adjust my debtors but it still didn't equal the capital section.

Something made the cash into a bank overdraft did you get that?
Original post by judging
It was the non current liabilities which was a bank loan of 6000 but it said HALF is to be paid in the next year and the rest at a later date so is it that half is a current liability and half is a non current liability??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was 3000 as current liability and 3000 for non current liability. I got the capital to 58 thousand and something which I think was what it was supposed to balance at and 60thousand and something for the top part but I think my trade receivables were wrong but when I corrected it they still didn't balance
Reply 186
Original post by judging

Posted from TSR Mobile

This has no effect on the balancing just means half in CL and half in NCL
Original post by mix97

I didn't see anything to make it into an overdraft. Oh I've just realized there were drawings which you deduct from the cash which made a minus..
Reply 188
I didn't see anything to make it into an overdraft. Oh I've just realized there were drawings which you deduct from the cash which made a minus..

That's why yours didn't balance then! Have you got the paper?
Original post by mix97
Balanced at 58100 how about you

I got the 58100 for the capital but 60 thousand for the top part. I think if I had adjusted the cash and took away the drawings to get a bank overdraft then I may have been correct.
Original post by mix97
That's why yours didn't balance then! Have you got the paper?

No I haven't I just remembered there were drawings. Hopefully someone releases unofficial mark scheme or even the questions.
Original post by mix97
This has no effect on the balancing just means half in CL and half in NCL

But net assets = non current assets + net current assets - non current liabilities so if you put 6000 in NCL you would've got the wrong net assets figure so it wont balance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Net profit was £37,770 and balance sheet balanced at £58,100
Reply 193
No I haven't I just remembered there were drawings. Hopefully someone releases unofficial mark scheme or even the questions.

Did you use all 8 adjustments on purchases control account?
Reply 194
Original post by judging
But net assets = non current assets + net current assets - non current liabilities so if you put 6000 in NCL you would've got the wrong net assets figure so it wont balance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I minused the 3000 long term to make it balance
Original post by judging

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had to do 3000 as current liability and 3000 as non current liability
Original post by judging

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, ok it would still balance because you are taking £6000 away from assets whatever way you did it, did you remember there was a bank overdraft of just over £3000 because you had to take £4500 out of the bank
Reply 197
Original post by mix97

Yeh I did 1390 (cash in bank )- 4500 ( drawing )= 3110 (bank overdraft)
Mine still didnt balance
but I did get profit for year as 37thousand something.

and the question about the errors shown by the trial balance was it errors shown by the trial balance or the errors not showns by the trial balance.
if it is shown by the balance I think I lost 8 marks.
what about the bank overdraft?
Original post by DavidCastelli
No, ok it would still balance because you are taking £6000 away from assets whatever way you did it, did you remember there was a bank overdraft of just over £3000 because you had to take £4500 out of the bank

I got bank OD to be 3110

Latest

Trending

Trending