The Student Room Group

Help needed - long residency

Hi,
I’m a first year student, I applied for student finance in august last year, and am currently awaiting my loan. I have been asked to provide long residency evidence from august 2014 - august 2023, where I was a minor at the time therefore the letters I can send are already limited. I sent a batch of evidence with everything in it, school letters, certificates and homeoffice letters too. A month goes by, I don’t receive my evidence back, but am asked to provide proof of residence between 2014-2016, I sent as many home office letters as I could, but had to state that I didn’t have many 2016 letters since they were in the old batch of evidence that I had already sent. I got an email this morning again asking me to provide evidence from 2014-2023, which I am out of evidence for now since all of it has already been sent to student finance. At the time of my application I had leave to remain status, I was declared a British citizen in January of this year, and had my ceremony. I had my certificate of naturalisation and applied for my British passport 2 weeks ago. Can someone on the student finance team please advise me. I’m terrified that I won’t be able to pay for my university fees even though I am eligible for it.
Thanks
Reply 1
just to add - can I write a letter to student finance giving permission to ask the home office directly? Since I am basically out of evidence. Thanks again
Thread moved to the Ask SFE forum. :smile:
Original post by adriangouni
Hi,
I’m a first year student, I applied for student finance in august last year, and am currently awaiting my loan. I have been asked to provide long residency evidence from august 2014 - august 2023, where I was a minor at the time therefore the letters I can send are already limited. I sent a batch of evidence with everything in it, school letters, certificates and homeoffice letters too. A month goes by, I don’t receive my evidence back, but am asked to provide proof of residence between 2014-2016, I sent as many home office letters as I could, but had to state that I didn’t have many 2016 letters since they were in the old batch of evidence that I had already sent. I got an email this morning again asking me to provide evidence from 2014-2023, which I am out of evidence for now since all of it has already been sent to student finance. At the time of my application I had leave to remain status, I was declared a British citizen in January of this year, and had my ceremony. I had my certificate of naturalisation and applied for my British passport 2 weeks ago. Can someone on the student finance team please advise me. I’m terrified that I won’t be able to pay for my university fees even though I am eligible for it.
Thanks
Hi there,

Have you uploaded your certificate of naturalisation to us yet?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Have you uploaded your certificate of naturalisation to us yet?

Thanks, Graeme
Hi, I do not have it anymore as I have sent it to the homeoffice for my passport application.
Hi adriangouni,

Do you know if the long residency evidence you sent to us previously has been reviewed?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi adriangouni,

Do you know if the long residency evidence you sent to us previously has been reviewed?

Thanks,
Calum
Hi,
I'm guessing so, I keep getting an email after I submitted my evidence asking for the same evidence which I assume means that the sent evidence was not sufficient. I also sent a batch of evidence yesterday after contacting the 2 primary schools I was in during 2014-2016 (The dates I was asked for) and they provided 2 letters stating my attended to and from dates. I also wrote a cover letter stating that if the evidence does not suffice, then I give permission for student finance to directly contact the home office and ask for my status, leaving my signature and the date on the letter too.
Original post by adriangouni
Hi,
I'm guessing so, I keep getting an email after I submitted my evidence asking for the same evidence which I assume means that the sent evidence was not sufficient. I also sent a batch of evidence yesterday after contacting the 2 primary schools I was in during 2014-2016 (The dates I was asked for) and they provided 2 letters stating my attended to and from dates. I also wrote a cover letter stating that if the evidence does not suffice, then I give permission for student finance to directly contact the home office and ask for my status, leaving my signature and the date on the letter too.
Hi there, So we can look into the evidence requests further we do need access to your account. Please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday or by calling us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending