The Student Room Group

Accounting a level help

About to go into yr13 and am really anxious about my a level accounting AQA in particular. I’m predicted B and would be happy with that but I feel like it is so much content does anyone have any tips or advice it would be greatly appreciated! 🥲
Any advice on a level history OCR would be a great help too!!
Original post by Em15123
About to go into yr13 and am really anxious about my a level accounting AQA in particular. I’m predicted B and would be happy with that but I feel like it is so much content does anyone have any tips or advice it would be greatly appreciated! 🥲
Any advice on a level history OCR would be a great help too!!

I have done 1st year of A level accounting AQA and have been mainly getting A*. I didn't find it hard honestly. For me, it was just revising from the course notes which my college gave me and also from a book which you might find in your school library or u might even have (book has a green lizard on its cover page).

1 thing is the consistency. You need to constantly keep on doing accounting every other day. Even if you dont do it for a week, you will forget a lot!

Anyways, I would just keep on revising and mainly try doing some harder questions because I have seen that the question difficulty can vary significantly.

You don't need to be anxious as you are putting your efforts in and if you continue that you are likely to end with an A/B based upon your predicted grades.
Hi Em15123

I have just finished my undergrad degree in accounting and can understand what you mean by it is hard to keep on top of content.

I would say to make blank templates of any formulas and layouts. This will mean that you can keep on coming back to the templates when you have a new question. This is what i have done to get through my uni course. Best advise i can give is to keep practising questions on a weekly basis as this will allow for the formulas to be remembered for the exam days.

Don't feel like you need to remember it all from day one as u will really struggle with that. It will take practice and a lot of hard work to succeed but will be all worth it in the end.

Feel free to ask any more questions and i will answer them the best i can do.

Good luck
Emma
3rd year Accounting student
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your advice I’m going into yr 13 tomorrow and am still very scared but thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest