The Student Room Group

Camp America costs?

I've been looking into doing Camp America next summer (2015) before I move to uni. I was wondering from anyone else that's gone to camp using Camp America, how much it all cost in total? I've read through the Camp America website and terms and conditions and it says it should cost around £790 in total but I've been reading other peoples posts and they've said it's worth it but you should expect to pay much more but haven't specified how much more. Could any one give me more info on the total costs please? Thanks ☺️
Reply 1
I thought Camp America was a non - profit organization IIRC.

It would be a good opportunity if you had the £790 in advance, whereabouts in America are you thinking of working?
Reply 2
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
I thought Camp America was a non - profit organization IIRC.

It would be a good opportunity if you had the £790 in advance, whereabouts in America are you thinking of working?

I think they are but they work as an agent sort of thing, so you pay them then they sort your flights, visa etc... I'm thinking of going central or west coast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Oh right I see. Ah cool, I used to live in Kansas and Arizona. They're both great imo. But California is nice too. Do you have any state where you would prefer to work :smile:
Reply 4
Oh right I see. Ah cool, I used to live in Kansas and Arizona. They're both great imo. But California is nice too. Do you have any state where you would prefer to work :smile:

Ah that's so cool! I'm thinking maybe California but I don't really mind where I'm placed to be honest, I've been to the east coast a few times and I'm going back later this year so that's why I'm leaning towards west :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks!

Oh right yeah. America is huge though. Its as big as Europe.

Right I see, do you want to study or at an American college, or are you just looking for experience :wink:
Reply 6
here's a link to a camp america page which breaks down what you pay.

http://www.campamerica.co.uk/what-you-pay-first-timers/what-you-pay/6
Reply 7
Thanks!

Oh right yeah. America is huge though. Its as big as Europe.

Right I see, do you want to study or at an American college, or are you just looking for experience :wink:

-------

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by danniibee
here's a link to a camp america page which breaks down what you pay.

http://www.campamerica.co.uk/what-you-pay-first-timers/what-you-pay/6

I've read through this already, it's just that people have said it ends up costing more so I was wondering how much others have ended up paying in total. Thanks so much for your help though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there :smile:

The way it can cost more is if your doctor will charge you for filling out a medical form (thankfully my doctor does it for free!) and any travel costs you might incur getting to your interview! Other than that you don't pay anything else.

You break even in your first year re the pay you earn and what you have to pay to Camp America :smile: Any subsequent years you get more pay and make profit :smile: But if you're going for the earnings you're going for the wrong reasons :P
Reply 10
Original post by rossmcg115

The way it can cost more is if your doctor will charge you for filling out a medical form (thankfully my doctor does it for free!) and any travel costs you might incur getting to your interview! Other than that you don't pay anything else.

You break even in your first year re the pay you earn and what you have to pay to Camp America :smile: Any subsequent years you get more pay and make profit :smile: But if you're going for the earnings you're going for the wrong reasons :P

Oh okay thank you, I don't mind how much I pay😀 I just want to know how much I'll end up paying in total before so I don't get any hidden surprises hahaha 😀 thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rossmcg115

how do yeh break even:?

Quick Reply

Latest