The Student Room Group

Camp Canada after A levels?

Hi there - I'm looking to work at a summer camp in Canada after my A levels in 2024.

I was initially looking at Camp America but the dates don't line up with my provisional exam timetable (I think my last one is on the 21st and camp America says the latest date you can put is the 20th and all the camps seem to begin at the start or in the middle of June - Camp Canada seems to have later start dates and still looks amazing)

In terms of the company used to apply for these camps, I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations? The main camp Canada website says you need to be 19, but the Nyquest and Smallerearth websites say you can be 18 - I've made an account and it doesn't seem to be an issue yet but I don't know if I won't be able to get a placement because of this.

Does anyone have any advice on companies to apply with, particularly as an 18yo? And anyone who has done Camp Canada, do you recommend it?

Or has anyone managed to do Camp America whilst only being able to fly out late June?

Thank you so much!
Reply 1
Have you thought about phoning them? Might be quicker to find out age restrictions, dates etc. Late June does sound very late though. These sites will give you more ideas for things to do:
Seasonal jobs in Canada
Gap year in Canada
Reply 2
I'm a little late, but I'm also planning on going to a summer camp next year. I'm going with Wildpacks because they said they will be able to accomodate me if I get onto the programme early (september/october) :smile:
Reply 3
That’s really helpful thank you - I’ll check them out! What was the latest date they could accommodate? And did they have any other criteria that you had to meet?
Camp Canada said that if I wanted to do it at 18 I have to be an expert in at least 2 quite obscure sports from a specific list…
Reply 4
Original post by ellarobo
That’s really helpful thank you - I’ll check them out! What was the latest date they could accommodate? And did they have any other criteria that you had to meet?
Camp Canada said that if I wanted to do it at 18 I have to be an expert in at least 2 quite obscure sports from a specific list…

I'm not sure, they just said they would be able to accomodate me if I got onto the programme early; the only issue was that I could likely not work in watersports/lifeguarding due to the fact that their training takes longer and I would be joining too late. So, I'd say you could join in no problem as a general cabin councilor. I'd give them an email at the start of September and see what they can do for you! The main reason I had looked into Wildpacks was because they accommodate friends, unlike the bigger companies. Maybe we will be placed in the same camp! Wildpacks only works with American camps, so if you're set on going to Canada, you'd be out of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest