The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by WildeAboutOscar
Is this a compliment or a hint I should have put it in a spoiler? If the latter I'll glad go back and change it :frown:

Spoiler

No need for a spoiler :smile: It was kinda a compliment!
Original post by Meaty_man

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks
Ended up in a club. I'm wearing a jumper with sharks on it . Not really dressed for the occasion :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jumper with sharks on is appropriate for any occasion!
i think i could cry forever. one of those weepy distressed pathetic stages where everything seems so fragile and pointless. residence life team came over twice last night because they were so concerned. finally get to sleep at 6am only to be woken by someone banging on the door at 11 to check i was still alive. i was half asleep but she was nice and said i can contact them if i need something but i just feel so devastated
Reply 3984
Original post by superwolf
:ninja: Of course not. :ninja:

Silly luno, you're way too lovely not to be my friend. :hugs:

I'm more or less good, been struggling to find motivation to do stuff recently, but my mood's been decent. :smile: Baked a cake the other day (bara brith) - but the problem with that was it was too tasty to live, so I had to put it out of its misery slice by slice. :sadnod:

Yep! :biggrin: Graduated in December with a 2:1! :jive:

What're you doing with your self these days?

I'm not lovely at all... I don't post enough for people to have an opinion of me! I think I find when I feel worse or overwhelmed, I just have no idea what to say and I'm completely devoid of any personality so I end up not posting much :s-smilie:.

That's good! Struggling with motivation too atm but I'm eventually getting my work and stuff done. I had to Google it but bara brith sounds nice! Ah well it lived a useful life :tongue:.

Congratulations :top:! I'm sorry I missed that on here :getmecoat:. How are you finding life after university? Did you/ are you going to your graduation? I don't want to go to mine but then I think I'll regret it if I don't :erm:.

I'm not doing much expect university and my school placement. I think I pushed myself too much in semester one - on top of having more modules and timetabled hours which meant two exams and three essays, I got a job, volunteered to take part in two translation projects, work placement at two schools and applying for teacher training. Looking back it was a lot but it meant I was distracted a lot of the time and also felt productive. So this semester was a bit more relaxing at the start but the work piled up again... you'd think having more free time is good but it doesn't help motivation because I know I can do it another time, if that makes sense.

Original post by IDukem
Cheers m'love, the same applies to you as well :smile: I went about two weeks without posting and actually enjoyed it haha, but I came back to briefly chat before I go on hiatus again when life starts getting busier again aka, Monday morning till whenever :smile:

Kinda, I want to do some secondary school volunteering next year so i get the bets of both worlds so I don't make a rash decision. I do like Primary school a lot though :biggrin: Hahaaaa I bet it sucks!! I'm sure you'll figure it out though and form my angle, it looks like you prefer secondary school slightly over primary...but then again, i'm not you :tongue:

I saw you posting on here a couple times then disappearing :tongue:.

That's good! You're a lot more organised than I am - I applied for secondary teaching and I had only just started my school placement a couple weeks earlier! If you do apply, which year will you be applying?

What makes you think I prefer primary over secondary?! In one of my secondary interviews, the interviewer implied how she thinks I'd do very well at primary - nice comment but not something you want to hear for secondary teaching!

I've read about people switching from secondary to primary so I know that is always an option which makes me less worried!

:jumphug:

Original post by Oli-Ol
Hi :biggrin:. I'll be studying French and Italian. I'd like to learn Spanish and Norwegian as well but I think they'll have to wait until I graduate otherwise I'll get even more confused! Which languages do you study/speak? We linguists are a dying breed!

Oo why Norwegian? I'm studying French and Spanish!

Original post by tasha96
Got half my volunteering sorted out. :woo: Two days a week in an old folks lunch club. :biggrin: (I loved my work experiance placement in an old folks home) to go with the rainbows on a Tuesday, and first aid at the weekends. :smile: And if I cope okay with that, then I plan on filling the other days with work in a charity shop if I can find a place! Things looking up! :biggrin:

That's great!

Original post by Oli-Ol
My Mum's a teacher and the only thing she's ever said about careers is never to teach!

A lot of teachers say that! Why does your Mum say never to teach... I'm going secondary teacher training in September (although I'm also interested in primary) :erm: :eek: !?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by luno
I'm not lovely at all... I don't post enough for people to have an opinion of me! I think I find when I feel worse or overwhelmed, I just have no idea what to say and I'm completely devoid of any personality so I end up not posting much :s-smilie:.

You are most definitely lovely luno :jumphug:

Original post by Oli-Ol
Me too! We eat it at least once a day here and I still haven't got bored of it. I feel really cooped up if I can't go out and about. Long walks in the sun and then ballet classes in the evening are perfect for me. :smile: in England I live in a city but right on the outskirts so it's easy to get away from the buildings.

Maths?! *shudders* I loved it at A level but can't imagine doing it at university! Revision plans are good because you still feel like you're being productive even though you're not actually doing any work. Ooh you live near the coast? Is it swimmable or is the sea too rough? Swimming sounds like a really good idea. Your GP sounds like s/he knows what they're talking about. Or am I jumping to conclusions?

Well the whole point of being here was to learn Italian and nobody here speaks English so I didn't really have a choice. :P Durham is beautiful. The first time I saw it I felt like I'd come home. Which college is your friend at? Yep- I applied last year and deferred my entry because I was really struggling when it came to my A2 exams and I thought a year off would be better than jumping straight into the stress of university. It was a good decision. :smile:

Sorry for taking ages to reply :eek:
Lucky! :biggrin: I'm guessing they cook for you? or do you ever have to cook if parents are away and such?
Outskirts is good :smile: I'd hate to live in the centre of a city! (Unless it's a small pretty city like durham :tongue:)

Well I loved it at A level too :tongue: I'm not sure how much I'm enjoying it at uni yet, thought I really liked it, but getting more worried about it. I can't imagine doing anything else though!
So far I've managed to avoid revision plans, too, still :lol:
I do! Well we just moved here recently, so only actually lived here myself for 2 weeks! I haven't tried swimming yet :tongue: Some of it's rough and some of it is quite sheltered? I shan't be trying until the summer though :biggrin:
I think they do? When I went last I was in quite a good patch so there wasn't much they seemed to be able to suggest? :dontknow: Counsellor's both good and also seems to go on tangents that I don't want to interrupt and say "that's a stupid theory". Helps a lot just going/talking about stuff, though :smile:

Haha! Well I'm sure you must've improved lots :smile: Did you study it at A-level? Or first time italian-ing?
Felt similarly, yeah! Ended up being my insurance choice, and a bit disappointed to not be there it was so nice! I don't actually know... I think Collingwood, possibly?
Are you resitting anything this year then? Or did everything go smoothly in the end? Good :smile:
Reply 3986
Urgh. Left my work until last minute again and it's really nice and sunny outside and I really don't want to do my work but if I don't I'll be marked really harshly because I didn't hand it in. But getting motivated is so hard :s-smilie:
Original post by Sarah'
Urgh. Left my work until last minute again and it's really nice and sunny outside and I really don't want to do my work but if I don't I'll be marked really harshly because I didn't hand it in. But getting motivated is so hard :s-smilie:

What sort of work is it/ how good is your internet connection (i.e can you still pick up the wifi outside?)
Urg, CV written. :sigh: It's so cheesy and cringy and awful. :frown: I hate wring about myself. :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
i think i could cry forever. one of those weepy distressed pathetic stages where everything seems so fragile and pointless. residence life team came over twice last night because they were so concerned. finally get to sleep at 6am only to be woken by someone banging on the door at 11 to check i was still alive. i was half asleep but she was nice and said i can contact them if i need something but i just feel so devastated

So relieved you're safe lovely. :hugs:
Reply 3990
Original post by .snowflake.
What sort of work is it/ how good is your internet connection (i.e can you still pick up the wifi outside?)

It's a psychology lab report :s-smilie:. Nope, my wifi is awful. Just gotta sit inside and do it - then at least that way I can have a chilled out evening and just watch some TV or something
Sorted out stuff for my 18th - lots to look forward to at least :redface:
Reply 3992
Original post by bubble999
Sorted out stuff for my 18th - lots to look forward to at least :redface:

Thats really good :smile:

-////////////-/////////////-
Went to the mother inlaws for lunch which was nice, and went on a bit of a walk with her, but it just makes me miss my mum so much, and that makes me feel selfish :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Thats really good :smile:

-////////////-/////////////-
Went to the mother inlaws for lunch which was nice, and went on a bit of a walk with her, but it just makes me miss my mum so much, and that makes me feel selfish :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by bubble999

Spoiler

I empathise.

A glass to the departed.
Original post by tasha96
Urg, CV written. :sigh: It's so cheesy and cringy and awful. :frown: I hate wring about myself. :frown:

They always are, don't worry.
Reply 3996
Lowest point
Original post by tasha96

My PS was pretty awful, made me sound like I had no friends. TLG's personal statement for Music was equally cringey. But we must've done something right with them...
Reply 3998
Hi friends :smile:
Original post by tasha96
So relieved you're safe lovely. :hugs:

Thanks for last night lovely. I appreciate you so much. Your text was just lovely, too. Hope you are okay and we can talk properly soon :lovehug:

Latest