This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XII

Scroll to see replies

cant wait for today to be over :sigh:
Reply 1381
uhohhhhhh
all of a sudden come over so not safe :afraid:
Ummm ok I officially hate anxiety. Normal people expecting a phone call can cope. I am dreading it and since I have been waiting for it ALL evening I can concentrate on anything else. People don't realise how hard it is!

Girlie shizz! Don't read.

Spoiler

Original post by senz72
Thank you so much for the drug talk. More recently, I've swayed towards the idea of drugs in an attempt to relax a bit but I guess it's just not a good idea.

Thank you. :smile:

I'm glad to know it helped :smile: Take it from me when more natural means can be just as effective at helping you relax, if not more so, without all the risks :tongue:

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Really struggling today - had too much time to let my mind wander. All I want to do is drive trucks and travel but I somehow feel it's not realistic. I've come to the conclusion that I hate myself and always will, and hate a rather philosophical thought of why was I born to be me, why am I not someone else, and why isn't someone else controlling my conscience - they'd probably do a better job at being me anyway. I'm rambling on cause I can't even get my thoughts straight. Feeling better than yesterday at least - there is a hint of a light compared to yesterday which was complete darkness.

I wrote a list of the symptoms. I wrote only the ones that have existed for more than 2-3 weeks, and that I have experienced within the past 6 months, although most have existed and continue to exist for the past 9 months now. It's been non-stop, and I don't even know what caused it.

Its very easy to think about stuff too much and be overwhelmed by everything, especially when you have a lot of time to think. I believe one of the reasons that many people choose to follow a religion is because they want to believe they are more than just a piece of meat. Personally i'm fine being a sack of meat if i can just enjoy myself, what else matters if you're happy?

With regards to you wanting to travel, i think it's more do-able now than it's ever been. A lot of people seem to work a job for a while, save up money and then travel for a year or so. Sometimes they actually get a job or two while traveling to make ends meet, which can work too. Personally i'm not big on traveling, but a lot of people are and there is a big community around it i believe. So believe! :smile: :hugs:
Suddenly feeling worse :frown: Why does this happen after the doctors? Think it's partly because I'm a bit scared of seeing the people I saw at the doctor's/anyone on the corridor right now. It's probably mostly that :s-smilie: Also got this work to do and I'm not getting anywhere and I haven't even started the harder homework yet, all in for tomorrow.
Original post by WildeAboutOscar
Ummm ok I officially hate anxiety. Normal people expecting a phone call can cope. I am dreading it and since I have been waiting for it ALL evening I can concentrate on anything else. People don't realise how hard it is!

Girlie shizz! Don't read.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've posted here before, but I'm going to post anonymously from now on (even though I hardly ever posted before, so most of you don't know me anyway). I'm going through such a hard time atm, my depression and paranoia is getting worse and worse. :frown:

My closest family are getting ill and many people have died from them.
I did not get into university this year, so I feel like the ultimate failure while everyone else around me are all excited about going, celebrating etc.
I'm very lonely here, I have no close friends so while everyone else is out and having fun, I'm always on my own and utterly miserable.
My gf left me a couple of days ago because my depression took a toll on her, and I said stuff I didn't mean to when I was feeling very down.
She ended it by ignoring me completely for days and days, increasing my anxiety and worry. And then when I finally begged for her to come back when I was very down, she ended it by text in a very angry tone at me, so I feel more useless than ever. I miss her more than anything regardless. One day, we were talking fine and things seemed to be better than ever, something which she acknowledged too. But the next day, she was completely ignoring me and then finally, said "Goodbye" to me and that was that. I want us to start talking again, we talked every single day and now things are suddenly so bleak and I am on my own. I know she'll be telling all her friends how horrible I am too, who will be helping her to cope, and that's just upsetting me more. :frown:

I have exams coming up soon, and they're only increasing my stress. With everything else on my mind, I just simply can't concentrate on them now, so I fear I'll do badly on them. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

My problems aren't nearly as bad as what other's on here have to go through, I don't think. But they've taken a huge toll on me, I am a very sensitive person. :frown:
Reply 1387
trying so so hard not to end up in a ball in the corner of the living room :cry2:
Reply 1388
Original post by senz72

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

:hugs:

Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks

I'm good; just had my first night out in months and I'm buzzing, went to a club and danced and I was out with one of my really good friends so it was good, though slightly awkward as people assumed he was my boyfriend (it was flattering though, he's very good looking :wink:)
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing :woo: :biggrin:. I really want to go clubbing and have fun, I can't believe I still haven't been once even though I've been at uni for almost 6 months. And I wish people thought I had a girlfriend :tongue: :ninja:

senz72
Oh :frown: :console: sore throats are the worst, and ulcers :s

Uh oh then... :tongue: I've always shaved with an electric trimmer/shaver, but now it's too long for that without it hurting massively - and I've never wet shaved :tongue: What do I do?! :lol:
Have the biggest neckbeard... :/

Yeah :sad: It seems better today though :smile:

Yeah it is probably too long. I shaved with an electric shaver for like 3-4 years, started off with a dry shave but started to do a wet shave. Switched to a razor a couple of months ago because electric was causing irritation for some reason.
Reply 1389
Even if I don't post I thought I should sub...71 pages in.
Original post by avhhs

Yeah :sad: It seems better today though :smile:

Yeah it is probably too long. I shaved with an electric shaver for like 3-4 years, started off with a dry shave but started to do a wet shave. Switched to a razor a couple of months ago because electric was causing irritation for some reason.

:woo: Did you make pancakes yesterday? :teeth: :tongue: Found out I had the ingredients already on the day :colondollar:

I get irritation with electric, too :s-smilie: Don't know why - neck just went red. I guess I probably always left it too long (like now :lol:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting ages for people just to leave for the club, then can go make some pancakes or something :s-smilie:
Getting nowhere with this work :frown: Didn't expect to be feeling like this. Though that said it's mostly me not organising to do this sooner/yesterday when I actually felt okay.
Original post by Deyesy
Even if I don't post I thought I should sub...71 pages in.

:woo: It's gone quite quickly :eek:

--------------------------------------------

They've finally gone out, can't be bothered to cook something so just took box of cereal back to my room. It's stale :/
Not sure what to do about work. Might just write up the one I could vaguely do. Then get some sleep.

Edit: Apparently I'm just going to cry loudly under my duvet :s-smilie: :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
I can hear one of my flatmates loudly (passive aggressively) tidying the kitchen, and I'm feeling guilty even though I know it wasn't my mess and I'd told myself I wouldn't give in and do it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1393
Original post by Odd socks
I can hear one of my flatmates loudly (passive aggressively) tidying the kitchen, and I'm feeling guilty even though I know it wasn't my mess and I'd told myself I wouldn't give in and do it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye don't worry about it, if it's not your mess, then it's kind of okay. :smile:

And it seems like you've cleaned up after others before so I guess it's now their time to do it?
Reply 1394
:woo: It's gone quite quickly :eek:

--------------------------------------------

They've finally gone out, can't be bothered to cook something so just took box of cereal back to my room. It's stale :/
Not sure what to do about work. Might just write up the one I could vaguely do. Then get some sleep.

Edit: Apparently I'm just going to cry loudly under my duvet :s-smilie: :frown:

Oh no, why's that?
Original post by senz72
Oh no, why's that?

Just had a really good fairly depression-y-free week, and this evening just gone downhill again :frown: No particular reason, just lots of work I can't seem to do, and stressed about corridor-people because I lied to them about going to the doctors, and then they were going too so saw me there. I don't know :s-smilie: Plus just generally everything else. And everyone taking ages to go out clubbing - having to wait for that before being able to cry/make noise/get food. Sorry :s-smilie: Just feeling awful, and I'd had a hope I was better or something, I don't know why :s It makes sense why I've slipped again - my room's a mess again and I haven't eaten properly the last few days, and I've put off work :frown:
ramblerambleramble :s-smilie:
Just sitting here and a huge wave of sadness hit me.

My cat isn't making me feel better, nor music or food.

I just saw probably one of the most ignorant posts about people with mental health conditions, I keep typing a response and then deleting it because I can't get it right, which is adding annoyance to the sadness.
Reply 1397
Just had a really good fairly depression-y-free week, and this evening just gone downhill again :frown: No particular reason, just lots of work I can't seem to do, and stressed about corridor-people because I lied to them about going to the doctors, and then they were going too so saw me there. I don't know :s-smilie: Plus just generally everything else. And everyone taking ages to go out clubbing - having to wait for that before being able to cry/make noise/get food. Sorry :s-smilie: Just feeling awful, and I'd had a hope I was better or something, I don't know why :s It makes sense why I've slipped again - my room's a mess again and I haven't eaten properly the last few days, and I've put off work :frown:
ramblerambleramble :s-smilie:

It's good to ramble, don't worry about it. :smile: No need to apologise.
Make sure you do eat, otherwise it'll just make you feel weaker.

Why did you have to lie to them to see a doctor? Was it a specific doctor associated with what's going in life?
Yeah, it seems like everything at this very moment seems to suck. :frown:

Maybe try to hone/home in what's made you particularly happy over the past few days and trying to repeat it to see if your mood changes.

I suggest some sleep too. Sorry, I'm just no good at advice. I've got good ears but most of the words that come out of my mouth are garbage.
Original post by senz72
It's good to ramble, don't worry about it. :smile: No need to apologise.
Make sure you do eat, otherwise it'll just make you feel weaker.

Why did you have to lie to them to see a doctor? Was it a specific doctor associated with what's going in life?
Yeah, it seems like everything at this very moment seems to suck. :frown:

Maybe try to hone/home in what's made you particularly happy over the past few days and trying to repeat it to see if your mood changes.

I suggest some sleep too. Sorry, I'm just no good at advice. I've got good ears but most of the words that come out of my mouth are garbage.

I had some stale cereal, should probably go to tesco tomorrow though and buy some chicken or something - what I did last time.

I didn't want them knowing I was going to the doctor's in case they asked about it :s-smilie: Had booked for about this/MH

I know exactly what I didn't do the last few days that I had done last week, just so irritating :frown: Thanks though :redface:

Yes, probably :sadnod: Going to get a bit of this work done, then maybe aim for bed at half 2. No, not at all! Thank you lots for replying and advising - means a lot :yep: :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Just sitting here and a huge wave of sadness hit me.

My cat isn't making me feel better, nor music or food.

I just saw probably one of the most ignorant posts about people with mental health conditions, I keep typing a response and then deleting it because I can't get it right, which is adding annoyance to the sadness.

You know it's bad when even the cat doesn't help! :s-smilie: :h:ugs: hope you feel better after getting some sleep.
Oh the ignorance of some people. I can kinda understand when they've obviously had no experience or knowledge of it and are just accidentally being stupid. Appart from anything else it's really easy to just explain it and they're usually open to the thought that you know more than them. It's when they think they know it all despite never experiencing it.
I went out with a guy for a very short time who was saying how it's all just an act etc AFTER I told him I have depression. He even claimed to have anxiety, which was obviously bs. Ended it swiftly after that cos he was not willing to back down and accept that he'd said something really stupid.

Anyway sorry for the rant. Hope other people call them out on their stupid comment. TRY not to take it too personally. I know it's not that easy. I'm guilty of shouting at the TV loads when stuff about mh is said. But stupid people are going to be stupid and there isn't much you can do about it. Tell them they're wrong, but it's not worth getting into a massive debate over if it comes to that.

More hugs just cos I can :jumphug: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest