The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ploughman's wedge. Enough said.
Reply 21
I want a bacon sandwich now.
clyn
Take one loaf of crusty white bread, ideally still warm and wafting "mmm, fresh baked" smell everywhere.
Cut off two slices, spread with flora/bertolli spread, and add a squidge of Heinz tomato sauce.
Yum.

Alternatively, two medium pre-sliced slices, lettuce, spread, a slice of processed cheese and some tomoto sauce, if you want.

Any other suggestions?

No bloody mayonnaise.

Your idea of a perfect sandwich is a slice of bread with butter and ketchup?

Well, you're certainly easy to please...
I quite like the idea of roasted vegetables with goats cheese and malty bread.
Reply 24
Fried halloumi with chilli and lemon dressing and rocket leaves in pitta bread is a good one. Best shop-bought sandwich is possibly the brie, tomato and basil baguette from Pret.
onion bagel
avocado (lots of it)
hummus
"cheese" whether real or soy
lettace
tomato
wildelectricity
Fried halloumi with chilli and lemon dressing and rocket leaves in pitta bread is a good one. Best shop-bought sandwich is possibly the brie, tomato and basil baguette from Pret.

I love halloumi- it is my fave cheese. I tend to have it grilled with spinach though. I will definitely have to try it in a sandwich.
Reply 27
oooh, bacon sandwich made with thin crsipy bacon, paoched egg yolk, pepper, ketchup and mayo on toast. *drools*

Or chicken with stuffing and gravy sandiwches.
Reply 28
winnie the poo
Peanut butter and jelly.......

Peanut butter and jam on toast (BROWN!!!)... heaven

As for the perfect sandwhich.... that's easy - Bacon! Anyway you do it, awesome :biggrin:
Reply 29
friendsfreak88
I love halloumi- it is my fave cheese. I tend to have it grilled with spinach though. I will definitely have to try it in a sandwich.
Mm halloumi - I used to work in a greek restaurant and they would deep fry the cheese and then put slices of hot sausage in the middle and then eat :coma:
Reply 30
Oooooh!
*Wonders if this is a ploy to win £10000 in that Hellman's comp* :p: But anyways for me it's have to be simple cheese and red onion, smelly but goood.
loradora68
*Wonders if this is a ploy to win £10000 in that Hellman's comp* :p: But anyways for me it's have to be simple cheese and red onion, smelly but goood.

my favourite is a blt, with slighty burnt bacon, shredded iceberg lettuce, and thin slices of vine tomatoes. a little bit of mayonnaise on one side of the bread, in a grainy bread roll hmmm.
Reply 33
My favourite is white bread with smooth peanut butter & apple (pink ladys are the best apples!)
kimzotic
My favourite is white bread with smooth peanut butter & apple (pink ladys are the best apples!)

and apple?
Reply 35
Prawn mayonnaise with salad, on thick wholemeal bread. Nuff Said :biggrin:
Reply 36
Granary baguette with lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese. And some crisps if I'm feeling naughty.
Reply 37
unfinished sympathy
my favourite is a blt, with slighty burnt bacon, shredded iceberg lettuce, and thin slices of vine tomatoes. a little bit of mayonnaise on one side of the bread, in a grainy bread roll hmmm.

Sounds perfick to me! :p:
sunday
Sounds perfick to me! :p:

it is :p:
dinkymints
Cheddar, ketchup and pickled onions on toasted white bread. Mmm. Alternatively, grated cheddar and salt & vinegar crisps on new, pre-sliced, thick white bread. Yummy.

Ooh, I forgot, tortilla wrap (white or those red spicy ones, yummy) with a tiny bit of sour cream (just so it isn't dry) with grated cheese and diced golden delicious apple. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Latest