The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sandwiches in shops always seem to be ruined by either raw tomato slices *shudder* or margarine. Does anyone else find shop bought sandwiches for that reason or any other?
Reply 41
I do like Tuna mixed with salad cream, in a roll, with lettuce.
butter, ham, ready salted walkers
Reply 43
Crisp sandwiches are the way forward!
Reply 44
Well I hope you are all happy, I have no crusty white bread in the house so I have to bake my own, its so depressing.
Oh YEAH a sandwich thread!
OK: one idea- Baba ghanouj (smoky eggplant puree) with a few small pieces of green onion, some nice boston lettuce, on warm pitta bread.

Another- heirloom tomatao slices with fresh basil leaves, slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, a little drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, on crusty wheat baguette
Clarence
Crisp sandwiches are the way forward!

i love them! and banana sandwiches as well! squash em down with a fork on white toast :smile:
The One and Only Lady Jennington
Sandwiches in shops always seem to be ruined by either raw tomato slices *shudder* or margarine. Does anyone else find shop bought sandwiches for that reason or any other?

yeah I am not a big fan of shop bought sandwiches. I find they all have something manky in like raw tomato with the seeds all spilled out over everything else or they have celery in eughh!
Reply 48
friendsfreak88
yeah I am not a big fan of shop bought sandwiches. I find they all have something manky in like raw tomato with the seeds all spilled out over everything else or they have celery in eughh!

I usually buy salads now or I'll buy a chicken drumstick from the hot chicken part of the sainsburys deli. :smile: Shops can't beat my own home made sandwiches.
Reply 49
unfinished sympathy
i love them! and banana sandwiches as well! squash em down with a fork on white toast :smile:

Mmmmm..... banana on toast :coma:

yeah crisps in a ham sandwhich, slightly squished rocks!

Have been thinkin.... granary type 6" sub roll, bit of spread, lettuce, ham, pepporoni, salami, gherkin with montery jack (sp?) cheese....mmmm!

Wensleydale and sundried tomatos in a slightly toasted white bagette is good too.

Mozzorella is amazing in sandwhiches too!!! yum!
Reply 50
you no what annoys me about supermarket sandwhiches... the put all the filling in the middle so it loots really full, then you open the packet and half the sandwhich is just bread. And more often than not the meat is a bit rubbish, fatty!
Reply 51
Or slathered in manking mayo, at about 500 calories a spoonful.
Bleagh.
Plus the bread is all soggy when you take it out of the package.
Reply 53
The slimy lettuce that sticks to your teeth is always a great ice-breaker too.
Reply 54
and just to put the icing on the cake they will put a few slices of raw tomato in just to annoy you

Latest