The Student Room Group

People disrespect me/bully me. HELP PLEASE.

I am so skinny and short, I'm a guy at 5 foot 5 and weigh 52kg. Some people seems to be bullying or disrespecting me for that matter in school. They make fun of me and try to piss me off and I just can't respond. I feel like if I get into a fight with them they will beat me so better just let them verbally assault me. For example,once this guy was making fun of me in the lesson and I told him what the **** are you talking about and he said **** off when we're talking and don't listen to our conversation. At that point I didn't know what to say so I just stayed silent. This is just one example and there are many instances that this happens almost on daily basis.Often times people say I look gay or call me shortie.People disrespect me a lot. Mostly people whom I meet more often or have some sort of acquaintance with. It's not like I have a reputation for being the victim. But some people do it almost every time I encounter them.
Sometimes I feel like I have an inability to defend myself and my rights. I can't come back at people when they humiliate me. This is particularly hard when I live in this country on my own and my parents are not here to provide any support.
What should I do? should I go in a fight and take a few punches? Should I tell the school? Should I avoid everyone?
Reply 1
anyone?
If you don't want to be skinny, work out

Do you have friends? If so just stick with your friends it doesn't matter what the others think.

Why do you care what these other people think of you? Joakim Noah (basketball player) said some things about Cleveland and got a lot of abuse from fans at games and on twitter but he just showed them that it doesn't matter what they think:

If they are trying to get a rise out of you ignore them, it will be very difficult but if you can get through it the will leave you alone and you can feel proud of yourself for getting through it

Find something you can be great at, a passion or hobby and then you will always know deep down you have something to be proud of and that whatever they say they can't take your ability to do that thing away from you

Do not start a fight, that wont end well for you win or lose.
It sucks but it's part of adolescence. Basically what the above poster said. Ignore them, get through it, don't escalate it, bulk up a bit if you want to, but stick to your friends and things that you're good at which will improve your self-esteem. There's nothing really the school can do unless someone actually hits you, unless they try and get involved and make things worse by making you look really weak. In a couple of years you'll think that was a sh*tty time but look where I am now.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
anyone?

Hey, its a shame you have to put up with this. The first thing i would suggest you do, is show them that it doesn't bother you what they're saying. Laugh at yourself every time they insult you, its hard i know but eventually they will realise that they wont get a rise out of you and they'll stop. Second, why don't you try bulking up a bit, that way you'll only be short. Thirdly while you're at school or wherever it is that these people see you, stick with your friends, and keep your head down so they don't notice you and instantly think that it will be fun to pick on you,

Hope this helps
Complain to a teacher at school that your being bullied. I'm sure you can find the confidence to do that :smile: !

Quick Reply

Latest