The Student Room Group

My honest opinion

I am literally getting sick of all this bull**** on TSR. This is my rant.

Feminists need to shut the **** up: Women now have equal rights - representation in the media, they have academic freedom, not to mention a massive number of scholarships and opportunities exclusively for women. They can get any job they please, they can take issues to court if they feel that sexism is happening in the workplace, or anywhere.

LGBT+ need to shut the **** up. These lot have equal rights too, in this country. There is an increasing amount of representation in the media, and there are loads of openly gay/lesbian/bi popular figures - Gok Wan, Alan Carr, Ellen Page, that lead singer from Green Day. And yet they are complaining all the time about **** that happens to them, but then they go on their bloody parades! Seriously, if you want people to tolerate you, shut up about your private life and do as you wish, but there's no need to stick it in others' faces, and have 'pride' for something you have no control over anyway!

So called Alpha males need to shut the **** up. If you are trying to bring back masculinity, then I doubt the way to do it is keep a misogynistic attitude, get hammered, bang 10000 women, and do the same thing every night of your life. Seriously, just stop.

That's my rant. Why can't everyone just get out of other's faces and learn to get along for heaven's sake!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Regarding the feminism and LGBT+ comments, I agree there are way too many arguments about it on TSR. But it's all very well saying people need to shut up about it when in actuality the problem is all of the anti threads being made.
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
Regarding the feminism and LGBT+ comments, I agree there are way too many arguments about it on TSR. But it's all very well saying people need to shut up about it when in actuality the problem is all of the anti threads being made.

The threads being made show that people believe all that crap.
Original post by The_Dragonborn

Feminists need to shut the **** up: Women now have equal rights - representation in the media, they have academic freedom, not to mention a massive number of scholarships and opportunities exclusively for women. They can get any job they please, they can take issues to court if they feel that sexism is happening in the workplace, or anywhere.

LGBT+ need to shut the **** up. These lot have equal rights too. There is an increasing amount of representation in the media, and there are loads of openly gay/lesbian/bi popular figures - Gok Wan, Alan Carr, Ellen Page, that lead singer from Green Day. And yet they are complaining all the time about **** that happens to them, but then they go on their bloody parades! Seriously, if you want people to tolerate you, shut up about your private life and do as you wish, but there's no need to stick it in others' faces, and have 'pride' for something you have no control over anyway!

So called Alpha males need to shut the **** up. If you are trying to bring back masculinity, then I doubt the way to do it is keep a misogynistic attitude, get hammered, bang 10000 women, and do the same thing every night of your life. Seriously, just stop.

That's my rant. Why can't everyone just get out of other's faces and learn to get along for heaven's sake!

PREACH

(I would rep this but it's worth 0 and people hate that :tongue:)
Reply 4
Original post by charlottejyp
PREACH

(I would rep this but it's worth 0 and people hate that :tongue:)

Thank you! And I don't mind, you can rep me. If anything, it'll just go to show how many people overall are actually sick of all this bull****.
basically everyone needs to stfu :tongue:
Preach it breh

Preach it
Reply 7
Original post by chocolatesauce
basically everyone needs to stfu :tongue:

Yes, pretty much!
Reply 8
Original post by Simplythebest...
Preach it breh

Preach it

Thank you :biggrin:
The threads being made show that people believe all that crap.

But if people are creating the threads, there are going to be arguments, was my point.
But if people are creating the threads, there are going to be arguments, was my point.

IMO people on both sides, pro- or anti- for whatever topic aren't being rational, they're just expressing hate. What I have just presented is a blunt, rational argument telling everyone to stop arguing and bring an end to this madness.
(edited 10 years ago)
IMO people on both sides, pro- or anti- for whatever topic. What I have just presented is a blunt, rational argument telling everyone to stop arguing and bring an end to this madness.

The anti often - but not always - comes from trolls. They're not going to listen to a rational argument.
The anti often - but not always - comes from trolls. They're not going to listen to a rational argument.

That part you just quoted, I had typed it wrong the first time, sorry. Check that post again please.
I wish I hadn't named this thread "My honest opinion". I think that last thing a TSR user wants to read is yet another person's opinion.
I love that TSR has now descended into an all-out civil war
But if we stop all of these sorts of topics TSR will become a ghost town!

People might be forced to actually make threads about academic stuff!

LGBT+ need to shut the **** up. These lot have equal rights too. There is an increasing amount of representation in the media, and there are loads of openly gay/lesbian/bi popular figures - Gok Wan, Alan Carr, Ellen Page, that lead singer from Green Day. And yet they are complaining all the time about **** that happens to them, but then they go on their bloody parades! Seriously, if you want people to tolerate you, shut up about your private life and do as you wish, but there's no need to stick it in others' faces, and have 'pride' for something you have no control over anyway!

In regards to your comment about the LGBT+ community, you say that they have "equal rights" but this isn't true across the whole of the UK as in Ireland it's still illegal for two people of the same gender to marry and it's only just became legal in Scotland and only recently in England; so, there's still a few important steps to go before the LGBT+ community achieve full equality in the UK and I'm probably missing out quite a few things that still need to be done too as I'm not too sure about transgender rights, etc. That's only in the UK, an incredibly progressive and very liberal place, but there are still masses of places all over the world where the gender you choose to love can potentially earn you life in prison, the death penalty and fines, etc. never mind not being able to marry. So no, the community won't and should't "shut the **** up" when there is still so much to be done to achieve equality - the fight for equality must go on. Just because there's an increasing amount of representation in the media, although still not very much, and many openly non-straight figures doesn't mean that the LGBT+ community should just shut up and get on with it as there is still, in many places, a very deep-rooted homophobia and prejudice that exists. If you think that people from this group have acceptance everywhere in the UK, then think again. Why shouldn't the community complain about **** that happens to them? I'm pretty sure the straight community would too if it was in a comparable position. Why not have parades? I think it's a good thing that we celebrate our progressive and accepting society. As for them keeping it to themselves, this is true for the same extend that straight people should. There's straight relationships all over the media, straight couples holding hands and kissing on the street every day and making their relationship obvious but do they get told to keep it to themselves? No. God forbid a gay couple hold hands then they're flaunting it all over the place and if a gay relationship plot appears on a soap then they're just shoving it in everyone's faces despite there being SO many more straight relationships than gay ones presented on T.V. By your logic, the LGBT+ community would be well in their rights, even more so than you, to assert that you should keep your heterosexuality out of their faces. Do they do this? Of course not. Sorry, but just get over yourself already. Same goes for women - there's still a fight needed for full equality all over the world.
(edited 10 years ago)
IMO people on both sides, pro- or anti- for whatever topic aren't being rational, they're just expressing hate. What I have just presented is a blunt, rational argument telling everyone to stop arguing and bring an end to this madness.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with the debates though, just how people handle them.

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I love that TSR has now descended into an all-out civil war

It's getting completely ridiculous.

There was no rational argument in your post at all - it was just a load of misinformed opinion.
Reply 19
The LGBT community has equal rights? They don't suffer discrimination? HA. HAHAHA.

Seriously, where on earth do you live where you can genuinely say this is the case?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending