The Student Room Group

Mexican cartel takes brutality up a notch, killing children, harvesting their organs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Inzamam99
To what extent should legalisation be taken, do you think?

I agree that Cannabis, ecstasy etc. should be legal but what is your opinion on harder drugs?

It should be taken all the way. I can't say I know enough about the harder drugs to give a reasonable answer. But I'd allow drugs like cannabis and shrooms to work freely like cigarettes and harder drugs being available only through pharmacies with some other type of controls. The idea of selling heroin or crack seems immoral but what we're doing now doesn't seem to work.

The world needs to legalise simultaneously. Until the main consumer countries legalise it, the cartels and other groups around the world will profit from production of illegal drugs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Nope my position doesn't involve condoning the purchase of drugs. Your side does. Your side supports the cartels yes literally supports and pays their bills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, your position makes it impossible for the cartels not to exist and mine makes it impossible for them to exist. Look at the alcohol industry, this is a drug where demand is met by regulated companies. If you prohibit alcohol then these companies would just be replaced by a criminals. The same is true of every other drug.
Reply 102
Original post by DaveSmith99
Nope, your position makes it impossible for the cartels not to exist and mine makes it impossible for them to exist. Look at the alcohol industry, this is a drug where demand is met by regulated companies. If you prohibit alcohol then these companies would just be replaced by a criminals. The same is true of every other drug.

I really don't understand his position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My position is: let's not pay the cartels to kill thousands of innocent people just so we can get our fix.

Your position is: let's pay the cartel to kill thousands of innocent people so I can get my fix

No one is forcing you stupid idiots to buy drugs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a strange position that sets the punishment of drug users as pretty much the only factor.
My position is: let's not pay the cartels to kill thousands of innocent people just so we can get our fix.

Your position is: let's pay the cartel to kill thousands of innocent people so I can get my fix

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's like basing your defence policy around the idea that everyone will be nice and not invade and kill each other. It's a lovely idea, but it has absolutely no basis in reality. Instead of accepting that and trying to minimize the harm, you'd rather proceed with a crusade against drug users, regardless of the human cost.
Reply 106
Original post by DaveSmith99
That's like basing your defence policy around the idea that everyone will be nice and not invade and kill each other. It's a lovely idea, but it has absolutely no basis in reality. Instead of accepting that and trying to minimize the harm, you'd rather proceed with a crusade against drug users, regardless of the human cost.

Because drug users are the number one cause of this.

Tell me genius who pays the cartels? Who buys the drugs

No one is forcing you lowlifes to buy drugs

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 107

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you focusing so heavily on the demand when efforts have already been made to prevent it's usage. It doesn't work. Human nature doesn't have to apologise for human nature.

What would be FAR easier and far more practical would be to focus on regulating supply and taking it out of cartel hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"4 missing indigenous children, kidnapped on their walk to school. A few days later their bodies were discovered in a shallow grave, the chest cavity of each had been opened and organs removed."

welp.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/03/caballeros-templarios-human-organ.html

unimaginable brutality. This cartel is rumored to even eat human hearts as part of a ritual.

lets hope the vigilantes do the right thing and hunt down then kill these sub human monsters.

INB4 they need help and rehabilitation at the tax payers expense.............

Oh my, hello again. Like you said, the extreme accounts are largely rumours and while the odd case of organ trafficking occurs here and there, it could never operate on a major scale given the medical infrastructure and cooperation with hospitals required.

These rumours and media frenzies have existed for quite a while, there is little new here. Posting the same sensationalist topics sourced from sensationalist news websites in order to have a go at liberals probably isn't going to help anyone, let alone the poor children. Just so you know!
Because drug users are the number one cause of this.

Tell me genius who pays the cartels? Who buys the drugs

No one is forcing you lowlifes to buy drugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Instead of playing the blame game try and ask yourself for a realistic, not utopian solution to the problem.
Reply 110
Original post by Ggmu!
Why are you focusing so heavily on the demand when efforts have already been made to prevent it's usage. It doesn't work. Human nature doesn't have to apologise for human nature.

What would be FAR easier and far more practical would be to focus on regulating supply and taking it out of cartel hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

" Why are you focusing so heavily on the demand"

Because it is the sole cause of this Madness and you liberals keep pretending it isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
" Why are you focusing so heavily on the demand"

Because it is the sole cause of this Madness and you liberals keep pretending it isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sole cause of this madness is prohibition. I think you know that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Original post by Ggmu!
Sole cause of this madness is prohibition. I think you know that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Demand created the cartels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Demand created the cartels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prohibition created them. There could be factories, employing these people producing the drugs.

That would be far easier than attempting to silence human nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by Ggmu!
Prohibition created them. There could be factories, employing these people producing the drugs.

That would be far easier than attempting to silence human nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

if people didn't BUY drugs the supply wouldn't exist.

Liberals justifying and supporting mass slaughter.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think people shouldn't eat meat. They can go without it and become healthier. Animals shouldn't die for food when we don't need it.

That's how ridiculous you sound.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by Ggmu!
I think people shouldn't eat meat. They can go without it and become healthier. Animals shouldn't die for food when we don't need it.

That's how ridiculous you sound.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are talking about drug cartels killing people, not animals. Stop trying to change the subject.

That's how ridiculous you sound

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't control peoples thoughts, it's been tried countless times, it's not worked once. If people want drugs they want drugs, you may be able to make small changes to the demand curve but it's always going to be there. So as the demand is there regardless, we have to make a choice on how we are going to deal with the supply. You will never be able to eliminate it, that again has been tried countless times and has never worked. So the real choice is do you want a black market (that means cartels), or a regulated one that you can control. I know which one I think sounds better.
Here's a fun fact - HSBC were caught laundering billions of Mexican drug cartel money. KNOWINGLY. Slap on the wrist from the gov of course.

Looks like it's already been said, but the U.K and U.S government could easily sort the **** out in Mexico.

Drug prohibition has caused more harm than drugs themselves ever have. Hell, in a week in Mexico prohibition causes more harm than drugs ever have,
Reply 119
Original post by Spetznaaz
Here's a fun fact - HSBC were caught laundering billions of Mexican drug cartel money. KNOWINGLY. Slap on the wrist from the gov of course.

Looks like it's already been said, but the U.K and U.S government could easily sort the **** out in Mexico.

Drug prohibition has caused more harm than drugs themselves ever have. Hell, in a week in Mexico prohibition causes more harm than drugs ever have,

I read about that.

Prohibition is bad and I have said throughout this thread many times I support legalisation (despite believing it's more than likely never gonna happen)

But liberals must accept that if you buy drugs. You. Are. Funding. Their. Bloodshed.

Liberals keep trying to justify it. It's sickening and horrifying. Acting as if they were some how forced into doing it and that it's ok to buy their drugs.

They wouldn't dare condone buying drugs from organisations such as the taliban. But they will make an exception for the cartels.

They are the cartels greatest ally. You pay their bills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending