The Student Room Group

Minoxidil (Rogaine)

You lot on TSR are a smart bunch, so I wanted to ask you guys does this Rogaine or Minoxidil stuff actually work?

I have my hair thinning, my dad and both his brothers are bald however his dad wasn't. My maternal uncles have thinning hair (all in their 30s +) however none are fully bald.

My hair is thinning. Used to be typically thick South Asian style however around 4 years ago when I turned 18 my hair has been sort of receding as well as thinning all around, it's very limp and lifeless. When I wash it I can easily count 50+ strands of hair in the sink. :frown:

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience on here with this Minoxidil stuff. I've heard Propecia (Finasteride) is effective but thats taken orally and messes about with hormones and DHT and whatnot; a risk I'm not willing to take
Reply 1
Have you spoken to your gp or your hairdresser? There are many conditions which can affect hair loss- diagnosable by blood tests- plus external factors such as silicones in shampoo causing hair to break. (I know this because mine started falling out last summer, and I'm a woman!)

They say that you should look to your mother's father to see what your hair will do, as there is evidence that the balding gene is carried on your X chromasome, i.e. it comes from your mother.

As a heterosexual woman may I say that a man's baldness or otherwise does not affect his attractiveness? A man who is comfortable with his looks, however, is more attractive than one who worries about them.
Yes, Minoxidil works but the best and most effective way to apply is with Minoxidil Spray by Regenepure. It's a mist sprayer. The foam is a waste as it goes on your hair and needs to be on the scalp to be effective. The dropper is a mess and does not cover the scalp well. They also have a ketoconazole hair loss shampoo called Regenepure DR that cleanses the scalp and ensures proper absorption of the minoxidil. Check out
www.minoxidilspray.com and think that they ship worldwide. Good luck to you!

Original post by itsmyname
You lot on TSR are a smart bunch, so I wanted to ask you guys does this Rogaine or Minoxidil stuff actually work?

I have my hair thinning, my dad and both his brothers are bald however his dad wasn't. My maternal uncles have thinning hair (all in their 30s +) however none are fully bald.

My hair is thinning. Used to be typically thick South Asian style however around 4 years ago when I turned 18 my hair has been sort of receding as well as thinning all around, it's very limp and lifeless. When I wash it I can easily count 50+ strands of hair in the sink. :frown:

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience on here with this Minoxidil stuff. I've heard Propecia (Finasteride) is effective but thats taken orally and messes about with hormones and DHT and whatnot; a risk I'm not willing to take
Reply 3
I agree about the foam. I switched from rogaine foam to the spray & it is a much better application. It goes right to your scalp, and doesn't buildup in your hair.

Original post by Jonnyboy2148
Yes, Minoxidil works but the best and most effective way to apply is with Minoxidil Spray by Regenepure. It's a mist sprayer. The foam is a waste as it goes on your hair and needs to be on the scalp to be effective. The dropper is a mess and does not cover the scalp well. They also have a ketoconazole hair loss shampoo called Regenepure DR that cleanses the scalp and ensures proper absorption of the minoxidil. Check out
www.minoxidilspray.com and think that they ship worldwide. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest