The Student Room Group

Indian students at UK for sept 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by merlin12
Hi I will be joining Plymouth/Birmingham City University/LSBU for Masters in Marketing Research/Business Intelligence and Social Media/MSc. International Business. Anyone from among these university...lets get mingle up..Also those finding PART TIME JOB, ACCOMODATION AND OTHER FACILITIES REPLY

Why you are so uncertain about your course and university ? If you wanna join for the September 2014 intake, you must have completed most of the admission process and firmly accepted one of the universities/course.
Reply 21
Lets start with a brief introduction on the course and the university you opted for your studies in the UK.

I have firmly accepted the offer from the University of Bradford for my MSc in Mobile Applications.

The course starts on September 10th.
Original post by deadshot
Thanks for the reply Mukildev. I will by applying by next month as I am in the 28 days wait time for bank statement.

Will that pre one month duration will be added to the post 4 month duration ? Just curious.

Have you got your visa or applied for it ?

Hi deadshot,

The pre one month duration is separate from the post 4 month duration. As I said earlier, you are eligible to stay in the UK for a total of 17 months( 1+12+4)

I got my Visa two weeks ago.

Regards,
Mukildev
My mother has drafted a letter for the funds consent today. Is it okay if she puts today's date on the letter? or does it have any date specification?
Reply 24
The costs are too high for a year to study master in UK.

Do you guys think it really worth spending that much ?
Reply 25
Original post by Mukildev
Hi deadshot,

The pre one month duration is separate from the post 4 month duration. As I said earlier, you are eligible to stay in the UK for a total of 17 months( 1+12+4)

I got my Visa two weeks ago.

Regards,
Mukildev

Oh. okay bro :smile: My agent said I will be getting 18 month visa so got confused.
Oh. okay bro :smile: My agent said I will be getting 18 month visa so got confused.

Actually you may get closer to 18 months.

Mine is 17 months 3 weeks and 1 day. It really depends on the course start and end dates though.

But 17 months are guaranteed.
Original post by desigirl01
My mother has drafted a letter for the funds consent today. Is it okay if she puts today's date on the letter? or does it have any date specification?

Hi desigirl01,

There is no such specification regarding the dates on the consent letter.

But I advice you to put a date closer to or on the date of your visa application.

Regards,
Mukildev
Reply 28
Actually you may get closer to 18 months.

Mine is 17 months 3 weeks and 1 day. It really depends on the course start and end dates though.

But 17 months are guaranteed.

Cool, thanks bro. :smile:

When is your course start date and when are you leaving to UK ?

How long it took for you to get your visa ?
Cool, thanks bro. :smile:

When is your course start date and when are you leaving to UK ?

How long it took for you to get your visa ?

I will be leaving on Sept 6 and my course starts on sept 9.

It took me exactly 14 days (10 working days) for getting my visa.

Regards,
Mukildev
Reply 30
I will be leaving on Sept 6 and my course starts on sept 9.

It took me exactly 14 days (10 working days) for getting my visa.

Regards,
Mukildev

Thanks for the info bro. Which university you have firmed and what course ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for the info bro. Which university you have firmed and what course ?

Subsea Engineering at the University of Aberdeen
I have applied for my visa online and paid online too. so i dont have to fill the appendix 8 and vaf 9 forms. right?also, do i have to print out my CAS statement sent to me by uni or is it not necessary?
(edited 9 years ago)
I have applied for my visa online and paid online too. so i dont have to fill the appendix 8 and vaf 9 forms. right?also, do i have to print out my CAS statement sent to me by uni or is it not necessary?

Hi,

You don't need those forms.

But you need to take a printout of the Application form that you submitted when you go for your Interview.

CAS is the most important document that you need to submit along with your application. So you need to take a printout of the CAS if you don't have it as a hardcopy.

Regards,
Mukildev
Thanks so much.

Since you already went for your visa, could you pls tell me a lil bit about the credibility interview? Is the officer going to grill the student or is it a casual interview?
Thanks so much.

Since you already went for your visa, could you pls tell me a lil bit about the credibility interview? Is the officer going to grill the student or is it a casual interview?

Hi,

The interview is really simple. It won't last more than 5 minutes (depending on your replies)

Just be prepared for the following questions.

1. Your name and date of birth
2. University name, course start and end dates
3. Why you chose the UK to study
4. why you chose your course and University
5. what do you intend to do after graduation
6. your fees and funding plans
7. where will you stay
8. Details on your english language tests (IELTS / TOEFL)

Answer clearly and confidently.

All the best!

Regards,
Mukildev
Reply 36
Guys I have a noobish question.

What are credits that UK universities are mentioning. I have came across credit transfer, credit based etc., so far but what are credits in this ? It is quite confusing.

I found that my course have 2 semester and each semester will have 60 credits and finally 60 credit for my Dissertation ( I can understand this as an essay on a particular topic )

In the semester wise 60 credits I have optional and compulsory modules. Can anyone explain how exactly these modules and credits work ?
Guys I have a noobish question.

What are credits that UK universities are mentioning. I have came across credit transfer, credit based etc., so far but what are credits in this ? It is quite confusing.

I found that my course have 2 semester and each semester will have 60 credits and finally 60 credit for my Dissertation ( I can understand this as an essay on a particular topic )

In the semester wise 60 credits I have optional and compulsory modules. Can anyone explain how exactly these modules and credits work ?

Hi,

I'll explain in a much simpler way for you. The explanation might not be accurate, but it should at least clear your doubts.

Consider the credit as a value assigned to a course. Just like the value between metals such as Bronze, Silver and Gold. Even though, the value of Gold is higher, you need other metals for your daily use.

Your Unversity has established that you need 180 Credits to achieve your degree. The Engineering school in your university has established a certain way of achieving that credit rating for the degree in a Specific specialization, Say Subsea Engineering or Electrical Engineering.

If you are studying for a Masters degree in Subsea Engineering, You need to know about your Subject i.e Subsea. So your Compulsory Courses would be related to Subsea (GOLD). Your optional modules will be related to Corrosion, Drilling etc ( Bronze and Silver) and by completing these courses you are expected to have a good MIX of knowledge (GOLD+SILVER+BRONZE) to excel in your field.

Coming to your Course, it is Split up into Sem 1 (60 Credits) Sem 2 (60 Credits) + Thesis (60 Credits).

Each Semester would have approximately 4 to 5 courses ( Depends on your degree)

So If you have 5 Courses in Semester 1 which can be a mix of Compulsory and Optional Modules, There is a Great Chance that their Credit rating may not be 12 Credits ( 60/5 =12). Some courses would have higher credits than others. So what that means is, you need to get a Good Score in Higher credit rated courses ( GOLD ) than lesser credit courses (Bronze and Silver) for getting a Higher GPA or GRADE.

In short concentrate more on higher credit rated Modules / courses.

I guess I don't need to explain the Math behind the logic.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mukildev
Did my biometrics,documents submission and the short visa Interview today. It was nerve wracking in the beginning but the vfs satff made sure the process is smooth. Submitted all myy original certificates including under grad mark sheets, birth certificate etc...Am going to get them all back.right?
Did my biometrics,documents submission and the short visa Interview today. It was nerve wracking in the beginning but the vfs satff made sure the process is smooth. Submitted all myy original certificates including under grad mark sheets, birth certificate etc...Am going to get them all back.right?

Hi,

You will definitely get them back.

Regards,
Mukildev

Quick Reply

Latest