The Student Room Group

Help! GBC & BPS accreditation issue

I'm an undergraduate psychology student looking to apply for clinical or neuropsychology in the UK. I intend on doing a doctorate later and practice in the UK.

My issue is this: I'm an international student and don't have the GCB. None of the master's courses I'm interested in are BPS accredited. I don't want to do a conversion course since I already have a 5 year background in psychology.

Can anyone help me out on how I can proceed? Thanks in advance.
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm currently sailing in the same boat!
Original post by riddhi.l
I'm currently sailing in the same boat!

I'm having a lot of problems about the same, and I really need to figure out how to go about it because applications should begin soon...
I'm having a lot of problems about the same, and I really need to figure out how to go about it because applications should begin soon...

How do you plan to go about it?
I’m going to email the BPS about the GBC and figure
Reply 5
Hey, was your Indian degree accepted for GBC? I have also applied for GBC but I'm not sure it will be accepted.
Original post by Gk171
Hey, was your Indian degree accepted for GBC? I have also applied for GBC but I'm not sure it will be accepted.

I’m still in my final year, but I know someone from my college who has done it and she received the GBC. So my college’s degree is accepted
Reply 7
Ohh that's great! Which college is it and what's the course?Thank you for your help tho
Original post by 6underground
I'm an undergraduate psychology student looking to apply for clinical or neuropsychology in the UK. I intend on doing a doctorate later and practice in the UK.

My issue is this: I'm an international student and don't have the GCB. None of the master's courses I'm interested in are BPS accredited. I don't want to do a conversion course since I already have a 5 year background in psychology.

Can anyone help me out on how I can proceed? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Could you please tell me what happened with this? Did you guys get a GBC membership?
Reply 9
Original post by Gk171
Ohh that's great! Which college is it and what's the course?Thank you for your help tho

Hi! Did you manage to attain GBC with your Indian qualifications?
Reply 10
Original post by rheamathewwwww
Hi,
Could you please tell me what happened with this? Did you guys get a GBC membership?

Hi! Did you manage to attain GBC with your Indian qualifications?
Hello , any update. I am on the same boat hence asking
Reply 12
I’m still in my final year, but I know someone from my college who has done it and she received the GBC. So my college’s degree is accepted
Can you tell me the name of your college if you don’t mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending