The Student Room Group

westminister sixth form review

hey everyone, I'm thinking to apply for the sixth form in Westminister school but I've seen a lot of different reviews. if you are an international student or poc who is studying/has studied there could you let me know your experience there? thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by tasha.ki
hey everyone, I'm thinking to apply for the sixth form in Westminister school but I've seen a lot of different reviews. if you are an international student or poc who is studying/has studied there could you let me know your experience there? thanks a lot :smile:

heyy not a student there but I'm also thinking of applying, are you applying for 2023-2024? :smile:
Original post by tasha.ki

Here's a related post I made which you might find useful: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7165673

It's about the admission process at Westminster School at 16+
I am not an international student but as a POC that has been at the school for 5 years, I can say that racism sadly still persists. However, it is limited to a small number of students and there is definitely a growing culture of students who aren't putting up with it and things have gotten a lot better over my time at the school.

Overall though, it was a great experience due to the (mostly) quality teaching and competitive environment. I highly recommend it for the kind of person that wants to be pushed academically. If you have any other questions about the school, lmk.
Original post by DryTowel
I am not an international student but as a POC that has been at the school for 5 years, I can say that racism sadly still persists. However, it is limited to a small number of students and there is definitely a growing culture of students who aren't putting up with it and things have gotten a lot better over my time at the school.

Overall though, it was a great experience due to the (mostly) quality teaching and competitive environment. I highly recommend it for the kind of person that wants to be pushed academically. If you have any other questions about the school, lmk.

How severe would you say the racism at Westminster is? I’m thinking of applying to sixth form internationally :smile:
Original post by itsbhere
How severe would you say the racism at Westminster is? I’m thinking of applying to sixth form internationally :smile:

Wouldn't describe it as 'severe'- as mentioned before, most of the students here really don't let that slide but be prepared because you might end up in a situation where you have to stand up for yourself. There are also loads of cultural societies like ACS (Afro-Caribbean), Japanese, Subcontinental (Indian, Pakistani etc) that you can join too.
Reply 6
@DryTowel can i ask you a few questions about the school?
Original post by Ashirs
@DryTowel can i ask you a few questions about the school?

yeah go ahead
Reply 8
Original post by itsbhere
heyy not a student there but I'm also thinking of applying, are you applying for 2023-2024? :smile:

hi !! apologies i haven't gone on tsr for a while and did not realise my post had more answers than i expected haha but to answer your question i did not end up applying to westminster school as i researched more into their admission process and it just felt very rigid and academic, which i just felt like was not what i was looking for personally. my subjects also weren't super academic based so i felt i wasn't going to get as much support there. i ended up applying to dld college and i'm enrolling there sept 2023 :smile: but i hope u got into ur target college!! all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending