The Student Room Group

WJEC - Official BY2 Discussion - 02/06/14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koyyj127
If my mark obtained in AS is better than this time, are they going to cash in the better one instead :P

wait what? :tongue: yeah they take your better one, if that's what you mean? (':
Original post by jenigma
wait what? :tongue: yeah they take your better one, if that's what you mean? (':

opps yeaa thats what i meant, didnt proofread my sentence before sending hahaha, the exam is absolutely horrible D: the past papers I did are way better than this one >:frown:
Original post by bonzo123
... it's lacteal

I know but i couldnt remember in the exam!
I have created an unofficial mark scheme which is really in depth, it is only missing the second essay question!!!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2700786&p=47920193#post47920193
Original post by Natalierm2707
I have created an unofficial mark scheme which is really in depth, it is only missing the second essay question!!!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2700786&p=47920193#post47920193

Show me up why don't you:tongue:
Original post by koyyj127
opps yeaa thats what i meant, didnt proofread my sentence before sending hahaha, the exam is absolutely horrible D: the past papers I did are way better than this one >:frown:

so true! the lowest they'd go is 60/70 for full UMS probably because jun 11 was that. but 9tijwehfd it was just horrible, especially for retakers! worse than last year. it's because BY1 was so easy before half term.. they made it extra hard.
fairly confident I got a high B/low A in the AS though
need to turn it up a notch for A2 :frown:
I put in the small intestine there is only one cell think of epithelial cells so thin- short diffusion pathway for absorption- not sure if this is correct tho?
Original post by yasminwells
I put in the small intestine there is only one cell think of epithelial cells so thin- short diffusion pathway for absorption- not sure if this is correct tho?

yeah that'd be accepted I think
Original post by L'Evil Fish
yeah that'd be accepted I think

Ah few that's great thank you :smile:
Original post by Natalierm2707
I am going to try to piece together an unofficial mark scheme but it wont be up until tomorrow evening as i have a chemistry exam tomorrow.

That's fantastic, if you could please tell me when it's up that would be amazing - thank you!
Is it just me or that exam was very different t from the past papers?

I take the new book into account for the change...

Posted from TSR Mobile
For part a of the first essay question, we're you seriously meant to write about the chloride shift? I didn't recognize it as that and wrote about hydrostatic pressure and osmotic pressure in the tissues etc. It asked for the transport from the repairing tissues to the lung, so I thouvht you had to mention the venous system and a bit about the heart pumping the blood to the lungs.
Original post by Vortexlife
For part a of the first essay question, we're you seriously meant to write about the chloride shift? I didn't recognize it as that and wrote about hydrostatic pressure and osmotic pressure in the tissues etc. It asked for the transport from the repairing tissues to the lung, so I thouvht you had to mention the venous system and a bit about the heart pumping the blood to the lungs.

I was originally going to answer that question and talk about chloride shift for the first part of the essay, however I was so unsure about what they wanted us to talk about so I decided to be safe and not answer it.

When I see you talking about osmotic/hydrostatic pressure in tissues it makes me think more to the formation of tissue fluid rather than transport of carbon dioxide. I'm honestly not sure what they wanted us to include, though.
I included a lot of unnecessary detail like the lymph vessel in there and the pressure, but I talked about the venous system, then the heart. I really hope I don't throw those 6 marks down the drain.
I asked my teacher today and she said it would most likely be chloride shift
I talked about chloride shift and the other two ways carbon dioxide is transported
then second part high lactic acid, so how it exchanges with alveoli
spoke about the red blood cells adaptations for the transport , just a load of bullsh*t because the more doesn't affect your mark.

You can write 5 pages and if you've got the 10 (out of 15 points) they want then you've got 10 end off and if you write 5 lines and include 10 points with a bit of detail you get 10 marks aswell so , hoping for 10
Original post by AK_47
I put Parenchyma and Phloem fibres. Will I get the mark for just saying Parenchyma instead of Phloem Parenchyma?

Yeah, i don't think they will be that harsh, im sure they will give you the mark for that
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
I talked about chloride shift and the other two ways carbon dioxide is transported

I did this too, then I spoke about the Bohr effect, moving the oxygen dissociation curve to the right so oxygen is released more readily at respiring tissues because they release a lot of CO2.
Btw for the phloem you didn't have to write phloem parenchyma and phloem fibres

so don't worry about it, it said which two other cells are found in the phloem

if you write fibres why would they magically think oh but it could be xylem fibres

Use your brains guys, also I messed up on this exam , exams this year in general haven't been good :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending