The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker with Settled Status?

Hi, I moved to the UK 02/2018, started my first year 09/21 [BA in Visual Arts, Full Time] and currently I am on my 3rd year to graduate 06/2024.
I applied as a Migrant Worker since I had pre-settled status and received my Settled Status during my 2nd academic year in 02/23.
I've been working full time before the course and part time while studying and still am and it is getting really stressful for me to put in the work for my full time studies while also working part time (I finished my 2nd year with a 1st and a breakdown towards the end). I'm currently on antidepressants.
I used to be asked about my payslips but when I received my Settled Status I uploaded it to my SFE and I was not asked about them which I find odd. I read on another question that a fellow EU national got his loan changed in year 2 due to that..
Given the details above, can I switch to a different loan that does not require me to keep my current job? I could really REALLY use the extra time for my studies and getting ready to get into the industry I'm studying for, I'm planning to get a job asap after graduation! I'm on my 3rd year. Please let me know if I can provide any other details to help with whether or not can my loan be changed! x
Original post by christina2023
Hi, I moved to the UK 02/2018, started my first year 09/21 [BA in Visual Arts, Full Time] and currently I am on my 3rd year to graduate 06/2024.
I applied as a Migrant Worker since I had pre-settled status and received my Settled Status during my 2nd academic year in 02/23.
I've been working full time before the course and part time while studying and still am and it is getting really stressful for me to put in the work for my full time studies while also working part time (I finished my 2nd year with a 1st and a breakdown towards the end). I'm currently on antidepressants.
I used to be asked about my payslips but when I received my Settled Status I uploaded it to my SFE and I was not asked about them which I find odd. I read on another question that a fellow EU national got his loan changed in year 2 due to that..
Given the details above, can I switch to a different loan that does not require me to keep my current job? I could really REALLY use the extra time for my studies and getting ready to get into the industry I'm studying for, I'm planning to get a job asap after graduation! I'm on my 3rd year. Please let me know if I can provide any other details to help with whether or not can my loan be changed! x

Hi Christina,

You can change to the EU Tuition Fee Loan only if you hold pre settled status however, this means that you would no longer be eligible for the Maintenance Loan and any grants if applicable.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending