The Student Room Group

GCSE Studying Thread

Obviously not an original idea but this is a thread to track my GCSE learning and revision progress. I will come back here at least every day to essentially log what I've been doing.

And I won't ramble on too much, but I'm doing my GCSEs a year late for... reasons. So I'm also trying to catch up as much as possible. Hopefully this thread can also motivate anybody who feels drained to learn and people can share any studying ideas.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fffnnnlllyyy
Obviously not an original idea but this is a thread to track my GCSE learning and revision progress. I will come back here at least every day to essentially log what I've been doing.

And I won't ramble on too much, but I'm doing my GCSEs a year late for... reasons. So I'm also trying to catch up as much as possible. Hopefully this thread can also motivate anybody who feels drained to learn and people can share any studying ideas.

Would you be interested in maybe making a Grow Your Grades blog, it sounds very similar to what you would like to use this space for 🙂 You can find out a little more about them here -> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395551 Plus there are prizes to be won!
Reply 2
Original post by Evil Homer
Would you be interested in maybe making a Grow Your Grades blog, it sounds very similar to what you would like to use this space for 🙂 You can find out a little more about them here -> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395551 Plus there are prizes to be won!

Sounds good. Should I just delete this post and copy the text into a new post under Grow Your Grades? Thank you for the help :smile:
Sounds good. Should I just delete this post and copy the text into a new post under Grow Your Grades? Thank you for the help :smile:

Don't worry this can stay up :smile: Best of luck, let me know when you've set it up so I can follow it :biggrin:
Reply 4
im also going to just write my progress here ive been on and off with my revision i dont know why but now is the time to get serious (what i tell myself) and i shall start all over again from today onwards
Original post by s_19969
im also going to just write my progress here ive been on and off with my revision i dont know why but now is the time to get serious (what i tell myself) and i shall start all over again from today onwards

Everyone has ups and downs in their productivity, be easy on yourself :smile:
Reply 6
11/01/2024

Maths - Rearranging Formulas (particularly square roots, mainly revision but now it's stuck)
Biilogy - The Eye

felt a bit drained today.
Reply 7
11/01/24 I did biology flash card 2.0-3.3 absolutely finished today tmrw is an off day I pick one date here I won’t revise out of the week mine is friday
Reply 8
12/01/24

More about the eye, including focusing, iris flex and types of vision
Finished revision on rearranging formulas and now revising on inequalities again from the start
Studying American Expansions and the settlement of Texas.
Reply 9
Original post by Evil Homer
Don't worry this can stay up :smile: Best of luck, let me know when you've set it up so I can follow it :biggrin:

I'm really sorry for sounding stupid, almost thick but I haven't set a Grow Your Grades thread up because I have just kept this one. Is that alright? Or should I just create a new Grow Your Grades and then update that one everyday instead?
Reply 10
Oops, a day late but 13/01/2024

Did more on history about American expansionism, particularly the motives behind it
Revised on inequalities and now going onto quadratic inequalities. Also started learning completing the square
Back onto chemistry with simple molecular structures and other revision facts on covalent bonds.
Reply 11
Oops, a day late but 13/01/2024

Did more on history about American expansionism, particularly the motives behind it
Revised on inequalities and now going onto quadratic inequalities. Also started learning completing the square
Back onto chemistry with simple molecular structures and other revision facts on covalent bonds.

Oh same lo,l but 13\01\24 I did topic 3.3 biology -4.18 I shall finish bio by tuesday
Reply 12
14/01/2024

Chemistry (molecular substances)
Maths (quadratic inequalities again + graphs)

felt a bit blue yesterday but ready to pick myself up.
Reply 13
Late again yesterday...

15/01/2024
Did English Literature, more reading of Macbeth and now I'm gettinginto it
Maths - Completing The Square revision and more on types of charts
Reply 14
Late again...

16/01/2024
Geography, looking at issues with urbanisation and then writing a piece about it for different cities.
Mathematics, revision on types of charts, reciprocal graphs and recurring decimals (which was mainly revision but now it makes full sense)
Reply 15
17/01/2024... not late today

It's been a day filled with history. More specifically, about Indigenous Americans and the migration westward. I've written a lot, so my hand is tired!
Reply 16
Original post by s_19969
11/01/24 I did biology flash card 2.0-3.3 absolutely finished today tmrw is an off day I pick one date here I won’t revise out of the week mine is friday

Hi. Hope you're doing alright since you last posted. I'm responding just in case you haven't revised/studied in a few days and if you have, this is just your reminder to keep going! :smile:
Reply 17
18/01/2024

Well it's been a week!

Yesterday I did vectors again. Now it's really starting to make sense. Also started learning about iteration.
Chemistry too. Did metallic bonding and other properties of structures and bonds. I already did the latter bit of that a few days ago so that was mainly revision.
Reply 18
19/01/2024... Late again

Back to Biology. Covered all that is on the exam board for the brain.
Maths, did iteration again and it's definitely made sense + bearings
Reply 19
20/01/2024 and 21/01/2024

Been slacking a bit but Maths and English Literature is primarily what I've been doing. Bearings completed, vectors mainly completed and now looking at An Inspector Calls & A Christmas Carol in depth again now that I've got revision guides.

Tomorrow is a new week, so that means a new start to study study study. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending