The Student Room Group

Labour MP Shahid Malik pledges that Allah will heIp Muslims overtake the Labour party

It's amazing that Labour are calling UKIP bigots as such when they have Medhi Hassan and Dianne Abbott. But lo and behold, Labour's first Muslim MP here wants Islam to conquer Labour within 20 years. Isn't about time we should be more suspicious to people like this and their invasion mentality instead of calling Farage a bigot?
[video="youtube;Ck1mWPFWv2E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck1mWPFWv2E[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I swear most labour MPs are like this though...? I mean, they're always trying to inject more women into parliament via the all-women short hair lists, surely they'd be trying the same thing with muslims? maybe not, who knows, maybe I'm assuming labour haven't changed since...hmm 2013~?
(edited 10 years ago)
Where in the video did he say that he wants Islam to conquer the Labour party?

I took it that he wanted to see a greater representation of muslims in the government, not some kind of takeover.
Reply 3
Ah listen to the scary music! He so scary!

This is someone who criticised the moderate Muslim Council of Britain for not attending Holocaust Memorial Day, and said Muslim teachers should not be allowed to wear the burka. To accuse him of any sort of radical views is absolute nonsense.

To save you from watching the video, he obviously says nothing like he "wants Islam to conquer Labour within 20 years". He says he's glad Muslim representation in Parliament is growing, joking that at the current rate, every MP will be Muslim! He adds that his real hope is that there will be 20 Muslim MPs, I'm guessing he's saying a rate that is rougly proportionate. He then says he thinks there will be a PM within 30 years who happens to share his faith.

I'm assuming no one here would fall for such moronic blatent propaganda anyway, but it's worth pointing out just in case.
Original post by SHallowvale
Where in the video did he say that he wants Islam to conquer the Labour party?

I took it that he wanted to see a greater representation of muslims in the government, not some kind of takeover.

he literally did say that "by this rate, all members of parliament will be muslims" though (at about 1:20secs)
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
he literally did say that "by this rate, all members of parliament will be muslims" though (at about 1:20secs)

Yes, but this doesn't mean that he wants Islam to conquer the Labour party.

I doubt every member of parliament will be a muslim at some point. Islam just isn't that big in the UK.

I doubt every member of parliament will be a muslim at some point. Islam just isn't that big in the UK.

ah so not the party, just the parliament altogether :tongue:
but don't worry I know this guy obviously doesn't represent the labour party and I was kidding around in my first post but obviously there are some people that want to vet the candidacies e.g. more women, more muslims(?), etc which is either good or bad depending on how you view things (personally I don't agree with it)
Reply 7
Original post by Mankytoes
Ah listen to the scary music! He so scary!

This is someone who criticised the moderate Muslim Council of Britain for not attending Holocaust Memorial Day, and said Muslim teachers should not be allowed to wear the burka. To accuse him of any sort of radical views is absolute nonsense.

To save you from watching the video, he obviously says nothing like he "wants Islam to conquer Labour within 20 years". He says he's glad Muslim representation in Parliament is growing, joking that at the current rate, every MP will be Muslim! He adds that his real hope is that there will be 20 Muslim MPs, I'm guessing he's saying a rate that is rougly proportionate. He then says he thinks there will be a PM within 30 years who happens to share his faith.

I'm assuming no one here would fall for such moronic blatent propaganda anyway, but it's worth pointing out just in case.

Erm, no. He calls on Allah to help Muslims overtake Labour. His whole conversation is about that.

Anyway, I knew Muslims would rush to this and try to explain this away. You simply cannot. This is the Islamist ideology entirely.
Reply 8

Lol? What video are you watching? Everybody is aware countless of Muslims have these views. This obsession with more control, power and dominance for Islam is active worldwide. Malik has the same islamist ideology. Religion was created to rule, to be spread, and thet all preach they'll rule the world one day. This is what we see around the world. So your taqiyyah will not work here.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Lol? What video are you watching? Everybody is aware countless of Muslims have these views. This obsession with more control, power and dominance for Islam is active worldwide. Malik has the same islamist ideology. Religion was created to rule, to be spread, and thet all preach they'll rule the world one day. This is what we see around the world. So your taqiyyah will not work here.

Do you have any evidence of this? Like, opinion polls or something?

Either way this is irrelavent: at what point in the video has he called upon Allah to help Muslims take over the Labour Party?

PS: I'm not a muslim or a 'muslim sympathiser'.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Erm, no. He calls on Allah to help Muslims overtake Labour. His whole conversation is about that.

Anyway, I knew Muslims would rush to this and try to explain this away. You simply cannot. This is the Islamist ideology entirely.

What's the point about lying about the content when you've posted the video? Write out the exact quote where he says he is calling on Allah to help Muslims overtake Labour. Most of it is talking about foreign aid spending, completely unrelated to what you wrote.

Ha, I'm about as far removed from being a Muslim as you can get. I just see the reality, not the right wing fear mongering. And if you don't think this is fear mongering- why the music? Why not just present the facts, if the facts prove your position?

I'm pretty sure he was joking when he said that.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
I'm pretty sure he was joking when he said that.

it really didn't seem "jokey", and especially not in the context of his sentence(s) surround the statement
it really didn't seem "jokey", and especially not in the context of his sentence(s) surround the statement

It did to me, especially because of the context and delivery of it. It would be far easier to tell without the stupid music and editing though.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
It did to me, especially because of the context and delivery of it. It would be far easier to tell without the stupid music and editing though.

You think he would joke about that? If he says somethin like that, he means. The trail of thought also counts as well.

Seriously? It was obviously a joke. He's saying first there was one Muslim MP, then two, then four- at this rate, they'll all be Muslims! It's like me saying "last week I found a fiver, today I found a tenner, at this rate in a years time I'll be a millionaire!". Obviously it's totally inconcievable that all MPs would be Muslims.

He immediately follows this by saying what he actually wants is 20 Muslim MPs, which is presumably roughly proportionate.
Original post by Mankytoes
Seriously? It was obviously a joke. He's saying first there was one Muslim MP, then two, then four- at this rate, they'll all be Muslims! It's like me saying "last week I found a fiver, today I found a tenner, at this rate in a years time I'll be a millionaire!". Obviously it's totally inconcievable that all MPs would be Muslims.

He immediately follows this by saying what he actually wants is 20 Muslim MPs, which is presumably roughly proportionate.

whatever you say, I at least hope he was kidding around :lol:
I'll take this with a pinch of salt I think. He's a difficult public speaker at the best of times (although credit to him for maintaining his splendid Yorkshire accent) and probably got a bit carried away, bless him. It's little different to Cameron promoting evangelical Christianity.

Both are reprehensible and unwelcome as far as I'm concerned. But neither are a serious problem.

It is clearly a joke. He is smiling as he says it and immediately follows it up by saying there should be 20 Muslim MPs (which would give Muslims roughly proportional representation in the Commons to how many there are in the country).

edit: whoops, didn't see Mankytoes' post.
Muslims can't even overtake a car on the freeway, how are they going to overtake a political party?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending