The Student Room Group

Help - physics uni choices - ucl vs edinburgh vs st andrews

Hi, I am a Scottish applicant and have been given a conditional offer for UCL for Physics, though I have a unconditional offer for Physics at Edinburgh and St Andrews. Though as I am Scottish and i receive free tuition fees this makes the choice much harder, as paying 9 grand a year is quite steep. (Though money is not that much of an issue and i'm not too bothered about having debt), so don't know whether to go to Edin/St. A's (can't decide between them, help?!) cos they are free or UCL for the slightly better overall prestige and reputation and for the fact that living in London would be awesome (Edinburgh too would be cool to live in as well). Also what uni is best for physics? Any input would be really appreciated, thanks a lot.
Reply 1
As a general rule for Scottish people, I'd say it would only be "worth" going to university in England if you're going to Oxford or Cambridge, maybe Imperial. Edinburgh, St Andrews and UCL all have a similar ranking for physics in general I'd say. You might want to consider which of the 3 has the most enjoyable course for you. Also visit the places too. UCL will also be way more expensive in terms of living costs too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending