The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think ethnicity or sexuality
Reply 2
I'm feeling really confident, just got to go over some bits from section b
Reply 3
How come you predict ethncity or sexuality?
Reply 4
Original post by iJess
I'm feeling really confident, just got to go over some bits from section b

Do you have any tips on how to write a good essay for section B?
Just to let everyone know, section A is a DVD. Not print, came into my college today. My media tutor is convinced it’s going to be the title sequence for a documentary.

What I was wondering was; what percentage of the final grade is exam based?

As coursework wise I’ve got an A and in all reality I think I’m going to get anything from a B-E in my exam/
Reply 6
Original post by turiga28

In all honesty not really. My media teacher said not to worry about structuring it with an intro and conclusion like an english essay, and to just jump straight in. On the opening line I basically answered the question then gave evidence and points to why with 5 different case studies. I got an A in the mock
Reply 7
Section A should be fine, it's just learning all of the facts for Section B which worries me

Posted from TSR Mobile
My media teacher says gender is very unlikely to come up (think it's come up 3 times?)

She predicted class/status, but I've got a feeling about disability...

For all those that don't know (as it's not up on the OCR website) Section A of the June 2013 paper was on regional identity.
Original post by turiga28

Intro and conclusion are a must.

Use topic sentences for each paragraph - have a clear focus/intention for each paragraph. Remember to consistently refer to your research/case studies!
Is anyone doing Video Games for Section B?
it is print based as it says on the OCR/WJEC website.
Reply 12
the exam is 40% and the coursework is 60%, class and disability are not representations! Ethnicity is and so is gender
Reply 13
I'm confused about this print stuff? I'm doing G322 and section A is a video clip from a TV show etc that you have to analyse using mise en scene, sound, camera shots & angles etc, are you doing a different exam to me?
Original post by Nerinom
the exam is 40% and the coursework is 60%, class and disability are not representations! Ethnicity is and so is gender

They all are.

There are 7 categories that have previously been in the representation question:

- Ethnicity
- Sexuality
- Class/status
- Physical ability/disability
- Regional identity
Reply 15
Original post by Zoelingua
They all are.

There are 7 categories that have previously been in the representation question:

- Ethnicity
- Sexuality
- Class/status
- Physical ability/disability
- Regional identity

Which papers did Disability and class come up I'm struggling to find them, thanks
Reply 16
Original post by iJess
I'm confused about this print stuff? I'm doing G322 and section A is a video clip from a TV show etc that you have to analyse using mise en scene, sound, camera shots & angles etc, are you doing a different exam to me?

With you here, this is the exam I'm taking not the print thing. What are you doing to revise for the exam?
SOMEONE HELP ME WITH SECTION B PLEAAASEE!
I've got all my case study stuff and i don't know what other people are doing but our school is doing Film and TV but i just don't get the questions

Like i need to do a past paper question and it says "evaluate how new technologies have been used in the products in your cross-media study" but what does EVALUATE mean. Like i get it but it's so open i just don't know what to say.
I understand it when it says things like "to what extent..." because then you know you can argue and discuss different media forms but evaluate means nothing to me. someone help!
Reply 18
Original post by 12hazza13
With you here, this is the exam I'm taking not the print thing. What are you doing to revise for the exam?

Oh phew haha. Basically we've done alot of section A past papers in class analyzing the clips, so I'm going to go over representations and make sure I know all my camera angles etc. For section B we are doing the film category so I've got my case studies sorted and need to practice questions of that too, hopefully I can write some good essays then will just be able to change it around in my head when it comes to the real exam question
Original post by Zoelingua
My media teacher says gender is very unlikely to come up (think it's come up 3 times?)

She predicted class/status, but I've got a feeling about disability...

For all those that don't know (as it's not up on the OCR website) Section A of the June 2013 paper was on regional identity.

because regional identity came up last year,do you think it will come up this year?What clip did they use last year?Do you know?

Latest

Trending

Trending