The Student Room Group

I feel bad about being black. Is this common?

Scroll to see replies

Lool you must be trolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Love yourself pls.
Lol don't let TSR influence your self-perception. Some of the people here, particularly the ones who make the sort of comments you've mentioned, are simply lacking in intelligence and common decency.

Original post by Green Marble
Wow a car driver and a rapist brawler

Exhibit A..
Original post by Aku-gila
Lol don't let TSR influence your self-perception. Some of the people here, particularly the ones who make the sort of comments you've mentioned, are simply lacking in intelligence and common decency.

Exhibit A..

Lewish Hamilton is a car driver and mike Tyson is a rapist and a has been made famous brawling. Have I missed anything ?
Lewish Hamilton is a car driver and mike Tyson is a rapist and a has been made famous brawling. Have I missed anything ?

Yes, namely the skill involved in their professions, and the other professionals mentioned earlier in this thread.
Original post by Shebbi
I don't really hate being black but often especially after perusing TSR I find myself wishing I was another race. Black people are often viewed as inferior in many things by other races around the world. We are seen as less intelligent because we have contributed least to human development and Africa is one of the less developed places on earth. They is even studies that show Black people to have a low IQ. Black females are viewed as unattractive by other races, which really depresses me as I'm mostly attracted to males outside my race. I often question the level of my intelligence despite the fact that I topped first at A-level in my school. I'm scared that after graduation, employers will always favour to employ someone of another gender and race than me. Basically, the only thing I have found to be proud off in being black, is my built, the fact that I was good at athletics in secondary school and hip pop music which I absolutely adore but it's not enough to combat all the inferiority I feel. Do you think I should just face up to the fact that black people are not equal to other races? Or am I being racist to my own race?:frown:

p.s Do you also think I'm stupid posting a question like this on TSR expecting sympathy...:redface: Please don't mock me. This the true touchy feely subject in my heart which I'm ashamed to admit in real life.

Don't let those ***** get to you. Their own intelligence is so low they have to find justification for why they're supposedly superior. This image sums it up well I think:

Your black is beautiful. Anyone who would see your skin colour as something that i as inferior isn't worth the time of day.

Being a black girl though i know there are many negative stereotypes (thanks a bunch to the mainstream media) to overcome, but don't let them limit your dreams and ambitions
Reply 47
Original post by DorianGrayism
She didn't say being black was unattractive.

Maybe not explicitly but it was most certainly inferred.

Subtext= The true meaning potently pouring through words.
Reply 48
Original post by Laomedeia
INFERIOR MY ARSE!!

LewisHamiltonPortrait.jpg
black_stig.jpg

Race aside, blacks kick ass!

53806_muhammad_ali_nokaut1.jpg
mike-tyson-ripped.jpg

Also a well known fact is that black people on average, have considerably larger nobs. To be honest I suspect your really a white bloke trying to insult *******.

You forgot J.E Russel who introduced the world to the creation of mobile phones, he holds 75+ patents.

There is more but am sleepy.

Mike Tyson as an example of positive African/Black achievement?

*Roll on floor laughing*.
Reply 49
@ The OP.

While I feel for you, do you do realize that such constant public episodes of specifically African people engaging in acts of self-flagellation further suggests such people are inferior?

TSR is a forum, and can not define anyone without their permission.

Try and enjoy your life ,it is the only one you have.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shebbi
I don't really hate being black but often especially after perusing TSR I find myself wishing I was another race. Black people are often viewed as inferior in many things by other races around the world. We are seen as less intelligent because we have contributed least to human development and Africa is one of the less developed places on earth. They is even studies that show Black people to have a low IQ. Black females are viewed as unattractive by other races, which really depresses me as I'm mostly attracted to males outside my race. I often question the level of my intelligence despite the fact that I topped first at A-level in my school. I'm scared that after graduation, employers will always favour to employ someone of another gender and race than me. Basically, the only thing I have found to be proud off in being black, is my built, the fact that I was good at athletics in secondary school and hip pop music which I absolutely adore but it's not enough to combat all the inferiority I feel. Do you think I should just face up to the fact that black people are not equal to other races? Or am I being racist to my own race?:frown:

p.s Do you also think I'm stupid posting a question like this on TSR expecting sympathy...:redface: Please don't mock me. This the true touchy feely subject in my heart which I'm ashamed to admit in real life.

1) It is the best time to be Black, less discrimination and racism and were not enslaved so we have no right to complain.
2) Who told you other races are not attracted to black girls it all depends o the individual and how you look; it's obviously easier that other black guys are attracted to you as you have more in common. You can always do more to better your appearance e.g. gym or change how you dress/style.
3) Black people equal to other races, who's been saying otherwise?
4) Black people haven't been doing well academically as they have not had the opportunities and were discriminated against. We don't have the same problems today. Nothing to do with race but educational activities.
5) You can't better the world but you can better yourself.
Original post by INFJ7
You forgot J.E Russel who introduced the world to the creation of mobile phones, he holds 75+ patents.

They was just some examples, I also meant blacks in general not just african ones. Tyson was awsome. Not as awsome as Ali maybe.
Original post by INFJ7

I am willing to bet J E Russel lives in a white country, speaks a white language and was educated by whites :rolleyes:
Don't be a stereotype.

That applies to everyone.
This is so sad. My niece is mixed race she's 5 and her mum overhead her talking to her dolls saying shes wishes her skin was like her mums ( white) and she was bad! Heart breaking. All because another little girl in her class said she was different infact she said dirty! Its horrific that what one person says can have such a knock on effect on you. I definitely don't believe black people have low IQ'S just ignore that BS if your going to read stuff like that look for the positive stuff instead!
Reply 55
What I love about stereotypes is that you can prove them wrong, so easily.
At this moment you need to learn to accept who you are and know that you cannot change who you are and you shouldn't want to.
Life is a wonderful thing and one of the greatest things about it is if you put your mind to something and try hard you can achieve it. So prove people wrong. As we progress the stereotype is fading slightly, as more and more black people get opportunities to show their talents to the wider world. So keep working hard, keep your head up, be confident and become one of those people a small black girl in 20 years time will look up and not have to feel the way you do..

Yes, the fact that they are both highly talented and successful individuals, obviously. Hamilton isn't just a "car driver", you genius, and it's beyond pathetic that you would, in light of the OP's insecurities, maliciously attempt to trivialise the achievements of black individuals to stick the knife in further.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
Yes, the fact that they are both highly talented and successful individuals, obviously. Hamilton isn't just a "car driver", you genius, and it's beyond pathetic that you would, in light of the OP's insecurities, maliciously attempt to trivialise the achievements of black individuals to stick the knife in further.

I do not really call being good at sport an achievement. Making contributions to the world in terms of technology, putting a man on the moon and creating great civilisations to me are notable achievements
I do not really call being good at sport an achievement. Making contributions to the world in terms of technology, putting a man on the moon and creating great civilisations to me are notable achievements

Contributions from black people to the world in terms of technology and science are not non-existent at all.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
Contributions from black people to the world in terms of technology and science are not non-existent at all.

Oh really they are not non-existent. Please tell me trans humanist the contributions of technology and science that are not non-existent from black people are any of them from Africa or are they all from blacks living in white societies having been educated by whites .... Out of interest ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending