The Student Room Group

Constantly lonely and motivationless

Hi,

I wasn't really sure whether I should make the post in mental health or relationships forum, but I think this one should be fine.

I am a person who always needs attention and it gets to the point where I literally sometimes message someone and say, 'can we please talk a bit im feeling kinda upsett' etc. No reply though LOL

The trouble is that I can't make friends easily -- I can make acquaintances, but not friends. I have like two, but they have very busy lifestyles. Others live in different parts of the country or abroad where I'm originally from, so they are usually the friends that keep me company. Quite a few friends (both local and not) only really talk to me when they need something, so it is hard to find people to talk to in those moments. Sometimes I just want to go out for a walk in the park, and everyone will find an excuse not to.

And so there's the problem -- I get really sad and lethargic if I don't get any attention, but I don't have friends. Pretty pathetic, but that's who I am. I can't make friends. I can't maintain friendships. Can't hold down hobbies. If I find myself an interest I lose it in about three weeks.

I'm in my AS year and I am one of those kids that are seen as smart, and its the only thing I can ever be proud of. And I've had my exams and I haven't revised much at all. I really, really have no motivation. And this lack of motivation is probably what keeps me with no interests and hobbies which would distract me from being lonely all the time. And I honestly don't know what to do.

I know this was very long LOL I just wanted to tell someone and see maybe someone else goes through this sometimes too, and maybe any of you know how I could help myself.
Reply 1
I'm almost exactly the same way. I had to just live with it, nothing I could do to change it. I just focussed on my studies and made sure I got out with top grades. I don't really have any advice to offer I'm afraid. Just stick with it, maybe you'll make friends soon or in the near future. Good luck.
Reply 2
As I read that, I thought, Oh Lord Jesus that describes me completely. Although, you might be a bit more extreme and LOL more than me...
See, my laziness is weird, most of the time, I'm too lazy to get a hobby, so I do school work instead. Or I okay my ds, depends which is closer. True, I do have periods of thought where I'm really motivates and I think 'yep, tomorrow, I shall do all sorts, the world can't stop me!' I wake up 'tomorrow' and think 'nah, what was I thinking?'
Maybe we just don like change.
GCSEs? Didn't revise for. Ended up watching 200 or so episodes of detective conan. Got 8As, 5A*s and a B in short course ICT (so doesn't really count)
AS levels, too lazy not to do work. I ran out of detective conan episodes and I really didn't fancy buying the books because that's a lot of money I don't have and too much effort to go out an find them.
God knows what's going to happen in the future.
The only hobby I've been able to keep up is singing very Wednesday, bit that's only because it's easy. If it were hard or I sounded awful, I wouldn't be doing it (that is not me saying I sound like Beyonc or Shania Twain. Though I like to keep my min open).
I don't think there is a cure for people like us. We just have to suck it up and live with it, much to our chagrin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I wasn't really sure whether I should make the post in mental health or relationships forum, but I think this one should be fine.

I am a person who always needs attention and it gets to the point where I literally sometimes message someone and say, 'can we please talk a bit im feeling kinda upsett' etc. No reply though LOL

The trouble is that I can't make friends easily -- I can make acquaintances, but not friends. I have like two, but they have very busy lifestyles. Others live in different parts of the country or abroad where I'm originally from, so they are usually the friends that keep me company. Quite a few friends (both local and not) only really talk to me when they need something, so it is hard to find people to talk to in those moments. Sometimes I just want to go out for a walk in the park, and everyone will find an excuse not to.

And so there's the problem -- I get really sad and lethargic if I don't get any attention, but I don't have friends. Pretty pathetic, but that's who I am. I can't make friends. I can't maintain friendships. Can't hold down hobbies. If I find myself an interest I lose it in about three weeks.

I'm in my AS year and I am one of those kids that are seen as smart, and its the only thing I can ever be proud of. And I've had my exams and I haven't revised much at all. I really, really have no motivation. And this lack of motivation is probably what keeps me with no interests and hobbies which would distract me from being lonely all the time. And I honestly don't know what to do.

I know this was very long LOL I just wanted to tell someone and see maybe someone else goes through this sometimes too, and maybe any of you know how I could help myself.

you must see this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4yMz0TAdK4

Quick Reply

Latest