The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

i have no idea what i'm doing any more, it's like i'm living two lives - public sarah (actively trying to overcome things) and private sarah (still trying to further her bad ambitions) and i don't know whether i'm more public or private atm. all i know is that i wanna make the most of my placement next week, so i cant be fainting and collapsing everywhere, but at the same time the thought of reversing all this hard work terrifies me so i'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Reply 781
After waiting months for an appointment with a new psychiatrist it has now been cancelled for the fourth time. It is getting beyond a joke. I am starting to think my file from the hospital says that I am scum and deserve to be left rotting in the gutter they left me in.

If it weren't for the fact I was in rehab and have a support worker to motivate me I would have just given up by now and waited until I had my next episode and got dragged away kicking and screaming.

They complain that you don't seek help early on but make it impossible to do so. My illness is life altering and at times, life threatening and yet it is near impossible to get the help needed.
Original post by Jay84
After waiting months for an appointment with a new psychiatrist it has now been cancelled for the fourth time. It is getting beyond a joke. I am starting to think my file from the hospital says that I am scum and deserve to be left rotting in the gutter they left me in.

If it weren't for the fact I was in rehab and have a support worker to motivate me I would have just given up by now and waited until I had my next episode and got dragged away kicking and screaming.

They complain that you don't seek help early on but make it impossible to do so. My illness is life altering and at times, life threatening and yet it is near impossible to get the help needed.

That's pretty awful. Can they not get you to see a different psychiatrist instead, if that one keeps becoming unavailable?
Reply 783
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That's pretty awful. Can they not get you to see a different psychiatrist instead, if that one keeps becoming unavailable?

I think this was a different one. They said it was due to doctor sickness. I just can't understand how it keeps happening. I think there must be more to it than meets the eye. I think someone is ****ing with me or something.

I am now failing to see the point of even pursuing it. They have never helped anyway. I have a better chance buying psychotropic drugs off my own back and trying to get myself stable then relying on them. Either that or moving abroad or living under a new identity so I have a clean record. I thought coming here would help but everything is connected so they know who I am and I'll get the same treatment wherever.
(edited 9 years ago)
In library, just about to start practice paper and suddenly feel anxious for no reason :s-smilie: :colonhash:
Just urgh.
Really cant cope with all this anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is currently my brain...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1401311372.551323.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
so upset and triggered. whimpering and crying in ball on floor
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I posted a thread as well but it didn't go through yet. Does anyone have experience of applying for extenuating circumstances at university for anxiety? One of my parents was diagnosed with cancer at the start of this term, and since I have been really quite bad. I went to the doctors today and she gave me a letter to hand to the university. On it she wrote that I was suffering from "severe anxiety secondary to some very difficult life events". She listed some symptoms and concluded "I would be very grateful if you could take these significant issues into consideration".

Will severe anxiety and my family issues be taken as extenuating circumstances?

What can I expect, if they do accept?

Thanks.

Thread is now up if you have any input :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2695683
Reply 789
Original post by PandaWho
Just urgh.
Really cant cope with all this anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Hope you're ok :smile:

Original post by purple-duck
In library, just about to start practice paper and suddenly feel anxious for no reason :s-smilie: :colonhash:

Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by purple-duck

Aww :frown: Did you do it in the end? Hope you feel better now :yep:

-----

Decided to have a bath for a change to try and calm myself down a bit, but used the wrong soap stuff and had an allergic reaction/came out in a rash, then went in the shower to wash it off and had an asthma attack after going from warm to cold too quick. Not my brightest ever move, and still no calmer than I was to start with :unimpressed:

To Panda and Scary- hope you're both ok! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
massively panicking so distressed :'( not sure what to do. want to go out and lie on ground and cry but don't want anyone to see. not feeling very safe and all sorts of things whizzing through mind
Hi, I posted a thread as well but it didn't go through yet. Does anyone have experience of applying for extenuating circumstances at university for anxiety? One of my parents was diagnosed with cancer at the start of this term, and since I have been really quite bad. I went to the doctors today and she gave me a letter to hand to the university. On it she wrote that I was suffering from "severe anxiety secondary to some very difficult life events". She listed some symptoms and concluded "I would be very grateful if you could take these significant issues into consideration".

Will severe anxiety and my family issues be taken as extenuating circumstances?

What can I expect, if they do accept?

Thanks.

I'm in the process of applying for extenuating circs for anxiety atm. They should accept it. (I've been having pretty horrific anxiety and panic attacks every three weeks...)
Sat having a hissy fit because i cant work out how to to a stitch in knitting :frown:

and im very confused iv been quoted in another thred iv never posted in with something iv said in here, and theyv replied the same thing idd socks said but its not socky :s-smilie:
Original post by .snowflake.
I'm in the process of applying for extenuating circs for anxiety atm. They should accept it. (I've been having pretty horrific anxiety and panic attacks every three weeks...)

Thanks for the reply. I'm just really nervous they won't take it.

Do you know what sort of action they can take if they do accept?
I have no idea chick. Mines more so the department knows I'm not well, and that I'm on prescription medication for it.

Do you know what sort of action they can take if they do accept?

I don't know what uni you're at but at Oxford (where I did my undergrad), I'm pretty sure people with anxiety issues are (subject to approval from "the powers that be") allowed to sit their exams in isolation, rather than having to sit cooped up in the uber-scary exam building with everyone else :yes:
Reply 797
depression is back in a big way, feel utterly utterly awful and it's starting to show every day. soon people will notice and they will all hate me again
Original post by matt h
depression is back in a big way, feel utterly utterly awful and it's starting to show every day. soon people will notice and they will all hate me again

If they hate you for having a mental illness then theres something wrong with them not you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
Original post by PandaWho
If they hate you for having a mental illness then theres something wrong with them not you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, it's just me being paranoid... but i made them so afraid, and fear pushes people away... i've spent so long trying to regain trust and friendship and i feel that's going to break... yesterday i lay catatonic for two hours with fear and self loathing and saddness and now i just keep crying and having to hide in my room

Latest