The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

Can anxiety just get so bad that it cancels itself out? Starting to get that about my two exams tomorrow. To the point where I just don't care. Maybe trying to protect myself? Meh :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
FFS.
Am on placement atm so was planning on taking a bit of a break to focus but I just had some news that I'm really quite upset about now.
The person in control of student counselling at my uni just got in touch with me to tell me my counsellor was no longer working with them, leaving me without an assigned counsellor.
WHAT.
This was obviously planned. We obviously got along. I was obviously needing support. And yet my counsellor doesn't find it in her heart to tell me herself???
This is the second time this has happened to me, and the second time I've been left floundering in a bad place without uni support.
More than anything, it makes me doubt whether I'm sick at all. I must not be, if it's ok to keep on doing this to me. I must not be sick enough to deserve on going help.
Why do they keep rejecting me??? We were getting along so well...
:cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I'm sure they went better than you thought they did :hugs: I've had two out of eleven so far, got none this week though fortunately. Good luck tomorrow! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you :hugs: how are you feeling about them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
Can anxiety just get so bad that it cancels itself out? Starting to get that about my two exams tomorrow. To the point where I just don't care. Maybe trying to protect myself? Meh :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had that recently. Totally lost motivation at work and in degree and now care so little that i could drop out tomorrow and feel totally carefree. Think my body is too exhausted to worry about it any more so it's just shut down my responsibility.
Original post by ScaryScience
Good luck hun - keep going and don't lose faith. I always thought my A level exams were disastrous, but I always did better than I thought. :hugs:

Thank you, that's definitely given me some hope :h: They are just so draining. How are you?

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Good luck! I've done 1 and got 5 more to go.

Thank you! Best of luck to you :smile: which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
I've had that recently. Totally lost motivation at work and in degree and now care so little that i could drop out tomorrow and feel totally carefree. Think my body is too exhausted to worry about it any more so it's just shut down my responsibility.

I feel the same. I hope you feel better about it all soon, because you can do it :smile: PM me if you wanna vent or anything :hugs:
Just feel so drained. Fell asleep for like an hour before dinner so got no revision done for tomorrow yet. Better get going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

Well. that exam went better than I thought it was going to!

Oh no, what a pity. Any chance you are able to take a week out or two?
Thank you, that's definitely given me some hope :h: They are just so draining. How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One for maths, Two for Biology A2 and Two for Physics A2

You? :h:
Original post by purple-duck
3 out of 9 exams down!!! :redface: Went better than expected, and found that I've stopped getting so anxious in the exam? Still need to be careful/it's horrible before it, but at least it isn't acting against me while I'm in there.

Think I answered enough to pass - and now I just have 1/4 need-to-pass exams left! Currently feeling quite relieved/good :smile: Think having exams is giving me something productive to do + anxiety kinda distracts from it, so not feeling that down atm! (opposite to what I thought I'd be like/what I was like the week before!)

:hugs: Hope things improve soon, remember you can always PM me/people :redface:

Just thought I'd send :hugs: read your post from earlier and I think you're being too hard on yourself about it :redface:
[I'm not technically a christian any more (I'd like to still be :colondollar:), but just remember that he forgives you!! Why? Because you're a lovely lovely person who he loves very much, even if mistakes or whatever happens! :hugs: (okay that sounds odd from someone who says they're not a christian, but :s-smilie:)]

I know God loves me but it's just I make stupid decisions are even though he is merciful I still extort his grace. I get in situations which exacerbate my anxiety too with people who don't care about me.
Original post by Team_McDreamy
FFS.
Am on placement atm so was planning on taking a bit of a break to focus but I just had some news that I'm really quite upset about now.
The person in control of student counselling at my uni just got in touch with me to tell me my counsellor was no longer working with them, leaving me without an assigned counsellor.
WHAT.
This was obviously planned. We obviously got along. I was obviously needing support. And yet my counsellor doesn't find it in her heart to tell me herself???
This is the second time this has happened to me, and the second time I've been left floundering in a bad place without uni support.
More than anything, it makes me doubt whether I'm sick at all. I must not be, if it's ok to keep on doing this to me. I must not be sick enough to deserve on going help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really feel for you :console: I've been abandoned like that several times this year, and just 'let go' by people and it's absolutely horrible. It's not a personal thing however hard it is to accept. (don't think I've fully accepted that tbh) - just think of everything else who was seen by her, who is now in the same situation. Probably not much consolation though. There must be some other support they can put in place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's a draining process :sadnod: You'll get there though and it will be over sooner than you think. I always found GCSE and A level exams 'weird' and like you can never fully prepare for the stupid questions that are thrown at you. :console:
I feel terrible. just shake this depression off me for a second. hurting so much. I hate this. don't know what to do. brain isn't functioning properly. :cry2:
Super-excited right now, might have an awesome weekend! And I learned! :biggrin:
I feel another major depressive episode coming on. Just when I thought I was away from depression and only suffering from anxiety now. Oh well.

Life feels a bit pointless right now, like I have plenty to live for but hardly get any satisfaction from life any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel another major depressive episode coming on. Just when I thought I was away from depression and only suffering from anxiety now. Oh well.

Life feels a bit pointless right now, like I have plenty to live for but hardly get any satisfaction from life any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phone the drs! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
FFS.
WHAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun, that's such a ****ty thing to happen. It's not your fault at all. You ARE ill and you ARE def a good person - it's just your counsellor was clearly a ****ing coward :mad:

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
:hugs: I always get myself in these situations though and as a Christian it doesn't help. It's almost saying God's love isn't enough. I'm probably just a horrible person. Just need prayers just in case.

You're amazing though and don't deserve anything you're going through.

You're not horrible at all! Everyone wants to feel loved and needed and people search for that in different ways. Sometimes those ways aren't healthy, whether it's getting into situations that hurt us (you) or clinging onto the past like it might somehow change something (me) :sadnod:

Original post by tasha96
Camp went well, caught the flu, impressed the first aid guy, aced my assesment, accepted an unconditional offer at my first choice college, missed my train, bought a cake and am currently on another train home.

:afraid:

Busy weekend! :tongue:

You save me some cake?! :teeth:

Thanks for all your texts earlier. Sorry if I scared you :frown:
Original post by PandaWho
Phone the drs! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be there tomorrow at midday and gonna make an appointment ASAP. Honestly feel like a repeat of last summer I coming on where I was at my worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cry2:
Reply 1199
Original post by tasha96
:cry2:

What's wrong Natasha.

Latest