The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I've quoted you twice because I realised you replied. You're lovely. Don't forget that. Is there anyway you could get away even for a couple of days during the summer? :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs: Not really, sadly. I'm going to try and think of nice days out soon though, even if I am by myself :s-smilie: How are you?
Had some awful awful dreams last night :frown: need to wake up properly. Got so much to do! Gotta pop to tescos aswell. Urgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
:hugs:

Iv found you in dog form!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1401964605.559721.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Iv found you in dog form!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1401964605.559721.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: You would not believe the size of my tea collection. :tongue:
Reply 1584
Original post by democracyforum
Does anyone else feel that living in a foreign country would just solve all your problems ?

Even if I was a binman, or even in a homeless shelter, for some reason I just know I would feel better, mentally, if it was just anywhere but in Britain. I feel so insecure and inferior living in this country.

Do this mentality make any sense ?

I kinda feel like this too! Not really feeling inferior in this country. But more that I would be able to start afresh...
Original post by james1211
I had nightmares too :/

:hugs: hope you feel better soon. They are rather painful sometimes, aren't they? :cry2:

:hugs: howa things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999

Things are good, I've done some knitting, fed the mice, drank some coffee and replied to a few MH threads. Think I'll do some studying next, I'm onto part 2 of my first OT handbook, and just finished studying cells in my anatomy book. :dance:

You feeling any better now you've woken up a bit? :console:
Reply 1587
Feeling empty today. I'm meeting a friend in a bit and as soon as I agreed I wish I had just said no :sigh:.

I hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:.
Original post by luno
Feeling empty today. I'm meeting a friend in a bit and as soon as I agreed I wish I had just said no :sigh:.

I hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:.

:console: Hopefully it'll go better than you expect. Maybe suggest doing something more active where there's less talking, or go to the cinema with them?
Reply 1589
:console: Hopefully it'll go better than you expect. Maybe suggest doing something more active where there's less talking, or go to the cinema with them?

I think we're going shopping and getting a coffee. I'll probably let her do most of the talking. But I am used to pretending so I can talk and laugh if I have to.

Question about tea! Do you have a favourite type?

How are you today?
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I love Alton Towers! Did you enjoy it? We used to go several times a year but it's too expensive now. We mainly went to have a picnic in the actual towers but £50ish now seems a bit much for a fancy picnic :wink:

Feeling much better today. Have an awful headache but gf is being much nicer today. I'm alone with her parents all day so I'm going to fake nap to avoid having to be social.

I sort of did, I don't like heights or going upside down though so my choice of rides was limited :tongue: Tbh the most fun we had was our adventure outside the park :lol: oo wow! You probably know it well then? Did you have a season ticket or something? :smile: Haha! Possibly :tongue:

Good :smile: Glad things have settled a bit, fake-napping sounds good - hope your headache clears up soon though! Would not-fake-nap help at all?

Original post by ScaryScience
Thanks hun :hugs: They've always been like it - I thought our relationship had improved since I'd been at uni though, but it's SO hard right now :cry2: I hope that your parents don't nag too much! :hugs:
I'm not sure, not really. I'm actually allergic to cats so don't like to get too near :lol:
Hope you slept well and have a good day today - take it easy :lovehug:

Oh :frown: Hoping work/days away give you some space then :console: Are there any nice walks near you to escape to/along? Thanks, they shouldn't be too bad - though I don't have a job for the summer and so they've planned tons of work around the garden/house for me to do :s-smilie: Just need to find some good escap-y places :redface:

Ah okay - that probably isn't the best suggestion then :tongue: :/
Thanks, hope you got some sleep in the end? Unfortunately taken this morning far too relaxed - now to work like crazy for tomorrow :colondollar:
I'm good, been doing some knitting. :smile: And funny you should ask, I've just been fantasising about my morning cup of coffee - might have to go make one now. :drool:

How's work going, you feeling alright about it at the moment?

How did i know you'd be thinking about coffee :drool:

Funny you should mention work - i just got involved in a new project at work and the colleagues on the job are so judgemental and offensive it's unbelievable. The second I open my mouth about anything they're straight on me taking the p*ss out of me. It really gets to me. I'm so glad I only have three more months here.
Original post by luno
I think we're going shopping and getting a coffee. I'll probably let her do most of the talking. But I am used to pretending so I can talk and laugh if I have to.

Question about tea! Do you have a favourite type?

How are you today?

:hugs: You shouldn't have to pretend to be happy, if you're feeling down then there's nothing wrong with expressing that. :nah:

Absolute favourite is Darjeeling, but I have a million and one other teas that I enjoy too. :tea:

I'm good, feeling productive and full of beans (coffee beans, as you might have guessed :tongue:).

How did i know you'd be thinking about coffee :drool:

Funny you should mention work - i just got involved in a new project at work and the colleagues on the job are so judgemental and offensive it's unbelievable. The second I open my mouth about anything they're straight on me taking the p*ss out of me. It really gets to me. I'm so glad I only have three more months here.

Because I'm conscious? :tongue:

Eurgh, they sound awful. Do you feel up to confronting them about it? :console: You're really good at your job and an awesome person to boot, so I don't know what they can find to laugh at about you. :hugs:
Because I'm conscious? :tongue:

Eurgh, they sound awful. Do you feel up to confronting them about it? :console: You're really good at your job and an awesome person to boot, so I don't know what they can find to laugh at about you. :hugs:

Hehe :tongue: i should be recieving my Waitrose card soon - free coffee once a day every day just for showing it!!

They are. One is the other placement student who is an engineer and has a massive ego - pretty much loves himself and always plays off the other womans sarcasm and insults. I don't have the energy or interest to get involved in their petty points scoring crap. I know deep down i'm good at this job but it's hard to keep enthusiasm for a job when everyone around you hates theirs and seeks to drag everyone else down with them.

Earlier we were visiting site for design purposes and they told me there was a 3 week design period (which is so short it's almost not achievable) and i literally just replied with "seriously?" in amazement and all i got back was "well duuuhhh obviously, we're just saying it for the fun of it, none of this is real, are you stupid?". :indiff:
Original post by purple-duck
I sort of did, I don't like heights or going upside down though so my choice of rides was limited :tongue: Tbh the most fun we had was our adventure outside the park :lol: oo wow! You probably know it well then? Did you have a season ticket or something? :smile: Haha! Possibly :tongue:

Good :smile: Glad things have settled a bit, fake-napping sounds good - hope your headache clears up soon though! Would not-fake-nap help at all?

Oh :frown: Hoping work/days away give you some space then :console: Are there any nice walks near you to escape to/along? Thanks, they shouldn't be too bad - though I don't have a job for the summer and so they've planned tons of work around the garden/house for me to do :s-smilie: Just need to find some good escap-y places :redface:

Ah okay - that probably isn't the best suggestion then :tongue: :/
Thanks, hope you got some sleep in the end? Unfortunately taken this morning far too relaxed - now to work like crazy for tomorrow :colondollar:

Nah, no season ticket sadly :frown: I might get one next year though - since pretty much everyone around us works at Towers it's easy for us to get cheaper tickets so that helps. My favourite town to travel to is Uttoxeter (I like getting on the bus when I need to just be alone) and to get there the bus stops at Alton Towers and I have to fight every urge to not roll off the bus to go and run around. I don't like the rides either tbh. I hate my tummy going over so I'm a bit stuck when I go!

Might have a little nap soon. gf's mum just provided me with a tasty ham sandwich and a cup of tea so I'm good and tomorrow I'm taking my sister out for a big fancy afternoon tea. Starting to feel much more normal today. How're you doing?
Hehe :tongue: i should be recieving my Waitrose card soon - free coffee once a day every day just for showing it!!

They are. One is the other placement student who is an engineer and has a massive ego - pretty much loves himself and always plays off the other womans sarcasm and insults. I don't have the energy or interest to get involved in their petty points scoring crap. I know deep down i'm good at this job but it's hard to keep enthusiasm for a job when everyone around you hates theirs and seeks to drag everyone else down with them.

Earlier we were visiting site for design purposes and they told me there was a 3 week design period (which is so short it's almost not achievable) and i literally just replied with "seriously?" in amazement and all i got back was "well duuuhhh obviously, we're just saying it for the fun of it, none of this is real, are you stupid?". :indiff:

COFFEE!!! I have an Ikea card that gets me free coffee on weekdays - I'd totally never trek all the way out to Ikea just for the coffee. :ninja:

Perhaps you ought to adopt the Superwolf Official Technique for Annoying the **** out of People. Follows: be incredibly, sincerely, passionately nice to people. Always see their point of view. Use phrases like 'I understand what you're saying, but...' or 'wow, that's really insightful. My take on that would be ____'. Be so nice and understanding that they can't possibly accept that you're serious. Invite them out for drinks knowing that they'll never ever say yes (I once spent a whole week telling my roommate how awesome it would be for us to go on holiday together - the panic in her eyes was incredible :lol:). I guarantee you that it will drive them insane. :mwuaha:
COFFEE!!! I have an Ikea card that gets me free coffee on weekdays - I'd totally never trek all the way out to Ikea just for the coffee. :ninja:

Perhaps you ought to adopt the Superwolf Official Technique for Annoying the **** out of People. Follows: be incredibly, sincerely, passionately nice to people. Always see their point of view. Use phrases like 'I understand what you're saying, but...' or 'wow, that's really insightful. My take on that would be ____'. Be so nice and understanding that they can't possibly accept that you're serious. Invite them out for drinks knowing that they'll never ever say yes (I once spent a whole week telling my roommate how awesome it would be for us to go on holiday together - the panic in her eyes was incredible :lol:). I guarantee you that it will drive them insane. :mwuaha:

I take it it's good then :tongue:

Oh my that sounds hilarious :lol: i love the part about telling them how great a holiday with them would be :rofl: i may have to adopt some of these :ninja:
Just woke up :eek: must have been extra tired :/ I think the fact I'm hungry doesn't help my motivation :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take it it's good then :tongue:

Oh my that sounds hilarious :lol: i love the part about telling them how great a holiday with them would be :rofl: i may have to adopt some of these :ninja:

It's not bad coffee, but its main attraction is that it's free. :tongue:

It was awesome. The important part is to always keep a straight face. Be sincere. Be a genuinely nice person who always sees the other person's point of view. Trust me, there's no way your opponent can win when faced with this strategy. At best they can reach a draw by being equally nice (in which case, win:win), at worst they'll resort to physical violence and you can get them fired. :tongue:

And the best part is, the more ridiculous and pigheaded the person is, the better this strategy works on them.
Original post by Odd socks
Just woke up :eek: must have been extra tired :/ I think the fact I'm hungry doesn't help my motivation :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Motivate yourself to go make a bacon sarnie. :tongue:

Latest