The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

we just had to phone & tweet Argos to try & figure out why they haven't delivered our fryer yet, hopefully one avenue gets action!
Original post by SciFiRory
oh dear, that's awful, I'm so sorry to hear they are like that, not what you need at all! I hope you are okay, huge hugs! :hugs: you have any summer plans or anything to get out for a bit at all? :jumphug:

Thank you :hugs: I have work but not a lot else. Going to try swimming maybe. I don't know if I have the energy for anything. My heart feels broken :sigh:
Original post by ScaryScience
Thank you :hugs: I have work but not a lot else. Going to try swimming maybe. I don't know if I have the energy for anything. My heart feels broken :sigh:

:hugs: swimming or something sounds good, just might help you to get out of the house to do something to take your mind off things, so sorry your parents are like that, you don't deserve that at all! :hugs:
*cry*

Any tips on getting rid of anxiety during exams? I had it for the first time today.
I'm past all the complaining about it but I don't want it to be an issue for the other 10.

I've been banned (requested not naughty) for a bit so sorry for any forgotten replies and I hope you all are okay.
Original post by keromedic
*cry*

Any tips on getting rid of anxiety during exams? I had it for the first time today.
I'm past all the complaining about it but I don't want it to be an issue for the other 10.

I've been banned (requested not naughty) for a bit so sorry for any forgotten replies and I hope you all are okay.

:console: Exams bring out the worst in us. Try and do something you enjoy like watch an episode of a TV show to cheer yourself up. Also remind yourself that it will be over soon and you can only do your best! Try talking to your friends about it as they can comfort you and provide a temporary distraction from exam stress, I find that a fifteen minute phone call with my best friends always cheers me up in no time.
Original post by keromedic
*cry*

Possible short term solution: Maybe try Paul McKenna's book "I Can Make You Smarter", it has a CD on it for exam confidence.

Longer term: In general, I'll recommend mindfulness, and the book "Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World" by Mark Williams & Danny Penman is a good start. I suppose cognitive behavioural therapy might help long term as well. "Change Your Thinking With CBT" by Dr. Sarah Edelman is thorough.

The best thing to do is to make a commitment to take time out to practise these things. When you want to change something (aka being in a better state during performance or exams), it's best not to be too hard on yourself and to realize that any change takes time and is incremental. See if you can praise yourself for progress rather than get angry at yourself that you haven't yet achieved a 'perfect outcome' - this will facilitate the change.

All the best!
I`m so ****ing tired of myself. I`m sure no one would like me if they could see me through my eyes. Usually I`m fine cause I surrender myself with friends but every evening/night when I have just my own company I feel soo lonely. Gah, what am I gonna do next year at Uni?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402088002.337941.jpg
Gahhhhh hard parts now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
theyre right. I am ugly :frown: cant bear to be me
Original post by Anonymous
I`m so ****ing tired of myself. I`m sure no one would like me if they could see me through my eyes. Usually I`m fine cause I surrender myself with friends but every evening/night when I have just my own company I feel soo lonely. Gah, what am I gonna do next year at Uni?

:hugs: :console: :hugs:

theyre right. I am ugly :frown: cant bear to be me

Not at all lovely! Don't listen to them. They are SO wrong! :yep: :fuhrer: :mob:
Hi I've never posted on a thread like this before, but I've had mental health for 4/5 years now.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: :console: :hugs:

Not at all lovely! Don't listen to them. They are SO wrong! :yep: :fuhrer: :mob:

:cry2: I dunno. thanks though. hope you are ok :hugs:
Original post by Porridge510
Hi I've never posted on a thread like this before, but I've had mental health for 4/5 years now.

Welcome! Sorry to hear of what brings you hear, but glad you found us! :smile:

:cry2: I dunno. thanks though. hope you are ok :hugs:

Hey, what do I keep telling you?!?! Don't argue with the girl with the Oxford degree :tongue: :security: :tongue:

:lovehug:
Welcome! Sorry to hear of what brings you hear, but glad you found us! :smile:

Hey, what do I keep telling you?!?! Don't argue with the girl with the Oxford degree :tongue: :security: :tongue:

:lovehug:

Thank you. :smile:
How is everyone? :smile:

No worries! I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd btw! :hi:

I'm a bit ill atm. Just recovering from a nasty week :frown: How are things with you? :h:

:hugs: I hope you're having a good night.

I am watching Orange is the New Black
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
:hugs: I hope you're having a good night.

I am watching Orange is the New Black

Ooh I've been meaning to start watching that, might watch an episode tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries! I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd btw! :hi:

I'm a bit ill atm. Just recovering from a nasty week :frown: How are things with you? :h:

Hi. :smile: It's so nice to meet you Shan. :smile: I'm Amy.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown: I hope this week is better for you. :frown:
I'm not exactly sure how I feel atm,
I've been really stressed out and my moods are up and down.
Hi. :smile: It's so nice to meet you Shan. :smile: I'm Amy.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown: I hope this week is better for you. :frown:
I'm not exactly sure how I feel atm,
I've been really stressed out and my moods are up and down.

Sorry you've been stressed out, Amy :console: Is it about school/uni exams? Or something else on your mind? :frown:
Hello! Anxiety has been high lately. I think I have epilepsy, and I'm scared of having another seizure. I want to get checked out by at least a GP, possibly also a neurologist or epileptologist, but my parents are reluctant because they think that it'd be a social and employment stigma, it'd stop me from learning to drive, and it'd mean high doses of medications that might have side effects.

Latest