Well done everyone, we survived :biggrin:

I needed 32, with 5 5 5 higher for Kings in London, got 39 points;

chemistry hl ; 6
biology hl ; 6
psychology hl ; 6
english sl ; 6
spanish ab sl ; 6
maths studies sl ; 7
ee; A (full marks nonetheless! :biggrin:)
TOK; C - our 'new' teacher let our whole class down it seems! but tis only tok :biggrin:

So happy, seems I can have medicine as my back up for nursing now which seems unreal!

Good luck to everyone for the future and try not to stress over a couple points missed with unis, most understand I'm told :smile:
Reply 181
I missed getting a 45 by one mark on my TOK essay... met my Oxford offer though, so I'm happy nonetheless
Original post by Robyn-io
Well done everyone, we survived :biggrin:

I needed 32, with 5 5 5 higher for Kings in London, got 39 points;

chemistry hl ; 6
biology hl ; 6
psychology hl ; 6
english sl ; 6
spanish ab sl ; 6
maths studies sl ; 7
ee; A (full marks nonetheless! :biggrin:)
TOK; C - our 'new' teacher let our whole class down it seems! but tis only tok :biggrin:

So happy, seems I can have medicine as my back up for nursing now which seems unreal!

Good luck to everyone for the future and try not to stress over a couple points missed with unis, most understand I'm told :smile:

So are you going to reapply for medicine or just continue through with nursing?

I got 39 last year which was a HUGE shock to me as I never expected to get so high
(edited 9 years ago)
i got 36
slightly disappointed as i could have done a lot better BUT it was just enough for my first choice which was Warwick
1% off of a 7 in History , not sure whether I should get it remarked
Original post by ibwillnotkillme
i got 36
slightly disappointed as i could have done a lot better BUT it was just enough for my first choice which was Warwick
1% off of a 7 in History , not sure whether I should get it remarked

Yesyesyes! History is so subjective that it's very likely to go up to a 7
Reply 185
Hey guys. Glad we did it! Finally can call ourselves IB survivors. Fuhh.

Anyway, here are my grades

Chemistry HL 6
English HL 7
Biology HL 6
Malay SL 6
Business and management SL7
Mathematics SL 6

TOK A
English EE B

Gives me a total of 41 points.

Will be pursuing dentistry in Cardiff if God wills! :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by CaliGirl67
Hi guys, sorry first post *bear with me!

I was predicted 35 and I got 29! Which was a big shock, considering the time and effort I put in. I also didn't get into my first choice ( exceter) or my insurance ( Lancaster ) because of the significant drop in my marks. And it seems to be the same case in my school with on average people dropping 4-9 points! I don't really understand it? Where the marks really hard this year? As the exceptional people still did very well but then everyone below 40 got 4-9 points worse? I'm not sure if this is a national thing or just a local thing? Though the teachers haven't given us a breakdown of our marks yet. But I was basically wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and how they're dealing with it? :smile: hope everyone else did better though x

i'm in a similar situation! my results are about 4 points off from my firm (rhul) offer and 2 points from my insurance (essex) - i called them both up and they told me to send my results in and wait. did you get rejected from your choices straight away? because my track hasn't been updated yet - meaning they havent rejected me yet - which gives me a bit of hope! im an international student, so hoping they might be a bit more lenient with me :frown:
Reply 187
Original post by mostvplayer
Well, I was predicted a 43 and got a 37, so that was a big shock for me too. 6 points less is a lot! Among my peers, most people have had big drops as well, regardless of whether they were predicted 40+ or less. Seems like its a hard year :frown: I haven't met either of my offers either, I am sending in stuff for remarks and will call the universities for now. Its tough!

how far off were you from your offers if you dont mind me asking? and what did your unis tell you? im in a similar situation for my unis and am really scared haha :frown:
Original post by mieztro
i'm in a similar situation! my results are about 4 points off from my firm (rhul) offer and 2 points from my insurance (essex) - i called them both up and they told me to send my results in and wait. did you get rejected from your choices straight away? because my track hasn't been updated yet - meaning they havent rejected me yet - which gives me a bit of hope! im an international student, so hoping they might be a bit more lenient with me :frown:

My brother went to RHUL! They asked him for 33 and he got 30 and he still got in. He called them as you did and sent the results and they accepted him.
So good luck to you, you still have a decent chance of getting in. A classmate of his got 28-29 points instead of 33 and they let him in also. Its entirely up to the university, its never 100% certain but still looking good!
Original post by Smileymils
I was only 1 mark off a 6 in english and a 7 in history- shall I mention that the bath uni when I call? I am getting both remarked.

I don't think it matters... but they'll most probably have to wait with their decision until you know your regraded results anyway
Original post by Delciate
Thanks. I've been walking around the house muttering 'three blasted points' under my breath. Needless to say, I'm worrying the family...

Ah well, what's done is done. There's always Biomed at UCL :smile:

(I'm trying so hard to look on the bright side, I might as well be desperately staring straight at the sun and smiling through the pain..)

There's also Biomed at SGUL and then the option of doing a 3 year conversion/bridging course and getting the MBBS ... :smile: If I were you I'd contact SGUL and ask them if they really care about that subject for one (and toot the fact that you scored above the requirement in other areas) ... if they really do care, 3 points is worth a re-mark imo .. esp if it's a subjective subject!
Reply 191
Original post by GMU10
I missed getting a 45 by one mark on my TOK essay... met my Oxford offer though, so I'm happy nonetheless

I missed getting a 45 by 1 mark too! (6 in english sl)
Reply 192
Original post by IBsurvivor23
My brother went to RHUL! They asked him for 33 and he got 30 and he still got in. He called them as you did and sent the results and they accepted him.
So good luck to you, you still have a decent chance of getting in. A classmate of his got 28-29 points instead of 33 and they let him in also. Its entirely up to the university, its never 100% certain but still looking good!

ahh okay that makes me feel better - guess it depends on how many spaces they have too. fingers crossed then!! thanks :smile:
I am not sure about my getting in. Do you thing it is the right thing to call them tomorrow? Is it gonna help me to get in?
Good luck to you

I called them and they said that even if I missed my offer by a few points they will still consider me. I also sent them an e-mail with my grades and explaining why I'd like to get a place in their university. It is not guaranteed that they'll take you, you just show interest and motivation, which is really good I think :wink: I guess it'll also depend on how many places they need to cover, etc etc. Good luck!!! :biggrin:
You never know! Always stay positive and don't give up! I think ringing them is the best option! Good luck to you as well! I'm sure you'll get into your insurance!

Aghhh, I really hope so, I rang them already and they said they'll consider me!! Fingers crossed!!! :biggrin: Thank you, good luck to you too!!! :smile:
I am so gutted! On 3 of my subjects I missed 1 mark to get a 7! And on Spanish I only missed 2 for a 7!! Shall I remark them all?
Original post by GMU10

Congrats on making it into Oxford - you should be really proud of yourself :yy:
are anyone else's school's having a shock with their English results? everyone at our school got lower than expected and everyone aiming for a 7 either got a 5 or a low 6. i know that happens with inexperienced schools but our school is very experienced in the IB and gets good marks in English - but this year everyone that had been getting 7s in mocks and practice essays suddenly got very low scores? (in my practice for Paper 2s i'd been getting scores in the 20s - but for the exam I suddenly got a 14? what happened there?)
Original post by mnina19
are anyone else's school's having a shock with their English results? everyone at our school got lower than expected and everyone aiming for a 7 either got a 5 or a low 6. i know that happens with inexperienced schools but our school is very experienced in the IB and gets good marks in English - but this year everyone that had been getting 7s in mocks and practice essays suddenly got very low scores? (in my practice for Paper 2s i'd been getting scores in the 20s - but for the exam I suddenly got a 14? what happened there?)

Everyone in my English Literature class (8 of us) met our predicted :\
Reply 199
Original post by mnina19

Yes, exactly the same situation at my school too :frown:
Also big issues with HL maths - same thing...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending