The Student Room Group

IB subject selection

Hi, I am just gonna state my IB subject selection here and it would be nice if you guys could maybe give me your opinion on it.
HL- English B, Psychology, Chemistry
SL- Math AI, German Lang & Lit SST, Performing Arts
It fulfils the IB requirements, but whether it’s a good subject selection depends on what you want to study at university
what do you want to study at uni? science bases? Im am a may 2024 ib graduate and am absolutely failing chem. you you dont NEED to take it, don't!
Original post by Lalelalu
Hi, I am just gonna state my IB subject selection here and it would be nice if you guys could maybe give me your opinion on it.
HL- English B, Psychology, Chemistry
SL- Math AI, German Lang & Lit SST, Performing Arts

Hey, IB 2021 graduate here. As mentioned by someone else, it depends on what you want to do after IB, and you tailor your subject accordingly. I had taken HL chemistry too, and while it was tough, if you keep up with the syllabus and practice, you will be fine. I know other students who took SL Math AI, and they found it fairly easy, so if you're comfortable with that, then that's amazing!
Reply 4
Original post by formyschoolUNI
what do you want to study at uni? science bases? Im am a may 2024 ib graduate and am absolutely failing chem. you you dont NEED to take it, don't!

Hi, yea I want to go into science, either forensic or pharmaceutical science….

In that case it might be worth considering taking either maths or biology at HL. For example, Manchester ask for HL Chem with one of Maths or Bio HL for pharmacy and two sciences at HL, “normally Biology and Chemistry” for pharmacology. Just make sure that your subjects meet the requirements for the universities you’re interested in. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
In that case it might be worth considering taking either maths or biology at HL. For example, Manchester ask for HL Chem with one of Maths or Bio HL for pharmacy and two sciences at HL, “normally Biology and Chemistry” for pharmacology. Just make sure that your subjects meet the requirements for the universities you’re interested in. Good luck!

Yea I have seen as well that most universities require that but unfortunately my school doesn’t really like us to change so late in the year. But I really have to speak to them about my subject choices
Yea I have seen as well that most universities require that but unfortunately my school doesn’t really like us to change so late in the year. But I really have to speak to them about my subject choices

Oh I see sorry I hadn’t realised you’d already started the diploma. Good luck with everything!

Have you looked up the IB entry requirements on appropriate course pages on any Uni websites .....?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending