The Student Room Group

Women should walk outside topless.

Scroll to see replies

(edited 9 years ago)
I believe women should be allowed to be topless in public. I fully support it.
Tbh if you can't differentiate in your mind a women breastfeeding a baby and breasts in a sexualised situation then.....:s-smilie:

I mean the women should show some consideration, it isn't hard to mostly cover up with a small blanket, or discreetly have the baby/breast mostly under clothing. Most women do this anyway, after all as much as you dislike seeing a breast with a baby covering the nipple, which is probably the more sexualised area anyway when it comes to what isn't revealed in public, the women doesn't exactly want random guys trying to stare at her breast while she's feeding her baby. The woman has every right to breastfeed their child, I mean ffs sake it's why breasts exist. I mean seriously how messed up can society have gotten when daring to naturally feed your offspring is deemed sexual/inappropriate. Yes they could express it into a bottle, and some do, but expressing milk is quite a time consuming task, when they could just y'know...feed it normally.

Like I say, I'm not saying its totally fine for a women to take her top off, throw her bra on the floor, and stand in the street with a baby on one breast and the other hanging out. But a women sitting in a cafe with her baby discreetly feeding it, what's the issue? Okay maybe at a certain angle you can see some breast, but not more than a girl with a low cut top out clubbing, or wearing a bikini 3 sizes too small for her on the beach. Then if you do...why are you now staring at and being offended? By...some visible breast flesh..which you're now choosing to stare at, which will be gone in a few minutes.oh shock horror. I'd rather that then some baby screaming its head off..
(edited 9 years ago)
eurgh please no....

The amount of disgusting, obese, floppy, rancid boobs you'd see day to day.....

Not to mention granny boobs, makes me wanna spew :argh:
Nah am alright
Reply 65
not a proper comparison, the breasts are seen as a sexual part of a womans body so exposing it would degrade them and be indecent exposure.

a closer comparison would be that and a guy showing his genitals.
Original post by slade p
not a proper comparison, the breasts are seen as a sexual part of a womans body so exposing it would degrade them and be indecent exposure.

a closer comparison would be that and a guy showing his genitals.

But this is exactly the point. There is no reason to see breasts as sexual, so lets stop. Ready? 3-2-1- done: they're no longer sexual.

Its that simple. Topless women is now as normal as a topless bloke.
Reply 67
Original post by cole-slaw
But this is exactly the point. There is no reason to see breasts as sexual, so lets stop. Ready? 3-2-1- done: they're no longer sexual.

Its that simple. Topless women is now as normal as a topless bloke.

that's not realistic, breasts being seen as sexual is ingrained into men so saying it should not be seen like that is not realistic.
Original post by slade p
that's not realistic, breasts being seen as sexual is ingrained into men so saying it should not be seen like that is not realistic.

its completely realistic.

Other cultures don't see them as sexual, so it is in no way unavoidable. We only do in the western world because we keep repeating to ourselves that they are sexual. If we just stopped repeating that, then we would get over it. Its a self fulfilling prophecy.
OP sounds like a nun.
Reply 70
Original post by cole-slaw
its completely realistic.

Other cultures don't see them as sexual, so it is in no way unavoidable. We only do in the western world because we keep repeating to ourselves that they are sexual. If we just stopped repeating that, then we would get over it. Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

but we do see it as sexual so you can't just change that mindset since it is something which has become natural to us. you can't force people to not see it as sexual as well obviously so they won't by themselves not see it as sexual.

us men would love it if they could and would walk around topless, it would be very satisfying visually and arousing but it would be indecent exposure since we see it as sexual and cannot simply not view it as such and cannot be forced too.
Original post by slade p
but we do see it as sexual so you can't just change that mindset since it is something which has become natural to us. you can't force people to not see it as sexual as well obviously so they won't by themselves not see it as sexual.

us men would love it if they could and would walk around topless, it would be very satisfying visually and arousing but it would be indecent exposure since we see it as sexual and cannot simply not view it as such and cannot be forced too.

We used to think of women's legs as sexual and it was indecent for any women to show their legs - not even their ankles.

Then we changed our minds, and now its absolutely normal to see women's bare legs.

Give me one good reason why the same thing couldn't happen with breasts.
Original post by the-black-lotus
And maybe women should be allowed to walk around topless if they want in the same way that men can. The point is that breastfeeding is very important to a baby's development and women don't get their whole breasts out to put them on show, they're simply doing something that is entirely natural and shouldn't be forced to do so in a toilet.

Taking a **** is natural, does that mean I should have the right to take a **** in the street?
why not?

i don't think it's innate to disapprove, just some conservative morality...(the attitude not the party/Cameron).
Original post by lonttt530
Taking a **** is natural, does that mean I should have the right to take a **** in the street?

Oh the logic of TSR. Toilets were designed for people to take ****s in, not for breastfeeding in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending