The Student Room Group

Need help! Planning to study engineering abroad

Hi! This is a rather long post and so please bear with me.
I am currently in Year 12 and will graduate by next June. I have taken my IGCSE and will take AS level this winter and A level next summer.

I believe I should apply to universities by the end of this year, right? The problem is that I'm currently 15 years old, meaning that I would be applying at the age of 15 and entering university by 16. Is this ok or will universities reject me for being too young?

I would also want advice on what university or country I should go to. I am planning to study engineering, most likely chemical. I do not have a large budget for university, so I have been considering several EU countries like Germany, Netherlands. However, I am not able to speak their native language (German, etc.) and most universities offer courses only in their native language. What would be the most logical option for me? Are there good universities with low fees that teach in English? I am willing to study foreign language, but unfortunately in my country there aren't much language courses.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or advices on my situation. Sorry for making such a long post.

IGCSE Results:
6 A*( Eng[1st lang] Bio, Chem, Maths, Add. Maths, Indonesian[2nd lang] )
Waiting for Phy and Chinese[2nd lang] results

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending