The Student Room Group

Aren't the police corrupt?

Does anybody really trust the police these days? Aren't most of them corrupt, like that Denzel Washington film "Training Day"? :tongue:

Let's say two people got burgled. One was a hot 25 year old lady. The other a 50 fifty year old bachelor. Would Joe police officer treat both cases equally? **** would he. He'd do a FAR more professional job for the 25 year old. Why? Because he reckons that he might get some poon-ani in return, if he's nice to her and he's lucky. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if the majorlty of police officers were like this! One reason why we should privatise the police force! :biggrin: :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not really "corrupt" in the commn sense of the word

Are police human? Yes.

As such you get some bad apples and a good few good ones.
numero sept

I wouldn't be surprised if the majorlty of police officers were like this! One reason why we should privatise the police force! :biggrin: :cool:

You could always hire...

Lawz-
Not really "corrupt" in the commn sense of the word

Are police human? Yes.

As such you get some bad apples and a good few good ones.

They are corrupt, in the "common sense of the word".

Look at that case in East London, or even the Stephen Lawrence case!

Private police would do a FAR superior job.
Reply 4
They are human beings just like everyone else. Nothing can be perfect when we're involved. There's always ********s everywhere, in everything, even the army. Your example of this "corruption" is what an individual would do, and i bet loads of people on here would end up going for the "hot" girl but some would do it evenly, you're not Police though but some would do the same thing. And there are a lot that would be fair. It is exactly like Religion, Religion is not the problem, the problem is the people.

And people come on and say ra ra ra arnt the police terrible, but infact they do a fantastic ****en job, i'll tell you what, i'd rather live with them than without. Looking in your side you're an Anarchist, says it all really.

The biggest problem is the media, they are the biggest ********s in our society, they destroy people, they destroy governments, systems, services, you name it. One little thing they exploit into something massive and really make people out to be what they are not, i have first hand experience of this in the media. And with the Police they destroy their reputation, and you know what, normal people read it believe it go around slagging whoever off, another example is the media destroyed my football team once, they destroyed the manager and a couple of players, for what? So they could have their ****en story, and the public jump on the media's bandwagon. Terrorism is another thing, they've twisted in the press to create racial hatred towards muslims, and supress their community.

Their will always be minor things that happen, a couple of major, whether that be in the army, the police, teachers. And what happens, BANG the media blow it up and people actually believe that the whole thing is corrupt and terrible.
KingKev
They are human beings just like everyone else. Nothing can be perfect when we're involved. There's always ********s everywhere, in everything, even the army. Your example of this "corruption" is what an individual would do, and i bet loads of people on here would end up going for the "hot" girl but some would do it evenly, you're not Police though but some would do the same thing. And there are a lot that would be fair. It is exactly like Religion, Religion is not the problem, the problem is the people.

**** would they. The police are under remits to treat everyone equally.

And people come on and say ra ra ra arnt the police terrible, but infact they do a fantastic ****en job, i'll tell you what, i'd rather live with them than without. Looking in your side you're an Anarchist, says it all really.

They ARE terrible!

The biggest problem is the media, they are the biggest ********s in our society, they destroy people, they destroy governments, systems, services, you name it. One little thing they exploit into something massive and really make people out to be what they are not, i have first hand experience of this in the media. And with the Police they destroy their reputation, and you know what, normal people read it believe it go around slagging whoever off, another example is the media destroyed my football team once, they destroyed the manager and a couple of players, for what? So they could have their ****en story, and the public jump on the media's bandwagon. Terrorism is another thing, they've twisted in the press to create racial hatred towards muslims, and supress their community.

Their will always be minor things that happen, a couple of major, whether that be in the army, the police, teachers. And what happens, BANG the media blow it up and people actually believe that the whole thing is corrupt and terrible.

It's got nothing to do with "the media". If anything, it's the media's JOB to highlight bad goings on in the police!

Prior to Steven Lawrence, ALL police forces in Britain were institutionally racist! A black man joining the police is like a black man joining the KKK!:rolleyes:
Reply 6
My brothers a copper, and he's one of the most upstanding people I know, prior to joining he also served in the armed forces and was put in many situations where he had to disregard his own safety for the benifit of others.
I don't think you really know what your going on about.

Any way your an anachiast, your views are obviously going to be biased towards a job that requires intereference with individual liberties.

Go make some Mayday posters or something, your boring.
Reply 7
numero sept
They are corrupt, in the "common sense of the word".

Look at that case in East London, or even the Stephen Lawrence case!

Because private security would be doing it for altruistic motives obviously...they'd also of course have the same amount of accountability...:rolleyes:
Reply 8
numero sept

HA!
the police are being privatised actualy but can you just imagine private traffic police with the power to take away your car and charge you while they keep it and to get it back. It will be like traffic wardens on steroids.
numero sept
Does anybody really trust the police these days? Aren't most of them corrupt, like that Denzel Washington film "Training Day"?

Oh goodie, am I allowed to cite 24 in arguments? :biggrin:
Reply 10
There are 'pockets' of corruption in the Police Force that have been exposed - e.g. "Institutionalised racism", but overall I would trust them with most things.
srb23
My brothers a copper, and he's one of the most upstanding people I know, prior to joining he also served in the armed forces and was put in many situations where he had to disregard his own safety for the benifit of others.
I don't think you really know what your going on about.

An exception to the rule, blud.

Because private security would be doing it for altruistic motives obviously...they'd also of course have the same amount of accountability..

Wrong! The free market would penalise those police forces that were corrupt and would promote better service.

HA!
the police are being privatised actualy but can you just imagine private traffic police with the power to take away your car and charge you while they keep it and to get it back.

Why the heck not?! Again, the market would sort it out.
Reply 12
The Police are a law unto themselves and have departed from their traditional role in society.

The Police are more militant now than ever before with their quasi-military uniforms and total lack of unaccountability for their actions. The Police forget that they are answerable to the public - the Met especially - condemning decisions to investigate them and engaging in blatant attempts to protect their own position.

I think the major problem is the time of people who become police officers. People with an inflated opinion of themselves, often straight out of school with little experience of life. A private Police force would not change any of these issues, what is needed is a revolution in the way Britain is policed.

Please let me say, I am not anti-police, but I do detest the way they carry out their job, having been on the recieving end of police intimidation (as a witness to police violence).
Reply 13
numero sept

Why the heck not?! Again, the market would sort it out.

No it wouldnt but you should be a politician, New Fabians or Green Cons, either lot seems to agree with you.
Reply 14
numero sept
Does anybody really trust the police these days? Aren't most of them corrupt, like that Denzel Washington film "Training Day"? :tongue:

Let's say two people got burgled. One was a hot 25 year old lady. The other a 50 fifty year old bachelor. Would Joe police officer treat both cases equally? **** would he. He'd do a FAR more professional job for the 25 year old. Why? Because he reckons that he might get some poon-ani in return, if he's nice to her and he's lucky. :rolleyes:

That's not REALLY corrupt in the taking money for favour sense.

There are, however, institutional pressures on police officers that makes them act in ways we wouldn't like them to. So the police is institutionally racist, and institutionally corrupt in the sense that power corrupts (in the old fashioned meaning of corrupt = impure).
numero sept

Wrong! The free market would penalise those police forces that were corrupt and would promote better service.

Yes, in much the same way that Silverlink are SOO much better than British Rail :rolleyes:
alasdair_R
That's not REALLY corrupt in the taking money for favour sense.

What?

There are, however, institutional pressures on police officers that makes them act in ways we wouldn't like them to. So the police is institutionally racist, and institutionally corrupt in the sense that power corrupts (in the old fashioned meaning of corrupt = impure).

So that still makes them corrupt, dingbat.
Andronicus Comnenus
Yes, in much the same way that Silverlink are SOO much better than British Rail :rolleyes:

Yes, as in happens in any market!
Reply 18
Face it. We're humans and we're not perfect.

Private police, or public police, then it would not matter, for then both would be "corrupt" in your case - "in the 'common sense of the word'".
LpLex
Face it. We're humans and we're not perfect.

Huh? You join the police, you follow the rules. Period.

Private police, or public police, then it would not matter, for then both would be "corrupt" in your case - "in the 'common sense of the word'".

Private police would be subject to market forces.

Latest

Trending

Trending