The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Renal
Do you think Joe Bloggs would have had the excuse?

If Joe Bloggs could have explained why he was driving at 159mph, then maybe he would have been let off.

I'm not saying that it was right, it certainly wasn't legal, but the policeman in question had a fairly valid reason to do it. I for one would not like to see a policeman learning how to handle a high powered car at speed when it's 'for real'.

There are off-road provisions for training police officers in high-speed car driving, specifically to avoid danger to civilian road users.

http://www.kent.police.uk/Training%20and%20facilities/Courses/Driving/Level%201%20%26%20Level%202%20HO.html

According to my parents, Princess Anne had no excuse for driving in excess of 120 mph in her new Reliant Schimitar - other than she was a royal.

If we are expected to abide by rules and regulations, the one's doing the imposing should be setting the example, not abusing their positions.
jpowell
No, not all police are corrupt. End of story.

That's what they want you to think.
I have a friend who did one week of work experience with our local police, and he heard a few anecdotes while he was there, from officers proudly reminiscing over some of the peoples heads theyd had the pleasure of kicking in whilst they 'resisted arrest'
The guy who he was shadowing apparantly kept parking on double-yellow lines, remarking "I'm the police, whos going to arrest me" :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending