The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
just spent £30 on Disney DVDs... that's allowed, right? self care and all that?

Yup :tongue: I spent nearly that on buying Animal Crossing for my Nintendo DS the other day because I had the old one and it really helped relax me (can't wait for it to get here)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Yup :tongue: I spent nearly that on buying Animal Crossing for my Nintendo DS the other day because I had the old one and it really helped relax me (can't wait for it to get here)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gooood :tongue: Yeah I'm the same, recently dug out my DS and bought some sims games for it... haven't played them yet though. I had a really awesome and relaxing game called Soul Bubbles but it doesn't work any more :sad:
Again i find myself not wanting to do anything, even though i have a long list of things to watch and read. The tremors/shakes are also back, i thought i had sorted them out but nope. Why do i want to just sit and do nothing all the time? :s-smilie: I'm sick and tired of doing nothing, but i don't have the strength to change.

I've just had a flashback of something i used to do that was very troubling, back when i was like 8 years old, and it wasn't a one off either. I wish my parents had someone other than me, all i do is waste away while others have to painfully watch, they deserve someone better than me.
Reply 183
Gooood :tongue: Yeah I'm the same, recently dug out my DS and bought some sims games for it... haven't played them yet though. I had a really awesome and relaxing game called Soul Bubbles but it doesn't work any more :sad:

I think it was first year of uni i was feeling down and homesick and bought all the films i had on video as a kid on DVD :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I say give it a full month or two, assuming the sessions are like once a week, which i think is pretty normal. You have nothing to lose from trying it, and a lot to gain :smile: It doesn't work for everyone, but i think everyone can get something from it, even if its small things.

I've been dumped through finding out they've slept with someone, or just being blanked entirely, along with some being a bit nicer about it. Eh. I guess if it was easy it wouldn't be worth it, or something.

I still don't get why you have so much trouble, a lot of things don't make much sense to me when it comes to relationships.

I don't really get it either, guess there's just something wrong with me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't really get it either, guess there's just something wrong with me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if there is, any half decent person would see there are many more things right with you :smile: :hugs:

Looking at adorable pictures of animals on imgur, currently it's the only thing that is helping me to not lose it.
Original post by PandaWho
I think it was first year of uni i was feeling down and homesick and bought all the films i had on video as a kid on DVD :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I think there's just a need to feel comforted or something. I think I need escapism, or for it to feel like I'm young again, without this horrible illness lingering over me. I even ordered a Harry Potter book today in the hope that I can escape my life for just a bit. Trying to think of strategies to cope before uni again :smile: How are you hun? :hugs:
Survived today. Can't believe I spent so many months fearing the worst :o:

Welcome to newbies and hugs to all, esp Jay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Yeah, I think there's just a need to feel comforted or something. I think I need escapism, or for it to feel like I'm young again, without this horrible illness lingering over me. I even ordered a Harry Potter book today in the hope that I can escape my life for just a bit. Trying to think of strategies to cope before uni again :smile: How are you hun? :hugs:

Movies deffinately aid escapism :yep:
Do you have like an ultimate fave film you always loved as a child? I had Drop dead Fred so bought that and still watch it now as it reminds me of being a little kid with no care in the world :smile:
You can so manage this year i promise :smile:

Im ok, getting cramps and still have work to do. Just want it over with now :frown:
:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lovehug: was thinking of you today, glad it was okay!

Original post by PandaWho
Movies deffinately aid escapism :yep:
Do you have like an ultimate fave film you always loved as a child? I had Drop dead Fred so bought that and still watch it now as it reminds me of being a little kid with no care in the world :smile:
You can so manage this year i promise :smile:

Im ok, getting cramps and still have work to do. Just want it over with now :frown:
:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm I'm not sure really, I was never much of a film person but find myself embarrassingly engrossed in Disney films now :colondollar: But I love things that remind you of being younger, it's the best :smile: Thanks hun, I really really hope it's bit better than last year. I'm a lot wiser now (unfortunately not in science, which is what I went for, but oh well :tongue: ) so I'm hoping it will be better.
Sorry to hear that :frown: I know it's so overwhelming, at least the finish line is in sight though :smile: You're doing so well to keep going with this, I promise you it will be worth it in the end :jumphug:
Reply 190
:lovehug: was thinking of you today, glad it was okay!

Hmm I'm not sure really, I was never much of a film person but find myself embarrassingly engrossed in Disney films now :colondollar: But I love things that remind you of being younger, it's the best :smile: Thanks hun, I really really hope it's bit better than last year. I'm a lot wiser now (unfortunately not in science, which is what I went for, but oh well :tongue: ) so I'm hoping it will be better.
Sorry to hear that :frown: I know it's so overwhelming, at least the finish line is in sight though :smile: You're doing so well to keep going with this, I promise you it will be worth it in the end :jumphug:

I hate films cos i cant sit still but theres 3 or 4 from my child hood i love :smile:
Thinking back drop dead fred is basically about a lass who sees this person that aint real!

But you passed last year so i KNOW you can do it again :smile:

Yep got tomorrow thats it! I better pass! Id quite like to graduate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

All my love and prayers. :jumphug:

I think what I like about animal crossing, in addition to how relaxing it is, is how I can be completely in control of my life in it. I can just go fishing or make my house pretty or have a garden without any annoying responsibilities.

Even if there is, any half decent person would see there are many more things right with you :smile: :hugs:

Looking at adorable pictures of animals on imgur, currently it's the only thing that is helping me to not lose it.

Hmm, wish I could find that person :frown: starting to feel like it'll never happen. Everyone back home is in relationships :/
I think what I like about animal crossing, in addition to how relaxing it is, is how I can be completely in control of my life in it. I can just go fishing or make my house pretty or have a garden without any annoying responsibilities.

Hmm, wish I could find that person :frown: starting to feel like it'll never happen. Everyone back home is in relationships :/

Yeah, similar for a lot of my friends, they have a job and a relationship, and have done for a while. Meanwhile i'm struggling to search for jobs or leave the house...
Hat finished.... now to turn it into a reflective cookie monster hat.... :colone:
lauraaaaa
Tehe no actually I've never called one penelope! I know what one of my new ones will be called now :lol: and oh same, I'm so neat about school work but my room is like a legit bomb site! and I know, I had to buy extra ****ty pens so that when someone asked me to borrow one I didn't have to give them one of my nice named ones up

Haha I know people never care if I'm late replying, but I always feel bad about it, if that makes sense? I'll forever be apologising because I feel bad for lots of things hah.

I don't know what's actually wrong with me, my throat is sore and dry and my chest is really tight/painful so I'm thinking it's a chest infection! Couldn't come at a worse time though because I'm going to the Harry potter studios tour tomorrow and then I'm busy on Thursday and Friday so can't go to the doctors :/ just have to see how it goes! And YES like the only time of my own I have is in the shower or whatever and I'm very much a person who likes my own space if ya know what I mean? I am also missing the family holiday because it's in October and BOY am I glad about that!

And YES! That is EXACTLY it. Every time they come upstairs I'm like 'please don't want anything cos I cba to function and talk and do stuff'. They don't leave the door open so much anymore because I kept shouting at them about it ahah.

Hope you're doing well, I'm feeling more rubbish ...but I'm going home today :')

Sorry for taking an age to reply :/ Maybe not so relevant now, but I hope not :redface:

I feel honoured to have inspired the name for one of your pens :biggrin: Been packing/organising stationary for next year yesterday, not sure whether to bring all the nice stuff, or just what I’m likely to need… :beard: Haha :tongue: Glad I’m not alone with that then :lol: Though while each note/piece of paper is neat I’m afraid they’re all disorganised until after my exams :rolleyes: Haha :tongue: This just reminds me of David Mitchell’s 3 point pen policy :colondollar: (Would I Lie to You on TV :smile:)
I’ll just hide from this :colondollar: You really needn’t apologise though :nah:
I hope you’re feeling a bit better now? :hugs: How was Harry Potter?! :biggrin: Yep :redface: Def understand! Parents away on holiday from tomorrow, but sadly only got 2-3 days by myself, before auntie + cousin + some of their friends come to stay in the house :unimpressed: They’ve been told to give me space by parents, but I’m not sure they will to the extent I’d like (i.e. act completely as if I’m not there :colondollar: :redface:)
Haha, I’m too timid I think to properly tell them to close the door :tongue: It feels like a semi-unreasonable thing to get stroppy about, even if I do inside :tongue:
I’m going down hill unfortunately since being ill, but :dontknow: How’re you now? :smile:

furryface12
Most people seem to be, i'm just weird I think I could have done but our barrels were right behind me, but ahh well, I survived even though everyone told me I couldn't!
Not too much, went to the beach and things and it was with friends so that was good. Was really really really worried beforehand and didn't want to go but it turned out well so definitely glad I did
I've seen more recently than I did when I was little I think, aristocats was my mum's though so I do remember that! I agree that pixar is better though...
Evenings are always the worst I'm alright, not had the best couple of weeks and last night really wasn't good but other than being absolutely shattered seem to be a bit better today which is good. Worried about results though

Sorry for the late reply D: :hide:
:colondollar: Ah okay :redface: You did! Should be very proud :smile: :hugs:
Ah nice beach is good :gah: oo good :smile: Get that myself with a fair few things :s-smilie: Anxious and then it all turns out fine :h:
I’m possibly the opposite :tongue: In that we watched a fair few classics when we were younger (jungle book, lion king, others :dontknow: :biggrin:) but nowadays I think the only ones I’ve watched have been tangled and frozen! :eek: Definitely :yep:
Yeah :s-smilie: OH How did they go? :smile: I think I remember you posting but I can’t remember :s-smilie: (Sorry :eek:)

Original post by samba
In.

:woo: You doing okay? :smile:
Also I completely understood all that football talk…. :creep: :ninja:

Original post by Rosasaurr
lol I feel like this thread should be my new home =/

:hi:
Welcome! :biggrin: :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
Long-standing anon. no 1 here... :wavey: Do I still hold that title?

:woo:
And the answer is yes, yes I do... I'm not sure what this says about the amount of time I spend on the interwebs...

:erm: :tongue: Just pure dedication :yep:

Original post by forborall
I think I may be depressed....But then I don't like therapists, I feel like I can't be myself. I've been OK for a while, but then practically everyday, I feel like I'm not in the social loop. I post a lot on many sites about this, and people get confused/perplexed, but then to me it's the source of all of my problems. I know that life is not perfect, but then I'm 28 and never had a gf before. And it's because I'm not in the social loop, and I don't know what all others did to get into it.

I have a lot of goals, but then there are a few things preventing me from being in the happy medium. I haven't really had friends since I was about 16, sounds really weird/****ed up/pathetic, but then I don't get what I'm doing wrong. If I could just get a social circle/gf, then things would be OK, I can take the rough with the smooth (as IMHO we must as humans).

The thing is though is that I do yoga twice a week, and i'm kind of casual friends with the teacher. she's near my age, but she said once in class she became a yoga teacher because she got depressed and yoga saved her life. I want to ask her how she did it to overcome it, but it's a personal thing to ask. We got on OK, but then well yeah..it's personal, don't want to offend her. The thing is that I to be honest fear therapy, because i've had some bad experiences with it in the past, and it in all honesty confuses me. I've read some therapy stuff online, and they say "smile" or "be respectful!" but then I find most my age don't smile. I just wish sometimes (well often) that I would have got the tools in life as a teenager. Then I could have gone to uni, got a gf, and well....meh...

I don't have things as bad as others here do, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But then I know that people must help themselves, and I think by learning how to get knowledge and progress, I can be OK.

tl;dr

To suffice, I just want to:

- Learn the tools from long ago to get on/get gf
- Know if it's acceptable to ask my yoga teacher how she used it to get herself better
- I fear therapy, since I cannot be myself without being judged, even for things that aren't considered mental disorders. As an example, when I was 21, I told them I spent a day playing an online game and they said it's "not normal, and mentally abnormal". So it was normal for millions of other 21 years olds (and is today), but not for me lol..

Thanks for reading. This is why I posted in the other grand thread about knowledge...I know it's difficult to explain or comprehend, but then it's just how I feel.

I’m not entirely sure how my replies going to be, I think probably quite random/not particularly coherent/here there and everywhere :colondollar: So apologies in advance :colondollar: :redface:
From how I see it I don’t think it’s the most helpful way to hold these “social skills”/being in the loop/this “knowledge” in such high regard (if I understand you correctly) No-one really suddenly learns things, as others have said in the last thread people just gradually pick things up on trial and error, I don’t know :s-smilie: I realise that that might not be very helpful… :s-smilie:
On gf I guess it might be a bad way to think of things that if you had a gf it would solve everything, I can’t say for certain as I’ve never had a gf either, and while I’m sure having a partner really does help, (unfortunately) I don’t think that it protects one from everything/makes everything better. At least not necessarily.
It isn’t pathetic! I’m sorry you’ve felt lonely for so long :console:
Yoga teacher-ness I’m afraid I don’t really know what to advise :s-smilie: I guess if she ever mentioned it then sure check if she’s okay to talk to you about it/give advice, but I’m not sure how I’d go about asking properly myself. Not sure.
Not good to think of things as “not as bad” (even if I do it myself :colondollar: :redface:) they’re still issues/problems you’re facing, so it’s still important for you to get help and such :smile:
That sounds like a pretty rubbish therapist who told you it was “mentally abnormal” to play a game for a day imo at least :tongue: I wouldn’t say it’s completely normal in that most people probably don’t do it, but there’s still plenty of people that do, both frequently and infrequently (:innocent: :redface:)
Have you seen a doctor about things at all? Sounds as though things are affecting your mental health, and it’s important you get help :smile:

Original post by iloveteddy14
omg i am so pleased with myself yesterday i purchased a keyboard for my kindle and its working perfectly i find it so much easier to use than before and quicker to send emails just have to get used to it

Love gadgets like that :biggrin: I’m guessing a kindle fire/touch screen thing? :redface:

Thanks so much to everyone for your messages of support last night. You guys are amazing.

Sorry they were useless :s-smilie: But glad you’re safe :hugs:

Original post by Team_McDreamy
twiddle twiddle twiddle
love my tangle toy, helps when i find my hands in my hair

What’s a tangle toy? :redface: :colondollar: Hope you’re okay :hugs:

Original post by rebeccafrances
Hi guys, I'm new here, and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about dealing with intense perfectionism at exam results time (I'm really sorry, because I know TSR is brimming over with people asking about results this week...). Basically, I've always been a straight A student. I didn't get anything less than an A in my GCSEs. My perfectionism has always been a part of me, and it's always a positive motivator until something goes 'wrong' (the main thing being that it led me into an eating disorder that I'm still recovering from).

I was right on track to get 4As this year in my AS levels, so was absolutely crushed to open my envelope to see AAAB - this is why I've come here. Most people think I'm being ABSOLUTELY MAD for being disappointed with that. The reason is that I got an A in absolutely every aspect of my subjects (exams and coursework) except my EnglishLit exam...where I got a D. Now, there are many things pointing to this being a mistake by the exam board, such as others in my year being in the same position (top students underachieving), my teacher immediately putting me down for a remark, and the fact that I fully prepared for the exam and found it ultimately okay!

But the perfectionist side of me (the 99% side of me...) knows that it was all my fault. I've never got a D in my entire life. My teachers used my work in English as an example throughout the year. I got As in almost every essay I wrote. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FAILURE. And the worst thing is how badly I feel I've let my teachers down. One in particuar had so much faith in me and was sure that her 'top student' would perform outstandingly. Even though I'm not the only one in this situation, I feel like an absolute fraud. It makes my stomach flip every time I think about it. I don't want to face people at school. So much was expected of me.

And it has completely thrown me - I seem to have lost a lot of motivation and I just want to go to sleep to escape. I'm applying to Oxford to study Modern Languages, but I won't be truly happy with my application unless my remark is returned successful (I won't find out for 3 weeks-1month)!

I know this is really long and I love you if you read all of this, but...does anyone have any advice? I'm not a 'straight-A' student any more, and it's absolutely killing me.

I’m not sure how much advice I can give, but just thought I’d say hi and welcome to the thread! :smile:
Well done on your results! :eek: They’re really good :smile: Hope English-ness gets sorted okay.
I can sympathise with getting disappointed about results and things I’ve generally been a top student, but then with Uni that’s sort of disappeared :colondollar: Don’t feel like a failure though! And you really haven’t let anyone down you’ve done brilliantly.

Original post by trustmeimlying1
great idea for a thread.

had to say goodbye to a gurl I was really close to lately but sure things are looking up even if it was unexpected.

theres opportunities ahead..so theres potential there even if I have a lot of catchup to do..

Welcome to the thread! :smile:
Sorry that you had to say goodbye to someone close :console:

Original post by Noodlzzz
how you all doing?

Not the bestest, but we'll see :redface: How're you? :hugs:

Original post by jft18
Hi everyone,
Not been around on here for a long time, thought a new thread was a good time to pop up!
Hope you're all doing ok!
:hugs:

:hi: I’m not sure if I’ve ever properly said hi or not :s-smilie: But hey :smile: :hugs:

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while without posting anything. But I really need some advice, and I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.

I got my AS results on Thursday. Although on the whole I was pleased (I got AAAABC), I needed to do better in the subject I got a C in (chemistry) to justify applying to the universities I had in mind to study biochem: Oxford, Imperial, Exeter, Manchester, Warwick and Kent were all in the mix. I'm confident that my understanding is better than a C - but panic attacks and generally being afraid of everything make exams very hard.

I was planning to apply with extenuating circumstances whatever my results were. My mental health seriously suffocated my first year at Sixth Form as well as my GCSE years. My psych and my GP are happy to help - but will universities see mental ill health as a serious detrimental factor?

Here's the catch: my school don't know. Because of confidentiality limits, I've found it easier not to tell anyone - parents don't know either. Obviously some teachers are more observant than others (e.g. asking about cuts, knowing I can't handle pressure in lessons) but they aren't officially aware of any extenuating circumstances.

Has anybody experienced applying with extenuating circumstances to any of the universities mentioned above? Or any other related experiences that they could share? Were they understanding? Do I need to tell my school - do the details need to be contained in their reference?

Thanks so much for any help. I'm totally lost.

Hi! :smile:
I can’t say anything from experience from applying with ext. circumstances, but they certainly should take MH circumstances as serious, particularly if you have psych and GP on board! :redface: Not sure how you can get round school stuff, and tbh I don’t know how/where you write down ext. circ. but I guess if you have evidence from GP along with it then mentioning it in personal statement is the best spot? Explaining difference in grades and things :redface:
Sorry, that probably wasn’t the most help/is a bit vague :s-smilie:
Hope it all goes okay and also massive well done on the results! :eek: :biggrin:

Original post by Jay84
I was taken to hospital two days ago. After my condition was stabilised, I was then assessed and posted on to the looney bin.

People and staff here seem fairly decent 200% better that the last ward I was on. Hopefully they can not only help me ride this episode out but also put a plan in place for my future so I am kot akways having to start from scratch

Sorry to hear about that :frown:
Glad it’s better than the last ward :console: Let us know how you get on :redface:

Original post by Star-girl
Hi guys,
I thought I would come to this thread as this looks like a really good and supportive thread for mental health issues. I think it's a great thing since we can all feel alone and like there is no-one to talk to or that people will judge but this thread provides a place to talk about it and give each other support!

Spoiler

:hi: Welcome to the thread :biggrin:

Feeling lonely

:frown: :console: Me too :s-smilie:

Original post by Sabertooth
Got out of bed at 12, had a bowl of cereal, went back to bed until 3.30pm, still tired and want to sleep more. This is ridiculous. :nothing:

:console: New meds? Or just mind/body being annoying :/ :redface:

Is it bad that i've been single for so long that finding a partner rarely even crosses my mind? I've spent years trying so hard to forget about relationships that i've found comfort in loneliness, like i've desensitized myself from it all. I very rarely get feelings for anyone nowadays, it's like i shut myself off before the thoughts get going.

I’ve sort of decided that after 3 rejections (which seem to have contributed a fair amount to general MH-stuff :s-smilie:), that I’m just going to try to avoid any feelings/fancy’s not sure about comfort in loneliness, but better than a rejection/getting your hopes up :redface:
Sorry you’re not feeling too great tonight :frown: :hugs:

Original post by Thom4to
So I don't think I've posted here but given I have adjusted to the whole results day drama I feel it's a good time to join in.
I have difficult to handle anxiety issues, particularly social, and I suffer from panic attacks. I suffer depression but it is largely a result of dealing with my anxieties as opposed to something separate. Anxiety appears to run in my family, with my grandmother having it, my mother seeming to but always insisting on brushing it off, and my sister suffering from depression which is potentially anxiety related.
Recently(last month gone) I have become better at dealing with it due to an improved friendship circle and a break from education. However, results went awful - I know the knowledge, really, but did pretty terrible in exams. I honestly thought they'd gone better but I left multiple times throughout exam season due to panic attacks and I can only assume they had an affect. I'm not resitting the year as I got into a university through clearing and while it's not a "top uni" or anything(Edge Hill) I love the look of their biology department and campus, and have visited before. They have good student satisfaction and graduate employment rates too, so I'm excited and not disappointed in where I'm going!(although still upset about not getting what I initially wanted)
But I'm feeling so down about how much of a rollercoaster everything feels. It's hard to not let my mental health impact my life so strongly, and even the smaller details feel so dramatic and get me incredibly worked up. On top of this, I feel guilty whenever it does affect things - I get worried it's going to be viewed as a silly excuse for things that people think are simply my fault.
I don't know why I'm posting this here, but I guess it's good to get things off my chest and ramble a bit. It's a bit of a habit, haha
I haven't read through the thread much yet but apparently I have a good way with words so I'll happily talk to people and provide support and possibly advice etc

Hi! Welcome to the thread! :smile:
Sorry to hear about MH stuff, and also about results not being the best :console: Glad things have otherwise improved over the last few weeks though! :smile: I have a friend at Edge Hill I think well, acquaintance from sixth form, but so far as I know they’ve enjoyed it so far! :smile:
It’s a good place to post :cool: Rambling is good :biggrin: (Doing it all the time myself :s-smilie: :colondollar:) Not that you were, particularly :smile:

Original post by keromedic
Heyo folks.

My fears are so funny lol. A guy was walking down market street doing kickups with his football and I was trying to pass him but kept retreating when he backtracked because I'm scared having the kick the ball back!

I’m not sure tbh how I’d face that at all either :tongue: I remember walking past a primary school by me and having kids ask me to kick their ball back over the fence was scary enough :redface: and they were behind a fence! :tongue:
How’re you doing? :smile:

In the past it only ever felt like people went out with me because they couldn't say no, and then a month down the line they would have an "oh ****" moment and bail. Then later that year they'd meet someone else and be with them for at least a couple years, if not longer. Made me feel great, as you can imagine.

Feel as though I can sympathise with this too :s-smilie:

just spent £30 on Disney DVDs... that's allowed, right? self care and all that?

:lol: Of course :biggrin: Keep trying to decide whether to buy a pokemon game or not :tongue: :colondollar: :cool:

Original post by .snowflake.
i feel awful. everything hurts, I feel so lonely, and the constant nausea is back. not sure if lustral misbehaving, or this is what hunger feels like?

:hugs: Have you had enough to eat today? :s-smilie: I'm rubbish at telling the different between feeling hungry/nausea, I'm really sorry it's there though :frown: :console:

Again i find myself not wanting to do anything, even though i have a long list of things to watch and read. The tremors/shakes are also back, i thought i had sorted them out but nope. Why do i want to just sit and do nothing all the time? :s-smilie: I'm sick and tired of doing nothing, but i don't have the strength to change.

I've just had a flashback of something i used to do that was very troubling, back when i was like 8 years old, and it wasn't a one off either. I wish my parents had someone other than me, all i do is waste away while others have to painfully watch, they deserve someone better than me.

Sorry to be quoting you all over :colondollar:

Would a walk or something help with shakes? :dontknow: (Though I guess that isn't the best suggestion now, at almost 1am... :colondollar:) Not your fault - really difficult to muster motivation sometimes to change stuff, particularly when you have any sort of routine already (if you're anything like me - wake up, computer.... and that feels like it's it :s-smilie:)

Your parents are lucky to have you! From the sounds of things they love you lots :redface: - for being you! Sorry if that's cliche/cheesy :colondollar: Not wasting away either - things are just tough at the moment, but things will improve for you :smile:

Well done! :smile: :woo: :hugs:

-------------------------------------

Hope everyone's alright :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
Hat finished.... now to turn it into a reflective cookie monster hat.... :colone:

OM NOM NOM NOM :biggrin:
:cookie: + :elmo: = close enough? :tongue:

-----------------------------------

Parents off on holiday tomorrow, got 2-3 days on my own - which I know I've been looking forward to, but also semi-scared. Just feel at the moment that I'll just end up breaking down crying without anyone here :frown: Also just nervous about auntie coming for over a week, and also got to sort out degu still ( :frown: ), and also sort Uni things and then possibly camping.

I've done nothing this whole summer, not even gotten a job or worked/made money. Absolutely sod all :s-smilie: Just feel so stupid and useless, and just wasted this whole time. And now I've been stupid/not organised degu thing (which is going to be horrible to have to do :frown:) so I can't even escape straight away/whenever to go walking or whatever.

Feeling as though I’ve done nothing but weaken friendships/relations with people this last year, besides making a few friends at Uni, but none of them know about stuff so not really close at all :/

Been looking forward to Uni a bit more today - cinema schedule's online now :gah: but still :s-smilie: and just not really sure what I'm doing at all/what's going to happen.
Yeah, similar for a lot of my friends, they have a job and a relationship, and have done for a while. Meanwhile i'm struggling to search for jobs or leave the house...

I know that feeling :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck

-------------------------------------

Hope everyone's alright :hugs:

Thanks for the kind words :smile: I think you're the only person that's ever beaten wolf in the dedication you give to replying to so many people at once! Not surprised it took you a while :P
[QUOTE=purple-duck;49474265:console: New meds? Or just mind/body being annoying :/ :redface:

:lol: Of course :biggrin: Keep trying to decide whether to buy a pokemon game or not :tongue: :colondollar: :cool:

My psychiatrist did increase my meds but I'm unsure whether that's completely the reason I'm sleeping so much. Probably more than just a little bit of laziness thrown into the mix. :colondollar:

Ooh, which pokemon game?

Latest