The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
Did you know anything about the boiler needing servicing? Guy just phoned and wants to come round tomorrow.

It needs servicing yearly, however I hadn't heard anything about it for this year. You free when they want to come round?
Original post by rmhumphries
It needs servicing yearly, however I hadn't heard anything about it for this year. You free when they want to come round?

Yep, will be in probably all day tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by SweetNothing
I'm not the biggest Bastille fan but their Rhythm of the Night cover (or whatever it was called) was ace!

It's my favourite song by them live :redface: They get the whole crowd to kneel just at they begin to play it and jump up at the same time at the beginning of the first chorus :')
Original post by Deyesy
I feel you dude! :') I knew about Bastille around 2 years before they'd even released a proper single and they had about 10k views on some of their video's; Pompeii comes out (which was their third released single) - get's a huge push on the radio and on the tv music channels and suddenly everyone loves them. I've been to see them four times and I swear 50% of the people there only know Pompeii -.-

Rockstar is right up there with Pompeii for overplayedness too. Don't know why people dislike Nickelback so much too, they're incredible live and their music is damn good too.

We're such hipsters :') Yeah it is annoying when people go full on bandwagon, only following that band or group because everyone else is, instead of actually liking them for being talented. Or when they make false accusations about the band even though they can't name any of the members and don't know more than a handful of their songs.

Society, man
Original post by Deyesy
It's my favourite song by them live :redface: They get the whole crowd to kneel just at they begin to play it and jump up at the same time at the beginning of the first chorus :')

It's such a good cover, I was in a club before and that got played and then it like mixed into the original, i nearly wept with joy it was that good.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My dad handed me a letter he found for me yesterday - turns out that after I missed last week's CBT, they had rescheduled it for today :eek: Thank goodness I saw it in time!

Went for the session and set 3 goals. We're going to discuss therapy options more next week but for the moment it looks like I'll be having 6 weeks of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), with the chance of more sessions afterwards if I feel it is helping :h:

I suffer from psychosis - my diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder :yes:

Glad to hear your social anxiety is a bit better :h:

i also had a CBT session today, how did yours go?

Also, what is your psychologist's name? cos we both live in london maybe see the same psychologist?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yay. :biggrin: If I don't go to a full time course at college, I'm offered a place on A level English. :biggrin: So I can either do a full time course or A level English online.
I'm going to a clearing day and then I'll decide what to do. :biggrin:
Original post by superwolf
Good luck! :smile: You might find it useful to have a read of this website, so you'll know what to expect - it's nothing scary, and remember that you'll be a lot happier and healthier once you've got your MH problems under control. :hugs:

Thanks for the link, I am a bit worried about how to explain things to her so a list might be helpful. Just need to work out what to put on there! And you're definitely right about being happier/healthier once this is sorted. Can't wait! Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
Nothing wrong with Bastille being stuck in your head! Even if Pompeii is the most overplayed song ever >.<

That's the problem I think, it was an alright song until it was played 10000000 times, I worked choir parts out for it, sang it then it stuck in my head and keeps coming up on my ipod and generally drives me mad :tongue:

Speaking of ipods, was sorting mine out earlier and came across a song I forgot I had on there about something that happened last year :frown: Don't know why it affected me so much out of the blue today but it really did and now I can't stop thinking about it :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
That's the problem I think, it was an alright song until it was played 10000000 times, I worked choir parts out for it, sang it then it stuck in my head and keeps coming up on my ipod and generally drives me mad :tongue:

Speaking of ipods, was sorting mine out earlier and came across a song I forgot I had on there about something that happened last year :frown: Don't know why it affected me so much out of the blue today but it really did and now I can't stop thinking about it :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's quite common for us to tie certain events to certain songs. A band i listened to when i had a car accident, i can't listen to anymore because it always reminds me of that accident...Thankfully they weren't a fave band of mine :tongue:

I even associate some memories with certain smells; certain perfumes or cologne, food, etc.
Original post by Meaty_man
It's quite common for us to tie certain events to certain songs. A band i listened to when i had a car accident, i can't listen to anymore because it always reminds me of that accident...Thankfully they weren't a fave band of mine :tongue:

I even associate some memories with certain smells; certain perfumes or cologne, food, etc.

Yeah I often do, usually with good things like REM always makes me thing about a holiday in France one year as it was the only CD we had with us. This is the only thing I can think of that I associate with something particularly bad (mainly because the song is actually about it happening, written by someone I know), I kind of want to listen to it just to make myself but not sure as that's a good idea :s-smilie:

I've never noticed it happening with smells, that's interesting! Maybe just because I love music and notice it a lot, whereas I don't so much with them, and other people notice different things so tie events to them instead :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mums just text me and said I could order some food in and she'll pay for it, she's being nice to me and i don't know why, i think she's upto something :K:

i don't know what food i want either now damnit
Original post by furryface12
Yeah I often do, usually with good things like REM always makes me thing about a holiday in France one year as it was the only CD we had with us. This is the only thing I can think of that I associate with something particularly bad (mainly because the song is actually about it happening, written by someone I know), I kind of want to listen to it just to make myself but not sure as that's a good idea :s-smilie:

I've never noticed it happening with smells, that's interesting! Maybe just because I love music and notice it a lot, whereas I don't so much with them, and other people notice different things so tie events to them instead :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know when i'm feeling real low i'll listen to music which fits my mood, so for me that's mainly metal. If i'm in a chill mood i'll put on some liquid DnB, and so on :smile: It may not be a great idea to listen to sad stuff when you feel down but i can't help myself :d

As for listening to that song of yours, eh, hard to say, if it stays on your mind and doesn't go away then maybe listen to it so you don't have to think about it? If that makes sense :tongue:

Original post by SweetNothing
My mums just text me and said I could order some food in and she'll pay for it, she's being nice to me and i don't know why, i think she's upto something :K:

i don't know what food i want either now damnit

Perhaps she's just trying to help you out? Regardless of if you tell people or not about your troubles, people will often see through. A lot of our brains are dedicated to communication, be it vocal or body language.

Isn't it normal for a parent to want to look after their sons and daughters? :smile:
My late nan's cat lives with my mum now, she used to be real skittish, run the second she saw me. Nowadays though she's a right fusspot, she was even scratching at the door and meowing for me to let her in my room :3 I think she's half persian half tabby, and she malts like nothing else, which is annoying on clothes since a lot of her hair is white. Well, it starts white and turns grey at the ends, its strange :0

She's adorable but rather demanding x]
Reply 594
Didn't make it to my appointment again today, oops. :s-smilie:
Reply 595
Original post by Sabertooth
Hey man, how's it going? :smile:

Stuff not great for me but imma soldier on.

Hi :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you.

I'm doing a lot better, I think. I did a uni exam today and think it went well. I think I'll go back next year. I'm back at my volunteering. My antidepressant's been put up and I think I feel a bit better.
Original post by Meaty_man
I know when i'm feeling real low i'll listen to music which fits my mood, so for me that's mainly metal. If i'm in a chill mood i'll put on some liquid DnB, and so on :smile: It may not be a great idea to listen to sad stuff when you feel down but i can't help myself :d

As for listening to that song of yours, eh, hard to say, if it stays on your mind and doesn't go away then maybe listen to it so you don't have to think about it? If that makes sense :tongue:

Sad music can help in a funny sort of way though, for me anyway depending on how bad I'm feeling. Or it can make me feel worse, but there you go :tongue:

Might listen to it in a bit when I'm away from my family. Don't think doing it when I've got to be sat here for the rest of the evening is a good idea anyhow :no:
Original post by bubble999
Always a great start - hope the rest of the day goes well for you, lovely :hugs:

Thanks hun. :hugs: Kind of crashing. :redface:
How are you? :hugs:
Reply 598
Proper tired but brother and hos girlfriend are here and i dont want to go to bed before them :s-smilie:
Kinda want a mental health day but cant till thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm a **** friend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest