The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luno
Sent :smile:. Apologies in advance for the length!

Nah, you're fine. :smile: I've read it over, and I'll answer properly later this afternoon. :hugs:
in agony. cannot breathe. went back to doctor. had to have locum and she was ****ing horrible. im going to die. I can literally feel it.
Reply 1382
Original post by superwolf
Nah, you're fine. :smile: I've read it over, and I'll answer properly later this afternoon. :hugs:

Thank you :smile:.
Put my mask on and it still makes me feel ****. I used to put make up on every day to hide who i am, and it atleast kinda worked. Nothing today :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not really confident in myself with much, i attended an induction to care and support work the other day, except i ended up getting there a bit late on account of buses going past where i wanted to stop, and google maps lying to me :shakecane: I ended up getting sent away since there wasn't any more space for people, but was told to return next week as if i had been anyways.

Now today i get a phonecall asking me to attend another induction thing :excited: I'm gonna get all the training, all of it :colone: It's nice to feel like i'm kinda wanted for something, im curious where this is gonna take me, if it will get me into a job again and how fast :excited: I just need to skip over the "what have you been doing in the last few years" thing
:ninja:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Meaty_man
I'm not really confident in myself with much, i attended an induction to care and support work the other day, except i ended up getting there a bit late on account of buses going past where i wanted to stop, and google maps lying to me :shakecane: I ended up getting sent away since there wasn't any more space for people, but was told to return next week as if i had been anyways.

Now today i get a phonecall asking me to attend another induction thing :excited: I'm gonna get all the training, all of it :colone: It's nice to feel like i'm kinda wanted for something, im curious where this is gonna take me, if it will get me into a job again and how fast :excited: I just need to skip over the "what have you been doing in the last few years" thing

Congrats!! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1386
Original post by .snowflake.
^ this. Pets can make such a difference to your MH to the extent that in the US, a psychiatric service dog is an actual thing.

Well if the NHS would prescribe and pay for a dog I would definitely try and get in on it. Even if it didn't significantly help MH issues, I think it would improve quality of life.

Main problem is can't afford a dog on £70 a week ESA and when I am working I won't be able to look after one properly. I should probably claim PIP cos of the severity of my problems but to be honest I hope to be back in work before they bump up my esa let alone before a pip claim would go through. That said I think both those benefits are a bit shaky if you have intermittent problems like I do. Unless you malinger in between periods of poor health you are a bit ****ed benefits wise. Ironic that they want to stop people malingering but make a system that sort of encourages it to get what you are entitled to.
Reply 1387
I just need to skip over the "what have you been doing in the last few years" thing

I just plan to lie or at least skip over the less palatable parts.
Was 20 mins late for therapy. Gd thing too - if I'd been there on time, I would have been barricaded inside! Some guy was mouthing off and throwing furniture all over the place :-O I was not allowed to enter the hospital. Police came and arrested him!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Was 20 mins late for therapy. Gd thing too - if I'd been there on time, I would have been barricaded inside! Some guy was mouthing off and throwing furniture all over the place :-O I was not allowed to enter the hospital. Police came and arrested him!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I've had that before with a guy throwing furniture (and also an old gay couple with wandering hands, need I say anyone). Hope you're ok :hugs:

How was therapy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you're ok :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks

Thanks sockle :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may sound a bit bad but i do like some juicy drama :colone: i hope no one was hurt! Was your therapy useful? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today I learned that I really suit glasses and it's such a shame that my eyesight isn't quite bad enough to need them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
Ah I've had that before with a guy throwing furniture (and also an old gay couple with wandering hands, need I say anyone). Hope you're ok :hugs:

How was therapy?

Original post by ScaryScience
Glad you're ok :hugs:

It may sound a bit bad but i do like some juicy drama :colone: i hope no one was hurt! Was your therapy useful? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks peeps. I love juicy drama too :colone: Was terribly worried that my therapist would get hurt though. Hope I'm not attaching to her before therapy's even started :facepalm: No one was hurt, thankfully. Therapist and psychiatrist came outside to check I was alright, once they had the guy in the police car and it was safe to de-barricade.

Today's session couldn't take place due to all the pallava. We start properly next week, hopefully! :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
this is a disaster. there is no point in any of this ****. don't belong
this is a disaster. there is no point in any of this ****. don't belong

:jumphug: :frown: :console:

You belong here :yep: We treasure you very much! :love:
Why the mental health team wont take me i dont know. So stressful but i know my drs only doing whats best for me.

The put me on quetiapine and sent me back to my dr.
Asked my dr for antidepressent/quetiapine mix. She said yes, but didnt think sertraline would help as id a
Ready tried citalopran and fluoxetine, so she said shed have to call the MH team and ask what they suggest.
If they just a cepted me then she wouldnt have to do that and id get help sooner!
Urgh.

Also on the way back from the drs a man in a van drove past and shouted "get yer tits out" i felt really vulnrable and angry at why men feel they have the right to do that :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:jumphug: :frown: :console:

You belong here :yep: We treasure you very much! :love:

I cant be bothered with this **** anymore. went to the doctors this morning cause still cant breathe. was a locum and she was ****ing horrible. she was basically ordering me not to go back to uni when she doesn't even know the first thing about me. she wouldn't give me anything even though its not anxiety. I absolutely hate doctors. I hate my existence. I feel like im constantly being let down by this hideous world. in agony

Spoiler

Original post by PandaWho
Why the mental health team wont take me i dont know. So stressful but i know my drs only doing whats best for me.

The put me on quetiapine and sent me back to my dr.
Asked my dr for antidepressent/quetiapine mix. She said yes, but didnt think sertraline would help as id a
Ready tried citalopran and fluoxetine, so she said shed have to call the MH team and ask what they suggest.
If they just a cepted me then she wouldnt have to do that and id get help sooner!
Urgh.

Also on the way back from the drs a man in a van drove past and shouted "get yer tits out" i felt really vulnrable and angry at why men feel they have the right to do that :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big squishy TLG hugs for you hun :jumphug:

I cant be bothered with this **** anymore. went to the doctors this morning cause still cant breathe. was a locum and she was ****ing horrible. she was basically ordering me not to go back to uni when she doesn't even know the first thing about me. she wouldn't give me anything even though its not anxiety. I absolutely hate doctors. I hate my existence. I feel like im constantly being let down by this hideous world. in agony

Spoiler

You def are being let down by everyone in this hideous world.

Spoiler

Big squishy TLG hugs for you hun :jumphug:

You def are being let down by everyone in this hideous world.

Spoiler

Thanks hun, she said shell try sort it out in the next few weeks, but its so frustrating that im being left to feel so **** and crap every night

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest