The Student Room Group

Pedophiles

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paradoxicalme
Attraction to a young child isn't morally wrong, it's morally neutral because it's not the person's fault. Molesting a young child is morally wrong. And yes I can because just like the schizophrenic, the paedophile has no control over what is happening to them and has few channels through which to get help.

But that shouldn't be how it is!

Being a pedophile, i.e. the attraction to minors isn't illegal. The problem is that feminized society is trying to blur the lines between sex and rape. Feminists in modern society are trying to define sex as rape based on age. This isn't rational and it's ageism bigotry. This is where the problem starts and ends.

Pedophilia has nothing to do with rape. Rape has always been and always will be illegal in a society that promotes equal rights.
Original post by marshallchare1
Being a pedophile, i.e. the attraction to minors isn't illegal. The problem is that feminized society is trying to blur the lines between sex and rape. Feminists in modern society are trying to define sex as rape based on age. This isn't rational and it's ageism bigotry. This is where the problem starts and ends.

Pedophilia has nothing to do with rape. Rape has always been and always will be illegal in a society that promotes equal rights.

Wait, what?! This doesn't have anything to do with feminism, because gender is pretty much irrelevant with paedophilia. 'Ageism bigotry' - what?! The vast majority of prepubescent children do not understand what is happening if they are molested, they don't have the emotional maturity to understand sex and its implications, and so they cannot consent. Ergo, rape. Rape is a matter of consent. You can get a kid to say 'yes' but they won't know or comprehend what they're saying yes to. Same with ridiculously drunk people.
The ageism regarding sexuality in modern society has everything to do with feminism. The age of consent laws were created by liberal feminists in 1920, read it for yourself: http://egomoral.com/feminism-and-age-of-consent-laws-in-modern-culture/

Gender is NOT irrelevant with pedophilia. There are many aspects of pedophilia. Pedophilia includes infantophilia, pedophilia, hebephilia and homosexual version of all three. All of these aspects of pedophilia are extremely unique and different. A lot of the controversy over the definition of pedophilia is because it includes too many different sexual preferences that don't relate due to political pressure.

A subclass of pedophilia 'heterosexual hebephilia' is actually more dominant than any sexual orientation of preference among mammals and humans. Read it for yourself: http://egomoral.com/is-pedophilia-natural/

Not only are you wrong about pubescent children not being sexual, generalizing based on age, race, gender etc is biased and unconstitutional as inferred by the 14th amendment.
Sexual activity occurs before or during puberty: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexuality

You can't get a kid to have sex. That's called manipulation. Manipulation is a form off rape. Rape is not sex. The problem with feminists is taht they don't recognize consensual sex from children unless it's with another child. This is biased and irrational.
Original post by marshallchare1

So you don't believe in age of consent? Scary O.O
Who are we to demonise people for innate feelings that they cannot help but have? If they act on those feelings and molest children, that is another matter. But to spit on an inactive pedophile like they're the scum of the earth shows how incompassionate humans have become. Their attraction to children is as innate as a man who is attracted to women or a man who is attracted to another man. I highly doubt they ever chose to have such feelings.

Pedophilia is only worrying when it is acted upon and endangers the wellbeing of children. A pedophile with self-restraint and self-discipline who never acts on his or her feelings should if anything be admired. The word pedophile, going back to its Ancient Greek origin, actually just means the brotherly love of children. Pedo means child and phile comes from philia which is brotherly love. The word is very misused nowadays.
Original post by Reluire
Who are we to demonise people for innate feelings that they cannot help but have? If they act on those feelings and molest children, that is another matter. But to spit on an inactive pedophile like they're the scum of the earth shows how incompassionate humans have become. Their attraction to children is as innate as a man who is attracted to women or a man who is attracted to another man. I highly doubt they ever chose to have such feelings.

Pedophilia is only worrying when it is acted upon and endangers the wellbeing of children. A pedophile with self-restraint and self-discipline who never acts on his or her feelings should if anything be admired. The word pedophile, going back to its Ancient Greek origin, actually just means the brotherly love of children. Pedo means child and phile comes from philia which is brotherly love. The word is very misused nowadays.

The word isn't misused - it has just acquired a different meaning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate the way they call people a paedophile who have sex with 14 & 15 year olds. At this age they are mature enough to consent and they know what they are doing. Most of them go out and aim to get laid or lie and say they are over 18.

It's unfair that the older person gets put on a register and may lose their job etc just because the younger one wanted to have sex with them and made sure it happened.
First of all, you didn't spell paedophile right mate. Secondly, like most people said, its not being attracted to the child that's weird, actually it is I mean what do children possess thats attractive? They have lil cute faces and their bodies haven't even developed properly yet. But anyway thats not the point, the point is the child shouldn't be hurt as it will torment them for life. They're too young to suffer such pain and agony over an idiot who can't control his desires. And the parents, how will they feel after this has happened to their child? The child they're trying to raise in the best possible way to give them a nice and stable future. It's a very evil thing to do, its even more evil when they kill the child. Like that poor April Jones:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Being a paedophile is as bad as being homosexual...ie not at all.

However the act of child abuse, sexual or not, is wrong.

But still I don't think that shunning paedophiles protects children as it makes it harder for them to come out about abuse in the first place and it stops paedophiles from finding easy ways of..... "calming down" their urges.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh, I completely agree with you, and I've always hated moral hypocrisies such as this, but our society is more often illogical than logical, so I don't know if there's anything we can do to change this perception toward paedophiles.
Original post by Blue_Mason
I am sorry,its not just the thread but the questions you ask are really stupid,how can you compare a small child to an adult in such a situation?
Its is unfortunate for someone to be made a victim of it,but does not mean we should excuse them
Selfish?All extreme unnatural desires but be denied and restricted
Again op can you compare a 21 year old (a,)that has nude pics of a developed 15 year old girl to another 21 year old(b) that has pictures of little kids in a similar disturbing creepy nature?
Both would be prosecuted in the same way but which crime disgusts you more 21
Some people example, yes people have prefences but guess what they all have in common?they're adults

Well, that was totally incoherent: I'm almost tempted to congratulate you on managing to cultivate such an absolute and unadulterated specimen of pure drivel.
Original post by Truths
So you don't believe in age of consent? Scary O.O

I don't believe in AOC either, I always found it to be a confusing and odd concept.
Trust me when you have your own children someday, you will not view peadophiles as someone who cant help it, I'm sorry but I'd rather make sure my child is safe than pandering to a peadophiles emotions, theres a marked difference between peadophillia and homosexuality viewing innocent kids in a sexual way is grotesque, one the children have no mental capacity to consent & have no sexual feelings.
As with the majority of the conversation I think going by the literal definition, pedophiles themselves aren't bad, though it is considered a psychiatric disorder, since they can't help who they're attracted to even if they wanted to, but the word is commonly incorrectly used to mean someone who acts on it, and molests innocent children. There's such a stigma with it being relating to acting upon the fantasy where pedophiles have gone to therapists and been refused treatment to try and rid the problem because it's so taboo. There's a difference between someone being sexually attracted to and wanting a relationship with a child, to someone who wants to violently overpower the kid, and it's the latter that should be shamed, with the former getting more support and treating. The founder of the Sexual Disorders Clinic believes with more attention from the medical community, the condition could be cured, but no one wants to associate with helping pedophiles, until they commit the act and then they want them hanged, so it's hard for someone to come out and say "I fancy children, help me" when they'll get lynched.
Original post by CaityRaindrop
As with the majority of the conversation I think going by the literal definition, pedophiles themselves aren't bad, though it is considered a psychiatric disorder, since they can't help who they're attracted to even if they wanted to, but the word is commonly incorrectly used to mean someone who acts on it, and molests innocent children. There's such a stigma with it being relating to acting upon the fantasy where pedophiles have gone to therapists and been refused treatment to try and rid the problem because it's so taboo. There's a difference between someone being sexually attracted to and wanting a relationship with a child, to someone who wants to violently overpower the kid, and it's the latter that should be shamed, with the former getting more support and treating. The founder of the Sexual Disorders Clinic believes with more attention from the medical community, the condition could be cured, but no one wants to associate with helping pedophiles, until they commit the act and then they want them hanged, so it's hard for someone to come out and say "I fancy children, help me" when they'll get lynched.

Could homosexuality be cured?
Original post by Blue_Mason
Could homosexuality be cured?

Homosexuality isn't classified as a psychiatric disorder, it's a sexual attraction between two consenting adults. Don't confuse the two. Pedophilia is listed in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, homosexuality is not. Homosexuals can still have consenting relationships with people of an appropriate age. A child will NEVER be capable of giving consent to a sexual relationship.
Homosexuality isn't classified as a psychiatric disorder, it's a sexual attraction between two consenting adults. Don't confuse the two. Pedophilia is listed in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, homosexuality is not. Homosexuals can still have consenting relationships with people of an appropriate age. A child will NEVER be capable of giving consent to a sexual relationship.

I'm not sure how the object of one's sexual desire being able to consent or not is the dividing line between pathological and not. Humans and their politics make such definitions. If you can 'cure' someone of one sexual preference, you can 'cure' others of theirs. It would likely be very useful (to society and the paedophile themselves) to switch off a sexual attraction towards children. That does not mean it's really a 'cure' for a 'disease'.

No one is confusing the two, but they're not that dissimilar, paedophilia is only listed as a mental disorder out of convenience, just like how homosexuality was once label as a mental disorder when the general public weren't that tolerant of it. the DSM and everything like it are nothing but tools that changes with attitudes from the public, don't treat it too seriously.
To me it makes absolutely no sense to label paedophilia as a mental disorder, if homosexuality isn't labelled as a mental disorder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending