The Student Room Group

Should i drop a2 level physics?

I have absolutely no interest in Physics and I struggled so much during my AS but surprise surprise I got an A for it and its the subject that I scored the highest along with maths.

Right now I am doing a2 and honestly, I am lazy to go through all the struggle and force myself to read things that I don't find any enjoyment in. I am applying for Pharmacy which the typical offers will be AAB.

I am right now taking physics just because I am afraid if I take just 3 subjects, I couldn't meet the offer and so if I 4, then I might have a backup.

But then a contradicting point is if I take just 3 subjects then naturally I would have more time to focus on those subjects and hopefully can do better?

I am so confused gosh. help?
Original post by kayla_54
I have absolutely no interest in Physics and I struggled so much during my AS but surprise surprise I got an A for it and its the subject that I scored the highest along with maths.

Right now I am doing a2 and honestly, I am lazy to go through all the struggle and force myself to read things that I don't find any enjoyment in. I am applying for Pharmacy which the typical offers will be AAB.

I am right now taking physics just because I am afraid if I take just 3 subjects, I couldn't meet the offer and so if I 4, then I might have a backup.

But then a contradicting point is if I take just 3 subjects then naturally I would have more time to focus on those subjects and hopefully can do better?

I am so confused gosh. help?
First if all, have you read this?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Pharmacy_Degree

If the three other subjects you are taking are acceptable for entry to the pharmacy courses (I assume you are also studying Chemistry + at least Maths or Biology), then there is a school of thought that says taking physics at A2 when you clearly hate it, is just sapping your time and energy and demotivating you and you are unlikely to achieve at least a B grade. Your time could be better expended on the subjects you like, to secure the high grades.

But if you drop physics, then be sure you spend the freed up time wisely and don't squander it which will be the worst possible outcome.

If you keep 4 going and still fail to gain the required AAB grades in three of them, then you won't meet the entry requirements in any case.

You only need 3 A-levels so concentrate on those but be sure to max out your grades. :smile:
On the other hand A2 Physics is generally a lot more interesting than AS Physics which is largely a rehash of GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest