COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B) these are my grades what a levels should I pick if I hate maths and wanna become a pharmacist gonna do chemistry and biology but need 4 rn and can drop one if I don’t like one subject or find it too hard what other 2 should I do and tell me which one should I drop if had to so?
Original post by aryc_30
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B) these are my grades what a levels should I pick if I hate maths and wanna become a pharmacist gonna do chemistry and biology but need 4 rn and can drop one if I don’t like one subject or find it too hard what other 2 should I do and tell me which one should I drop if had to so?

Like you said, chem and bio are the main 2 a levels you do need.
It's ok if you don't want to do maths, it shouldn't disadvantage you by a lot (depends on the university however); physics is a good choice and is generally accepted by many universities.
Business studies/Economics/psychology/geography/ pretty much any other 2 subjects are fine as long as you have those two, as typically universities ask for chem and one from maths/bio/physics
The main tip I have is to research into the skills needed to be a pharmacist and match those skills with other a level subjects offered to you.

I hope that helps and good luck!
Reply 2
Gonna pick chem,bio,Business and Economics and gonna drop Economics second year!

Original post by *LifeHappens*
Like you said, chem and bio are the main 2 a levels you do need.
It's ok if you don't want to do maths, it shouldn't disadvantage you by a lot (depends on the university however); physics is a good choice and is generally accepted by many universities.
Business studies/Economics/psychology/geography/ pretty much any other 2 subjects are fine as long as you have those two, as typically universities ask for chem and one from maths/bio/physics
The main tip I have is to research into the skills needed to be a pharmacist and match those skills with other a level subjects offered to you.

I hope that helps and good luck!
Original post by aryc_30
Gonna pick chem,bio,Business and Economics and gonna drop Economics second year!

Ok nice! Sounds like a good range of subjects, good luck!
Reply 4
Do you think I have the minimum entry requirements of studying mpharm at UoM????

Original post by *LifeHappens*
Ok nice! Sounds like a good range of subjects, good luck!
Original post by aryc_30
Do you think I have the minimum entry requirements of studying mpharm at UoM????

Here are the entry requirements I have found for UoM:
A-level

We require grades ABB-AAB. This must include Chemistry, either Mathematics or Biology, and one further rigorous academic subject (we do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking). You are required to obtain a pass in the practical element of any science A-level taken.

Selection for interview is based on predicted grades of BBB.

Please note the specific offer conditions will be based on the assessment of the interviewer.

AS-level
We do not accept AS grades in place of A2-level grades.
Unit grade information
The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit information where available. Like all other information provided by applicants this may be taken into consideration when assessing your application. Unit grades will not normally form part of an offer conditions.

GCSE
We require at least five GCSEs or IGCSEs at minimum grade 5 (B) (including English Language and Mathematics). We will accept C+ in the Northern Ireland reformed GSCE.

So I think that for you, all your gcse grades are above a 5 so you should be fine.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest