The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

Buying folders, dividers and plastic wallets for each of my university modules is surprisingly therapeutic. :tongue:

I'm determined to be as organised as possible for uni. :smile:
Original post by katehlouise
This is what washi tape can be used for! :3
Cover it up with some pretty tape?

I actually really hate washi tape haha, I'll just have to cope with having a random module on my planner for 3 weeks :frown:.
Original post by GoingToBurst
I actually really hate washi tape haha, I'll just have to cope with having a random module on my planner for 3 weeks :frown:.

If you have pages at the start that are blank, or a page at the back, you could cut out a little square and stick it over the incorrect thing, that way it won't be a weird colour like with tipex :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
If you have pages at the start that are blank, or a page at the back, you could cut out a little square and stick it over the incorrect thing, that way it won't be a weird colour like with tipex :smile:

You're a genius. Why hadn't I thought of this?!
Very excited to go stationery shopping tomorrow, although i dont need a lot this year as alot is being recycled from A-levels. Expect pictures tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had many a need to do it in my school planner when my friends have drawn all over a day that we're at school for (I'm now very skilled at matching up the lines exactly xD )
Anyone know of any refill pads that are narrow rule, but have amazing paper like the Oxford optik paper? Oxford don't seem to do it in narrow rule :frown:

I already have Ryman Superior 80gsm narrow rule, but it's not a patch on the Oxford :frown:

EDIT: Or séyès (French ruled) paper the same quality as Oxford would be awesome.

Gah the problems with being fussy about paper :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HairyCanary
Anyone know of any refill pads that are narrow rule, but have amazing paper like the Oxford optik paper? Oxford don't seem to do it in narrow rule :frown:

I already have Ryman Superior 80gsm narrow rule, but it's not a patch on the Oxford :frown:

EDIT: Or séyès (French ruled) paper the same quality as Oxford would be awesome.

Gah the problems with being fussy about paper :rolleyes:

Clairefontaine are superb quality and with an unlimited number of page layouts eg narrow lines, different size squares, seyes.............available in a plethora of forms eg side bound, wired, big, small , loose etc. and pastel colours available too. For top quality stationery it is the absolute pinnacle.

Here is another genius tip, use a pencil next time.
In my uni city for the day so after enrolment I think it's time to hit the shops with my uni card :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Been stationary shopping today and going to get a few more bits and pieces after work. I had a bit too much fun in Wilko's today :biggrin:
Original post by TheNote
Here is another genius tip, use a pencil next time.

Pencils smudge and are not as vibrant. No thanks, I'll keep pencils for rough working in exams.
Pencils smudge and are not as vibrant. No thanks, I'll keep pencils for rough working in exams.

Since when do pencils smudge unless you are actively smudging it?

Oh well I'm more of a practical person and use a pencil the go over it with pen.
Original post by TheNote
Since when do pencils smudge unless you are actively smudging it?

Oh well I'm more of a practical person and use a pencil the go over it with pen.

They smudge every time I use them. I never use pencils for anything other than scrap working because they smudge under your hand and just don't last as long on paper that you use heavily than pens do. Some people prefer pencils, some prefer pens. No biggie.
Went into town to go to the bank and came home with pencils and whiteboard markers. I just can't be trusted. Quick question, how do you stop pencils ruining the inside of your pencilcase?
My French teachers have a told me to buy two more notebooks. Looks like I have an excuse to go and do more stationery shopping this weekend :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
Went into town to go to the bank and came home with pencils and whiteboard markers. I just can't be trusted. Quick question, how do you stop pencils ruining the inside of your pencilcase?

I put little pieces of blue tack on the end of the pencil near the led so it can't 'draw' on my pencil case
Original post by hellokittymad
I put little pieces of blue tack on the end of the pencil near the led so it can't 'draw' on my pencil case

So grateful for this tip! I been wondering how to deal with this for a while, thanks a lot! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellokittymad

That's genius! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Hannie Rose
My French teachers have a told me to buy two more notebooks. Looks like I have an excuse to go and do more stationery shopping this weekend :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My French teacher told me to get a small expanding folder because she will apparently give us lots of loose sheets, so I had to rush to my local WHSmith yesterday (well, I say local, it's 6 miles away) to get it before the shop closed :lol:

Original post by Anonymous #2

I think you can get rubbers that go over the tip of your pencils? Or you could use mechanical pencils instead- I use the Papermate ones now since the mess from the normal pencils annoyed me, and they haven't ruined my pencil case at all! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending