The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

I've already got an unhealthily large hoard of stationary for September
It's becoming expensive 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gamewizard
Hi, not sure where to post this ? but its related to stationery so I thought I will post here.
Basically I need to carry a A0 Portrait poster to uni and back and vice versa, however I don't know what I will put it in ??? I cannot bend it or anything because that would ruin it.

I have seen art students carrying large thin see through bags/cases ? but I don't know what they are called and where to buy one of those ????

Please anyone help

The Works and WHSmith have those kinds of folder things, flat and in a range of styles and colours. They tend to be quite expensive though and not sure if they will have A0 (especially the works, though if they do it will be cheaper than smiths!).

I think when I had a poster I just carefully rolled it up, used and elastic band then carried in a plastic bag. Since I was only taking it a short distance it didn't stay curved though it would if you stored it for any length of time like that.

Otherwise you could just get a big cardboard box (try a self storage place, wilko, parcel company or a supermarket for leftovers), cut two bits just a little bigger than the poster and secure 3 edges with parcel tape to make a giant envelope. Then stick some tape or plastic bag handles on the top.

Original post by Obiejess
Imagine someone has NO stationery, and a budget of £30. Create the ideal starter pack.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhh!!!!

OK, used amazon to estimate and £30 is very hard! If you shopped around I reckon you could get roughly this:

Multicoloured pack Inkjoy 100 pens + 2 extra black
Pack 5 pencils
Rubber
Pritt stick
Scissors
Basic pencil sharpener
Tipp-ex
Black Sharpie
30 cm ruler
Post it brand post-it block
Exacompta lever arch folder and ring binder
2 packs extra wide dividers and pack of plastic wallets
Oxford Campus A5/A4 notepad (size dependent on preference)
Rapesco stapler and hole punch
4 pack Stabilo Boss highlighters
A diary of their choice

I may be pushing it a bit actually... especially with the diary included!

This is for basics. If we were looking for more crafty bits assuming they have 'work' focussed stationery it would be completely different!

xxx
Today I'm printing and putting together my super duper teachers diary and I'm so excited that I could explode.

Can anyone recommended cheap blocks of post its? I use then so many in my lessons that it's costing me a fortune to provide between 22 and 30 post its every hour I teach.
I'm addicted to notebooks and now I'm wondering what to do with my collection? :confused:

I have two main ones for uni notes etc but the rest are A5 and have no ideas on what to do with them...
Original post by SoftMusk
I'm addicted to notebooks and now I'm wondering what to do with my collection? :confused:

I have two main ones for uni notes etc but the rest are A5 and have no ideas on what to do with them...

I don't have any :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Today I'm printing and putting together my super duper teachers diary and I'm so excited that I could explode.

Can anyone recommended cheap blocks of post its? I use then so many in my lessons that it's costing me a fortune to provide between 22 and 30 post its every hour I teach.

You could go to poundland/99p shop for them, but I don't know if they'll be as good as the expensive post-its. I know Ryman's have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment because I just brought some :3
Original post by Sofa272
You could go to poundland/99p shop for them, but I don't know if they'll be as good as the expensive post-its. I know Ryman's have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment because I just brought some :3

They only really need to last an hour as they glue them into their books after that. I'll check out poundland! I didn't even think of trying there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They only really need to last an hour as they glue them into their books after that. I'll check out poundland! I didn't even think of trying there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, cool :smile: Poundland has some quite nice stationery in there :smile: Good luck!
subbing! :biggrin:

My local tescos had their own brand post it blocks for £1 per pack and they're actually pretty good quality 😊 also the 99p store has the sheets of post it notes you can clip into your binders, but you don't get many regular size post its with that set, it depends what size you're after 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are using them for school, shouldn't the school be providing them? They can order some in cheaply from their normal supplier.
Reply 1392

LOVE the first one, shame I already have my perfect pencil case :frown: Why do you need three pencil cases, or are you just really dedicated to the stationery cause?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since you all love stationery, you should check out the facebook group UK Planner Addicts :smile:
Original post by SHABANA
If you are using them for school, shouldn't the school be providing them? They can order some in cheaply from their normal supplier.

They're hard to ask for because they're not a requirement and our departmental budget is already stretched :/ I don't mind buying them because they make my life so much easier.
I have a very important decision to make! Do I get the steadtler triplus felt tips http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-Triplus-323-Fibre-Tip-Desktop/dp/B000KJP7HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424604236&sr=8-1&keywords=steadler+feltips

or the stabilo ones? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stabilo-6820-03-ColorParade-Fibre-Tipped-Pens/dp/B000OZQAYG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1424604236&sr=8-8&keywords=steadler+feltips

I've always prefered the stabilo fineliners but I think the steadtler felt tips look much nicer! Can anyone help?
I am doing Geography at uni and I intend to take them on my field trip to tenerife to make sure our evening session posters are the prettiest :wink:
Original post by Gaby.
LOVE the first one, shame I already have my perfect pencil case :frown: Why do you need three pencil cases, or are you just really dedicated to the stationery cause?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In all honesty I saw them years ago but the shipping used to be around $40 so couldn't justify buying them. They do a cheaper shipping now although it will take longer. I switch between cases, I ordered the PE-06 as an extra but now that's the one I'm looking most forward to!
Original post by gracecooke55
I have a very important decision to make! Do I get the steadtler triplus felt tips http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-Triplus-323-Fibre-Tip-Desktop/dp/B000KJP7HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424604236&sr=8-1&keywords=steadler+feltips

or the stabilo ones? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stabilo-6820-03-ColorParade-Fibre-Tipped-Pens/dp/B000OZQAYG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1424604236&sr=8-8&keywords=steadler+feltips

I've always prefered the stabilo fineliners but I think the steadtler felt tips look much nicer! Can anyone help?
I am doing Geography at uni and I intend to take them on my field trip to tenerife to make sure our evening session posters are the prettiest :wink:

I have both and i think that they're both really good.
Original post by gracecooke55

I have the Steadtler ones, and I think they're really good! :yep: I've never tried the Stabilo ones (I really want to now though :lol:) so I can't really compare them, but I do think that the Stabilo ones are probably firmer? Like after being used for a while the tip doesn't go as squishy? The Steadtler ones do get quite thick after a lot of use (I have no idea whether than explanation made sense :tongue:)
Original post by Gingerbread101
I have the Steadtler ones, and I think they're really good! :yep: I've never tried the Stabilo ones (I really want to now though :lol:) so I can't really compare them, but I do think that the Stabilo ones are probably firmer? Like after being used for a while the tip doesn't go as squishy? The Steadtler ones do get quite thick after a lot of use (I have no idea whether than explanation made sense :tongue:)

Thank you :smile: my semester 1 results come out tomorrow so they are going to be my commiseration or celebration!
Mike check out amazom reviews. Would probably prefer the tips to last longer as I have loads of old felt tips with squidgy tips so want these to last!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending