The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

anyone here into bullet journalling? just ordered a Leuchtturm and refills for some fave pens to try it out
Original post by cjhhptb
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1437222866.464784.jpg
My new stationary storage! Thinking of getting some more jars for the top, not sure yet. I have way too much stationary haha. This thread is to blame, makes me want to buy more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love the colour sorting of the sharpies!!!

Where are those shelves from?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody recommend a decent black pen to use for day to day jobs? TIA
Original post by Icecream1

what kind you looking for? Gel, rollerball, liquid ink?
Original post by Gilo98
what kind you looking for? Gel, rollerball, liquid ink?

don't really mind, I prefer rollerball or ballpoint.
don't really mind, I prefer rollerball or ballpoint.

cant go wrong with a uni jet stream then. larger nib size is smoother. get a retractable one for ease. very good ink for every situation. whatever you decide buy from Cult Pens. cheap and very reliable/secure etc etc. find the jet streams here

https://www.cultpens.com/c/q/brands/uni-ball/uni-ball-pens/uni-jetstream

would get the sport.

And theres an offer atm where you get a free refill for every 1 pen bought. buy 3 pens = essentially 6 pens. cant go wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)

I really like papermate inkjoys. Very nice biros. Every time I give someone one for the first time they're like "This is an awesome pen!!!". They also come in a range of colours (though sadly I think only 8 now... It used to be 10) so you can write in colours and have it match!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not kidding I have like 5 different pencil cases from impulse buys -_-
Original post by Smileyface97

You just need to find uses for them all. Everyday to carry round in your bag, sharpie pencil case (of course) colouring pencils, study (for use at training, lectures or work related events).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I have to find uses for them too. I particularly like my new dinosaur one but I have to colour it in with fabric pens :biggrin:

Original post by kpwxx
I really like papermate inkjoys. Very nice biros. Every time I give someone one for the first time they're like "This is an awesome pen!!!". They also come in a range of colours (though sadly I think only 8 now... It used to be 10) so you can write in colours and have it match!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I adore inkjoys. I finally gathered all of mine together and have over 100. They're just nice to have around. I let pupils I trust use them otherwise it's the cheap biros for them.

I should probably top up on cheap biros.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, already have inkjoys and they are pretty nice. I have a set of colours and just black ink.

I used to treat myself to a new one every summer when I was away on holiday in readiness for the new academic year. As I have now retired, I have two problems : a very large number of pencil cases/pens/files/fancy stuff from very nice stationery shops all over the world, and a sudden realisation that as I am never, ever going to mark anything or use file paper or have a load of essays to mark ever again, one of my favourite holiday activities has just come to an abrupt halt....
Anyone know a good school bag to take for sixth form ( I go to an all girls school so the competition is real)
Original post by aamirac
Anyone know a good school bag to take for sixth form ( I go to an all girls school so the competition is real)

I used a 15" Cambridge satchel. Could fit a laptop and A4 papers there if I wanted to and it was really good quality. Not the best for your back and shoulders though, if you're anything like me and carry around a bucketful of crap in your bag all day.
Original post by emmlag
I used a 15" Cambridge satchel. Could fit a laptop and A4 papers there if I wanted to and it was really good quality. Not the best for your back and shoulders though, if you're anything like me and carry around a bucketful of crap in your bag all day.

I carry a load of rubbish in my bag too. But I need to get something that would carry all my work and textbooks and more work without feeling like I'm going on a hike.
Original post by aamirac
I carry a load of rubbish in my bag too. But I need to get something that would carry all my work and textbooks and more work without feeling like I'm going on a hike.

Ahh, I see. Never carried textbooks in mine. Maybe just a massive leather tote bag?
Original post by emmlag
Ahh, I see. Never carried textbooks in mine. Maybe just a massive leather tote bag?

That could be alright. Yeah textbooks/books to challenge my teachers with hahaha.
thank you for the help. :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac

Don't go for something fancy smancy because it won't last the year but that's not to say you couldn't get a nice backpack that would do the job and last

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamirac
That could be alright. Yeah textbooks/books to challenge my teachers with hahaha.
thank you for the help. :biggrin:

How about an eastpak backpack?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
How about an eastpak backpack?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I like them, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending