The Student Room Group

Been back at school one week and I'm freaking o

Life is becoming extremely difficult and I don't know what to do...

I've been back at school for one week and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I've just entered 6th form and I can already tell this year is going to be really hard and I have so many other problems on top of it all. (I'm 16 and make)

My friends rarely ever seem to make time for me anymore. They are always working or going to see their boyfriends/girlfriends). I see them even less now because we have no classes together so I never see them.

I have really bad anxiety. If I have to read out in class my heart beats faster and I began to freak out but I don't express it. Then when I do read out, I have to pause a lot, I rush it, I go red and sweaty. It's so uncomfortable. I'm not good at talking to new people.

I'm gay but I'm in the closet and I'm also Christian and having an extremely rough time accepting it and coming out. It bothers me so much and I don't know how I'll ever be happy with it due to my faith. (I don't discriminate as my best friend is gay but it's just my own feelings)

I'm very lonely as I never see my friends and I've never had a relationship and I'm always alone. Also formal is coming up and I know I'll either go alone or just don't go.

My mum also may have cancer and my brother suffers with depression.

My self esteem is at the lowest point as well. I hate the way I look, I've heard people call me ugly and I often try to walk with my head down so people don't see my face. I try to exercise 5-6 days a week and eat healthy but this week I haven't because I'm back at school. If I don't exercise and eat healthy then I become really sad and I hate myself even more. I know I'm skinny but at the same I feel I'm fat and I want to gain muscle but it doesn't seem to work. I really just hate myself.

I've been really down this weekend and I don't know how to improve this mood. I've had this before where I will be depressed for a few months but I really don't want to end up with depression. I'm really freaking out right now and I have no one to talk to about any of it. What ways can I help cope with everything and become more confident in myself?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
x

Talk to someone. Does your place of education have a councillor? If so go and see them. Talk to them about how you're feeling and what is going on. It can make you feel so much better. I'm here if you ever want to rant about anything or whatever else. :hugs:

Chin up. Just try your best but stay calm.
Original post by 8472
Talk to someone. Does your place of education have a councillor? If so go and see them. Talk to them about how you're feeling and what is going on. It can make you feel so much better. I'm here if you ever want to rant about anything or whatever else. :hugs:

Chin up. Just try your best but stay calm.

This was supposedly posted in 1970...and it got a response in 2014. What in the world. TSR sort it out! :eek:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
This was supposedly posted in 1970...and it got a response in 2014. What in the world. TSR sort it out! :eek:

Lol wth. They need to sort the dating bugs and the italics-move-your-cursor-backwards bug.

Quick Reply

Latest