The Student Room Group

Is university ranking important?

Scroll to see replies

Have you actually started at Cambridge yet?
Original post by returnmigrant
Have you actually started at Cambridge yet?

Yes, I was getting high 2.1s in my first year. Why do you ask?
Reply 22
Original post by Asexual Demigod
Yes, I was getting high 2.1s in my first year. Why do you ask?

lol if you say so, just because oxbridge are highly ranked does not mean you'll be better off than anyone else , as long as u get a 2.1 or first at any uni you'll be fine , your acting like if you go oxbridge your life will be perfect ... LOOL
No, if you were to get a degree in Medicine at Southampton, or a degree in Medicine at Plymouth, or Portsmouth, wherever else.

Its still a degree in medicine, the only time it would matter would be if you were comparing it to Oxford or Cambridge, because then its like an eye opener for an employer, it stands out more.
Original post by PillsIV
No, if you were to get a degree in Medicine at Southampton, or a degree in Medicine at Plymouth, or Portsmouth, wherever else.

Its still a degree in medicine, the only time it would matter would be if you were comparing it to Oxford or Cambridge, because then its like an eye opener for an employer, it stands out more.

Portsmouth don't do medicine and hospitals don't ask and shouldn't ever really find out where your medicine degree came from. Medicine @ Cambridge = Medicine @ Lancaster in terms of job prospects.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Portsmouth don't do medicine and hospitals don't ask and shouldn't ever really find out where your medicine degree came from. Medicine @ Cambridge = Medicine @ Lancaster in terms of job prospects.

Oh yeah they don't, you know what I mean though. :-)
This is why barely anyone in my generation is going to oxbridge. We need space to breathe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending