The Student Room Group

If you don't meet your partner in Uni, will you be alone forever?

Scroll to see replies

You can meet your partner anywhere, I started dating at 16 and my bf was 22..what does that say?
I met my husband before uni so not true in my case. Most of the people in my class were single by graduation so I don't think so. People tend to meet partners at work or through friends I would have thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snoochtothebooch
lol. What a load of ****e.

thank you!!!!!
Reply 23
Volunteering, social clubs, and community work is a good place to meet girls. Obviously not to go around shoving your phone number in their faces but it's a chance to meet someone and establish a connection if you've got things in common with them. I met my current girlfriend in volunteering and I dated another girl from volunteering about 5 or 6 months before that :smile:

There were a lot of people who started dating in that place come to think of it.
That's really not true at all.

I met my partner after uni.
I met my soulmate at uni but she refused me

Posted from TSR Mobile
If so I am utterly ****ed. Not literally obviously, the lack of getting ****ed is the problem :tongue:

Original post by mick694
Volunteering, social clubs, and community work is a good place to meet girls. Obviously not to go around shoving your phone number in their faces but it's a chance to meet someone and establish a connection if you've got things in common with them. I met my current girlfriend in volunteering and I dated another girl from volunteering about 5 or 6 months before that

There were a lot of people who started dating in that place come to think of it.

I just tried that. As per usual it didn't work and now I have just made things awkward. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Probably not, although I am concerned that it would be hard to find a guy from work/social circles to date after university.
Reply 28
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If so I am utterly ****ed. Not literally obviously, the lack of getting ****ed is the problem :tongue:

I just tried that. As per usual it didn't work and now I have just made things awkward. :rolleyes:

Hmm keep trying? I was volunteering with my current girlfriend for 12 months before I asked her out.

Dating apps and websites are always improving and getting better too. The stigma is lessening over time so I imagine a lot of people will meet that way over the next 10-20 years.
Original post by sr90
I can sort of agree with this.

I finished uni last summer and since then, there have been no possibilities for me to meet people outside of work. Everyone there is in a relationship and a lot of people simply don't want anything to do with their colleagues. All my friends are in relationships and don't want to do anything unless it involves their other half.

Starting to think i'll be forever alone :colonhash:
you say that but you wont accept our help:P
Yes. Forever Alone. :smile:
thought that I would be alone forever, but I won't be tonight
Original post by Foo.mp3
Only if you're seriously lacking, on balance, in the following departments:

Time
Social contact
Looks (esp. if female)
Self confidence (esp. if male)

Exactly, the entire young population does not meet at university! ..People can meet almost anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GnomeMage
I met my soulmate at uni but she refused me

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:
Original post by bahonsi
Yes. Forever Alone. :smile:

Glad to see someone who doesn't care :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Possibly
Lol their are no rules, why are people so quick to do this sort of thing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I can sort of agree with this.

I finished uni last summer and since then, there have been no possibilities for me to meet people outside of work. Everyone there is in a relationship and a lot of people simply don't want anything to do with their colleagues. All my friends are in relationships and don't want to do anything unless it involves their other half.

Starting to think i'll be forever alone :colonhash:

So your suggestion is that I find a partner before I get a job? Right :getmecoat:
I met my partner waaaay before uni. I don't think you are doomed to never meet someone just because you never met them at college/uni. Most people I know in relationships met each other before college/uni or met afterwards while working together or just met randomly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest